What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bigs who may be on CU's radar for spring signing period

Yeah, I'm cranky so I went full hyperbole. But I'm a firm believer in taking the best talent and figuring it out later. You can win many different ways. Look at Villanova.

So many teams that prove that. Nova is a great example, and also Illinois with Brown, Head and Williams. Even the Louisville champ team was small. Sure Dieng was solid and key, but the team was definitely a smaller team playing to their best talents. I would take Diallo in a heartbeat, although I am hopeful for Walton.

With that said, if we do this, we are really begging for bigs next recruiting cycle, which to be honest, does worry me a little. I will always remember Jason Smith of CSU, who even though made the NBA was still sort of a stiff, giving Duke headaches in the NCAA tournament game. One true, forceful big, even if not the Patrick Ewing type, can still dominate if he knows how to throw his body around against a small team that decides to play small and weak.

Oh-my-GIF.gif

Skilled and athletic 7 footers are so rare that they are worth the risk. This is almost a no-brainer to me. Especially if XJ plays this season and the Buffs have 2 scholarship openings.
Tell that to the Trailblazers.

Signing day starts tomorrow and Boyle expects 1-2 more signee by the end if the week. Hmmm

Who am I supposed to stalk? Tad doesn't have a twitter, Bill Grier doesn't use his. I guess I could stalk CU players but.. that doesn't exactly garner results.

Damn, even Bernardi and Jeffcoat have a leg up on Tad.

According to an article in the sports page of the Longmont Times Call, the Buffs have an offer out to Andrean Johnson, a class of '16 a 6' 8" High School forward near Dallas TX that may be their target now ... along with Jimmy Whitt as a transfer who will redshirt.

According to an article in the sports page of the Longmont Times Call, the Buffs have an offer out to Andrean Johnson, a class of '16 a 6' 8" High School forward near Dallas TX that may be their target now ... along with Jimmy Whitt as a transfer who will redshirt.

Johnson is a really old offer from the Rivals database, but I don't believe there's been anything to that in over 6 months.

In Texas class 5A, Adrean Johnson averaged 18.5 and 9.0. Can't seem to find any highlights on him though.

In today's Buffzone article, Tad says he's in on some really, really good players. So I'm guessing Tad's pulling out the guns and going for an immediate impact player on at least a 4 star level.

Johnson is a really old offer from the Rivals database, but I don't believe there's been anything to that in over 6 months.
I realize that Rivals is not the know all source, but the interesting thing is that, of all the 2016 CU offers listed on Rivals, he is the only one who is not committed. There was a big kid who committed to Stanford on this list. Do you think that he may be a legit target now after the coaching change there? I believe that under the rules, in such a situation, a player can opt out.

In today's Buffzone article, Tad says he's in on some really, really good players. So I'm guessing Tad's pulling out the guns and going for an immediate impact player on at least a 4 star level.

I hope you're right, but if all he had to do was "pull out the guns" to bring in 4-stars, we'd have a top-20 team every year

Back