What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

If we end up in the Alamo against PSU... bring your body armor.

How does anyone figure we are the BIG 12 No. 6 team. After OU, who we beat, and KU I think it's a toss up between MU, KSU and CU for 3rd.

I don't think it goes by where a team is ranked in conference. I think when they say Big 12 no. 6, it means they are the 6th bowl to choose from the bowl eligible teams in conference. This is why the Cotton Bowl almost always has a south team.

I don't think it goes by where a team is ranked in conference. I think when they say Big 12 no. 6, it means they are the 6th bowl to choose from the bowl eligible teams in conference. This is why the Cotton Bowl almost always has a south team.

yep, the best fans in america couldn't even sell out their alloted tickets to the Cotton last year. I bet they don't even consider a north team this year.

Illinois or Purdue would be tough matchup with their wide open offenses.

Yep. Texas is the #3 team no matter what. Quite likely even #2 unless OU and KU both land in BCS games... which could quite possibly happen if KU beats Mizzou. :huh:

I would look for UT in the Cotton Bowl, either KU or Mizzou (if KU goes BCS) in the Holiday, Mizzou or the next best south team (Tech? Aggy? Okie Light?) in the Alamo and CU should start factoring in somewhere around the Insight or Sun Bowl level. Of course, if we win out, that could improve... :thumbsup:

Time to update this thread.

ESPN
Maisel
Valero Alamo
(Big Ten No. 4/5 vs. Big 12 No. 4/5) Michigan vs. Colorado

Schlabach
No bowl (has NU going to the Independence Bowl)

CNNSI
Independence
(Big 12 No. 7 vs. SEC) Colorado/Nebraska vs. Arkansas

Dallas Morning News
Insight: Colorado vs. Iowa

CBS Sportsline
No bowl (has NU going to the Insight Bowl)

MSNBC
Insight: Purdue vs. Colorado

Rivals.com
Insight
(Big Ten #6 vs. Big 12 #7) Iowa vs. Colorado

Houston Chronicle
Independence Bowl: Colorado vs. Mississippi State

ESPN
Maisel
Valero Alamo
Schlabach

CNNSI
Independence

Dallas Morning News
Insight: Colorado vs. Io
CBS Sportsline

MSNBC

Rivals.com
Insight

Houston Chronicle

That matchup would be ugly.

ESPN
Maisel
Valero Alamo

Schlabach

CNNSI
Independence

Dallas Morning News
Insight: Colorado vs. Iowa

CBS Sportsline

MSNBC

Rivals.com
Insight

Houston Chronicle

Man does this highlight the importance of the fusker game.

Back