What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bronny to CU???

2023-2024 roster

Starters
PG KJ
SG Bronny
Wing Cody
Wing TDS
C Graham Ike

Bench
C Will Shaver
Wing Dalton Knecht
Wing LOB
F Hurlburt
G Ruffin
G RJ Smith

Pac 12 Champions
Final Four Squad

A girl can dream!
I would agree with this assessment in theory lol

As it stands, we're going to have 2 of the top returning scorers in the conference returning plus a projected top ten draft pick freshman. If we somehow added Bronny to that, it's 2 top ten picks. Then the other starter likely being an impact transfer. We'd be a contender. 😍

Towards the end of a really good interview with Shedeur, Brandon Marshall brings up that Brony and Shedeur are thought to be the 2 biggest money guys, given their status. Shedeur won't give a straight answer, but they are talking about $7 million each.

This young man is unbelievable. He is everything you could ask for.
I'll use the $7 million as an excuse to post this:

As it stands, we're going to have 2 of the top returning scorers in the conference returning plus a projected top ten draft pick freshman. If we somehow added Bronny to that, it's 2 top ten picks. Then the other starter likely being an impact transfer. We'd be a contender. 😍

Florida 2006
=
Colorado 2024

Just trying to imagine the media coverage and fan response if Bronny is a Buff and LBJ shows up to a game in Boulder on an off day before or after playing the Nuggets.

Then he spends the game sitting close to front row with Prime and one or two of their mutual celebrity friends.

Cal Jr might be hangin' around that weekend

Cal Jr might be hangin' around that weekend
In my late 20's I managed food and beverage at the St. Julien, and Cal Jr was a regular. I believe his daughter was on CU's volleyball team. Our line chef was a huge Orioles fan and he would make sure he personally delivered Cal's breakfast every morning (while sporting his old Orioles cap). Cal is a standup guy, always polite and without an ounce of pomposity.

In my late 20's I managed food and beverage at the St. Julien, and Cal Jr was a regular. I believe his daughter was on CU's volleyball team. Our line chef was a huge Orioles fan and he would make sure he personally delivered Cal's breakfast every morning (while sporting his old Orioles cap). Cal is a standup guy, always polite and without an ounce of pomposity.

Works for the AD.

I once had a beer with Cal at the Dark Horse pre game for a CU game a few years ago. I think generally he likes it around here because not many people recognize him. I grew up in Maryland, so obviously I recognize him right away!

Pomposity....nice.

It would be Prime, not Tad, that would make this happen. In fact, Prime would probably have to knock on Tad's door and say, "I can make this happen" before Tad would even waste his time on it.

He’ll average a very mediocre 6ppg and 3rpg and create a distracting circus in his very short time there before declaring for the draft and being “miraculously” selected by his dad’s team. Fvcking sideshow joke.

He’ll average a very mediocre 6ppg and 3rpg and create a distracting circus in his very short time there before declaring for the draft and being “miraculously” selected by his dad’s team. Fvcking sideshow joke.
Agree on the points and boards but the kid has game. He’s just the third or fourth best guard on that team - and with that roster that’s no embarrassment. Kids a good defender and a smart player. And I’m not going to blame him for the hype. He basically did the announcement in a way that would get the least attention by releasing it during the Derby and before his dad’s game.

Agree on the points and boards but the kid has game. He’s just the third or fourth best guard on that team - and with that roster that’s no embarrassment. Kids a good defender and a smart player. And I’m not going to blame him for the hype. He basically did the announcement in a way that would get the least attention by releasing it during the Derby and before his dad’s game.
From everything I've read he's going to be a solid defender and a heady player who probably won't turn heads with athleticism or scoring but will be a glue guy who does all the things right needed to help USC. I could see a 8-10 ppg / 5 reb / 5 assist / 2 steal type night from him while also guarding the other teams best guard. ESPN touting him as a lottery pick next year seems to be based on hype and projection that he somehow grows another 2 inches. I ready some comparisons of NBA Bronny and most of those guys were solid NBA 7th/8th man types on a good team except for Jrue Holiday. I've also read he doesn't have the handles to play PG at an elite level which is going to hold him back because he's never been an elite shooter. Also, he's not a bad shooter. He's simply average by all accounts.

This 2016 study shows the risk of serious cardiac issues amongst NCAA athletes, which is heightened among black men. Emphasis on 2016, pre-covid.

Sending all the healing vibes to Bronny. We often equate it with structural trauma injuries (i.e. torn ligaments) but when you're a top level athlete pushing your body, that stress without a doubt increases the risk for other types of injuries as well.

100% chance Evan Battey steps up here and Bronny returns to the game at some point.

Bronny
Damar Hamlin
Jamie Foxx
Justin Bieber
Tori Kelly
Shaka Hislop
Marquise Goodwin
Coach Prime

Hmmmm. Nothing to see here.

Back