What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buff Marching Band Members...

It makes me feel all nice and warm inside because far more students know the fight song than when I started marching here 4 years ago. It could also be that they just sing louder now but either way I like to hear singing. Now if everyone could just learn Glory Colorado and Go Colorado too...

I think the game day t's with the fight song made a huge difference.

It makes me feel all nice and warm inside because far more students know the fight song than when I started marching here 4 years ago. It could also be that they just sing louder now but either way I like to hear singing. Now if everyone could just learn Glory Colorado and Go Colorado too...

I'll be honest...it wasn't until I was a senior that I learned that "Glory Colorado" and "Go Colorado" actually had words to them...up until then I thought they were just instrumental pieces before the fight song and that they didn't have words...I have a feeling Im not the only one to think that way while at CU either!

Last edited:
My buddies and me made up words to "Go Colorado". We called it the "Taco Bell Song".

And if you go...

To taco Bell...

You can eat with a spork!

I have a completely unrelated question for all of the fans out there (especially the students). Sometimes we play what's called "Fight Tag" where we play the last quarter or so of Fight CU. It seems like everyone, or at least the student section, thinks we're just starting at the beginning and stopping (very) short when we're really just doing the end of it. Is this just a student section thing that gets ignored due to booze or does everyone think we're just playing the beginning?

FWIW:
I was totally confused until this post... I never really understood it... even during the WVU game I was confused... I understand the ruling about not being allowed to play during the actual game play... but I definitely didn't even realize that it was just the last part of the fight song... count me in as one of those fans that finishes off the fight song even though I noticed the weird melody change after I started singing... hahahaha. I think, depending on how much I'd had to drink, I'd even throw my hands up in the air in WTF fashion and throw quizzical looks at the band... but only because I was confused.

Still, even sober, I didn't really understand it... until now. Thanks dood!

But what's the proper course of action us fans are supposed to take? Do we start with the last 1/4 of the lyrics? ...or do we just like the old days, mumble until "shoulder to shoulder we will fight, fight, fight-fight-fight"?? Serious question.

But what's the proper course of action us fans are supposed to take? Do we start with the last 1/4 of the lyrics? ...or do we just like the old days, mumble until "shoulder to shoulder we will fight, fight, fight-fight-fight"?? Serious question.

I'd say just sing the whole song. It would be weird to just sing the last quarter of it and I actually like being able to start it off for you guys. Even though we aren't allowed to play, there's no reason you guys can't keep it going. I think most of my fellow band members would agree with that. Loud and Proud!

Say, any chance you can bring a pep band by the allbuffs tailgait for a rousing full length fight song before the walk?

On a side note, in high school at least, it is against the rules to march certain instruments. Oboe and bassoon fell into this category. Believe it or not, at least one person died marching these instruments. They tripped and fell and because of the way the reeds are situated, they were actually impaled through their soft palate. This is why you almost never see marching double reed instruments and if they do pop up, it's only for solos on the sideline.

That is some of the crazier **** I have heard this week. Considering the current state of the economy and country as a whole, you're in pretty impressive company right now.

The words to Go Colorado suk

What?! I think the words to Go Colorado are pretty good. They are way better than Glory. Go Colorado is just like a little brother to the more popular Fight CU, no one pays attention to it or gives a rats ass(except for the band geeks out there who like to impress others with the fact they know the words)

no one pays attention to it or gives a rats ass(except for the band geeks out there who like to impress others with the fact they know the words)

If there were a smiley for guilty, I would use it here. On a side note though, I think Go is actually my favorite of our 3 fight songs. It seems I am alone in this though.

Can someone post the words to both?

Glory Glory Colorado
Glory Glory Colorado
Glory Glory Colorado
Hurray for the Silver and the Gold

Away we go, go Buffalo
We want a Colorado victory
Show 'em we're out to win the game
Come on Colorado fight on to fame
Fight for the Silver
Fight for the Gold
Give a rousing cheer
Away we go, go Buffalo
Go Colorado, let's go

{disclaimer: that is from memory and may not be 100% accurate}

Your complete guide to Colorado Songs:

Glory Colorado:
Glory, Glory Colorado
Glory, Glory Colorado
Glory, Glory Colorado
Hurray for the Silver and Gold! (Repeat)

Go Colorado:
"Go Colorado"

Away we go, Go Buffalo; We want a Colorado victory.
Show them we're out to win this game,
Come on, Colorado, push onto fame.
Fight for the Silver, Fight for the Gold;
Give a rousing cheer!
Hey! Buffalo, we're gonna show,
Go, Colorado, let's go!

Fight CU
Fight, CU, down the field.
CU must win.
Fight, fight for victory.
CU knows no defeat.
We'll roll up a mighty score.
Never give in!
Shoulder to shoulder we will
Fight, fight, fight!

CU Alma Mater:

Hail, all hail our alma mater,
Ever will our hearts be true,
You will live with us forever,
Loyal will we be to you,
We sing forever your praises,
Evermore our love renew,
Pledge our whole devotion to you,
Dear Old, C-U.

CU Alma Mater:

Hail, all hail our alma mater,
Ever will our hearts be true,
You will live with us forever,
Loyal will we be to you,
We sing forever your praises,
Evermore our love renew,
Pledge our whole devotion to you,
Dear Old, C-U.

Singing this part always gives me goosebumps. Go Buffs forever!!

Singing this part always gives me goosebumps. Go Buffs forever!!

Whenever the band travels somewhere, we always sing the alma mater as we come down the hill back towards Boulder and that is one of the best feelings ever. We also sing it at the end of every gameday and I always get a huge feeling of pride after we finish singing (especially after a win). While Go Colorado might be my favorite song, I think I love the alma mater best of all.

What?! I think the words to Go Colorado are pretty good. They are way better than Glory. Go Colorado is just like a little brother to the more popular Fight CU, no one pays attention to it or gives a rats ass(except for the band geeks out there who like to impress others with the fact they know the words)

I'm not a band geek and I know the words. But, they may be due to the fact that I lived with three band geeks. :smile2:

Back