What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BUFF Nation Divided Makes it Worse

In the end, it looks terrible with many calling for his head. So if he is the problem, what is the solution?

Getting a new coach if Talkins doesn't get his act together.

Who gives a crap what Barnett said? he was part of the problem.

CU winning percentage in its history: .606
Talkins winning percentage at CU .312

End of story..

That's the point, nobody knows. Let's say Hawk gets fired after this season and the new HC comes in and goes 9-4 next year with Hawk's players, whose to say Hawk wouldn't?

Only people that live in fantasy land or are part of hawk's extended family would give a damn..

Talkins has made his own bed. He shot his mouth off during the offseason. Its time to produce.

Now Barnett has come out and backed the program and Hawkins in the Post today. He even takes a shot at the University. In the public eye, it adds credibility to Hawkins and makes out fan base look ridiculous.

I just don't think it is right for the Buff nation to air their dirty laundry in public. You have guys like Alfred and Klatt who bash Hawkins on the radio and call for his head. Yet I question how much they have done to help the program after playing.

The lack of victories is painful. Our team does looked unprepared/unmotivated, any other negative description that has been used ad nasuem on this board. I do question Hawk and staff for not playing the guys we were told were going to be great players and garnered the interest of schools like Texas, OU, etc. I think Bohn should force Hawk to be accountable to the fanbase for that.

As for the Cody issue, anybody that went to Spring games, practices and watched games should know Cody has always been our best option. I do question whether or not his presence did prevent us from landing a higher caliber QB.

In the end, it looks terrible with many calling for his head. So if he is the problem, what is the solution?

^^^
This is a cautionary tale. See what happens when you spend too much time in the CU basketball forum...

Only people that live in fantasy land or are part of hawk's extended family would give a damn..

Talkins has made his own bed. He shot his mouth off during the offseason. Its time to produce.
Exactly....well said. Saturday is the most important day in Danny's career. I hope he delivers.

So we're supposed to make the annual "donation", buy high-priced tickets, overpay for parking, buy overpriced official merchandise and take whatever they choose to put on the field, regardless of how ****ty it is? **** that. Every one of the season ticket holders (AllBuffs is one, as Sacky organizes purchasing a pair of seats each year), and those who support the program by buying merchandise, going to individual games, donating to the University, etc., has a vested interest in this program. Those who've shelled out cash have every single right to complain as loudly as they wish about the current state of the program, which is currently in the ****ter and not looking likely to get any better.

So we're supposed to make the annual "donation", buy high-priced tickets, overpay for parking, buy overpriced official merchandise and take whatever they choose to put on the field, regardless of how ****ty it is? **** that. Every one of the season ticket holders (AllBuffs is one, as Sacky organizes purchasing a pair of seats each year), and those who support the program by buying merchandise, going to individual games, donating to the University, etc., has a vested interest in this program. Those who've shelled out cash have every single right to complain as loudly as they wish about the current state of the program, which is currently in the ****ter and not looking likely to get any better.

Those who contribute absolutely have the right to complain. But when game time comes it needs to be unabashed support.

96, you have a brother? My brother and I can't be in the same town for more than about a week to this day. We fight, yell and all the rest...but if you tangle with one of us you are getting both for sure. We keep our squabbles between us and when it comes to a fight with someone outside the family we are the tightest of units. I think of the team the same way. here on our boards, in my letters to Bohn, etc I will call for change. But when when game time comes the opposing team is the clear enemy.

Thats how it makes sense to me anyway.

That's the point, nobody knows. Let's say Hawk gets fired after this season and the new HC comes in and goes 9-4 next year with Hawk's players, whose to say Hawk wouldn't?

Right. So let' s just wait around, for losing season after losing season, and stick with the coach who loses twice as often as he wins. Why? Because whose to say that a difference coach wouldnt do an equally lousy job.

:rolleyes:

Right. So let' s just wait around, for losing season after losing season, and stick with the coach who loses twice as often as he wins. Why? Because whose to say that a difference coach wouldnt do an equally lousy job.

Well, firing Hawk evidently would make you feel better but might not solve the problem.

:thumbsup:
Exactly.. That is a totally absurd way to look at things.. People that sit around thinking about "what ifs" get passed by the ones that live in reality.. Reality says we suck and its on Hawk to turn it around.. Our program is bigger than Talkins, always was and always will be.. If he can't get the job done, then we'll find someone else to do it.

I can't think of a single fan base that has more of a right to be pissed off at its Head Coach than Colorado. People understand. Trust me.

Now Barnett has come out and backed the program and Hawkins in the Post today. He even takes a shot at the University. In the public eye, it adds credibility to Hawkins and makes out fan base look ridiculous.

I just don't think it is right for the Buff nation to air their dirty laundry in public. You have guys like Alfred and Klatt who bash Hawkins on the radio and call for his head. Yet I question how much they have done to help the program after playing.

The lack of victories is painful. Our team does looked unprepared/unmotivated, any other negative description that has been used ad nasuem on this board. I do question Hawk and staff for not playing the guys we were told were going to be great players and garnered the interest of schools like Texas, OU, etc. I think Bohn should force Hawk to be accountable to the fanbase for that.

As for the Cody issue, anybody that went to Spring games, practices and watched games should know Cody has always been our best option. I do question whether or not his presence did prevent us from landing a higher caliber QB.

To truly now what hawk can do, you would have to wait until Cody is gone and he has had a cahnce to recruit a top quality QB without the threat of him playing his son, and deveolping that QB.

So I say be patient and give him another 7-8 years and we will know what we have with Dan.:lol:

I can't think of a single fan base that has more of a right to be pissed off at its Head Coach than Colorado. People understand. Trust me.

Well, I wonder about the "right" aspect, but taking into account Notre Dame recruiting, I'd guess they have more reason.

Well, I wonder about the "right" aspect, but taking into account Notre Dame recruiting, I'd guess they have more reason.

Their recruiting has been great. :confused:

I did think of one, though. Louisville can't be happy with Kragthorpe.

Back