What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffalo Heart Award

it looks the official page for the Buffalo Heart Award is their facebook page.

the two relevant comment there about the award's criteria are:

• It has been presented each year since to the Buff who demonstrates grit, determination and toughness.
  • To this point in the award's history, it has always gone to a senior who has just played his final home game.

It mentions the award is granted each year, but doesn't limit the criteria of consideration to this year's performance. Assuming the full CU playing career is accounted by the voters, I don't think there's a strong case for anyone besides Landman. This position is supported by a scan of the official CU press releases for the last three winners -- they all speak to the player's full career, not just the season in which the player won the award.

Broussard would apparently qualify, as the second point above speaks to conventionally what has happened and not as a requirement. that being said, it would seem he's a long shot.
Something that is very regrettable given the issues with this season is our inability to properly send off the seniors. Playing their last game at Folsom should be something more than piped in crowd noise.

Something that is very regrettable given the issues with this season is our inability to properly send off the seniors. Playing their last game at Folsom should be something more than piped in crowd noise.
Would not be anything close to what they deserve and certainly not like playing a final game in front of a home crowd but if the vaccination process is far enough along it might make sense for the athletic department to hold a send-off event for not only the football players but also for basketball and all the other sports near the end of the spring semester. Don't know if scheduling would allow it but maybe even tie it to the spring game.

The athletes deserve the chance to hear the cheers and after almost a year of shutdowns and limited travel a lot of the fans might be up for an event like this if for no other reason than to get out of the house and reconnect with a little with the athletic programs and some of their friends.

You might even see some people tailgating and/or making a weekend of it.

For the school it would be an opportunity as well to reconnect with fans. It potentially could even result in selling some tickets for the next year.

Would not be anything close to what they deserve and certainly not like playing a final game in front of a home crowd but if the vaccination process is far enough along it might make sense for the athletic department to hold a send-off event for not only the football players but also for basketball and all the other sports near the end of the spring semester. Don't know if scheduling would allow it but maybe even tie it to the spring game.

The athletes deserve the chance to hear the cheers and after almost a year of shutdowns and limited travel a lot of the fans might be up for an event like this if for no other reason than to get out of the house and reconnect with a little with the athletic programs and some of their friends.

For the school it would be an opportunity as well to reconnect with fans. It potentially could even result in selling some tickets for the next year.
Excellent idea. This needs to happen.

Hit up RG or LC with the idea.

Where is the Stefanou love? He gave his leg for this team!
award has always been given after last home game to the Senior that just played his last. I don't think he's actually on the team any longer.

Landman is great, but I think Noyer has shown incredible devotion to Dear Old CU.

award has always been given after last home game to the Senior that just played his last. I don't think he's actually on the team any longer.
I think it’s clearly between Landman and Noyer. While Landman is the popular choice it seems, look at what Noyer has done. He obviously wanted to be a QB but willingly moved to safety last year to help the team. That’s a pretty big sacrifice. He’s also emerged as a team leader and at least some of the glue that has helped hold this team together. That is not to take a thing away from Landman. But to whom much is given (talent), much is expected.

Noyer has had a stellar season at QB, and playing the safety position last year was a "I'll do whatever it takes to help the team" noble decision on his part. Tucker allowing Montez to finish out his senior year at QB may have led Noyer to enter the transfer portal believing his chance to play QB for the Buffs was over. I give Noyer high marks for returning to the team and proving to the coaching staff that he earned the job. However, I'm going with Landman because he's pretty much been a highly productive starter and team leader at his position since he got here. Next year I plan on watching Landman playing on Sundays too!

Landman is great, but I think Noyer has shown incredible devotion to Dear Old CU.
Landman never entered the transfer portal.

My vote is for Landman, and I agree that it wouldn't be a shock to see Noyer back next year.

Back