What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs at the Combine

The problem is not his speed per se, although you were the guy who said he was going to blow away the 40 and blow up big in the draft, it is the combination of factors most glaring is his injury history. What I am pointing out is the combine has not helped his draft grade, IMO. I would not be surprised if he fell into the second round.
I said that based on the idea that he’d be 100% healthy and train for the last few months on testing and run in the 4.4 range. He seems to be bigger, and clearly not as healthy. I also thought he’d do the other drills where his Vert and Broad Jump would be really good and he would also do well in his agility drills, as his change of direction is pretty good. Alas, we didn’t get to see him do much

FWIW, I'm certainly not rooting against Montez. I would love for him to have a great NFL career.

Realistically, though, he is the epitome of a million dollar arm with a ten cent head.

I hope the NFL finds a way to get him to mature and approach the game in a professional manner, but until proven otherwise, he's much closer to Paxton Lynch than Patrick Mahomes.

Late first round pick for me, injury history or not. You can't pass on a player like Laviska in the first or 2nd round.

He’s starting to remind me of Percy Harvin. Great athlete just battles Injuries. Will still make explosive plays but I wouldn’t give him first round money.

As a Bears fan, I’d love it if they drafted LS with their one of their first picks, which are in the second round.

Unfortunately, I think most Bears fans would freak out due to the injury history, as LS will remind them of the body and potential of Kevin White, who was always injured, never panned out, and made millions from the team over a couple of contracts.

Laviska going to have surgery for “core” injury. Is this related to the injury that plagued him all year?

**** man, poor kid. He’s way too nice and good of a kid to go through this bull****, it sucks to see it. He deserves better, I hope he figures this out.
Unfortunately, it's part of the game. That said, how he was used like a Swiss Army Knife, it's not surprising. He's still young, though. It could turn out fine, hope it does.

4.5 flat for DT his second time.

My favorite DT moment last year was against Nowledge. Hopefully this link will start around 25:50. First, Mang flashes his potential as a play maker. Buffs! finally get on the board and then DT makes a statement tackle with his speed on the ensuing Nobbler first down. Still makes me happy, even with the disappointment over the end of the season and getting shanked by midnight.

That's a pretty damn good time, he probably be a role guy, but who gives a **** if you can make the league? Talking about DT, btw.

There are not 30 wideouts better than Viska. The film proves that. Sure, there are some injury risk. Playing for free wouldn’t neutralize that risk.
This is the thing, the smart teams draft off what they see on film, the dumb teams draft based on a stopwatch.

There is plenty of film of Viska running through or running away from DBs who will have impressive times at the combine or in pro days.

His injury history will be a massive red flag at this point

Unfortunately I think you are correct on this one. The concern will be that Viska plays a style that increases the likelyhood of him being injured and not on the field, his college record shows that.

Hopefully when he gets to the league it is on a team that doesn't constantly run him into contact like he did at CU but if I am an NFL GM who is going to be held accountable for who I take in the 1st round I'm going to worry about him.

Back