What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs to NFL in 2020

Unleash Hell

Is this upcoming NFL draft looking to be one of our best ones in years as far as number of Buffs drafted?
Correct me if I’m wrong but this is what I see right now

For sure without a doubt assuming all declare: Viska, Mustafa, Landman (I don’t think Landman will declare though).

Possible mid to late round picks: Onu, Montez, Hambright, Lynott

Picked up in FA if not drafted late: Abrams, Harris, Brown

Mustafa and Landman should both probably come back. They’d be drafted but not in rounds 1-3 unless they start dominating like last year.

Montez probably goes in 5-7, Onu is probably 5-7 if he keeps forcing turnovers, Hambright is possibly a late round guy and Lynott won’t get drafted I don’t think.

Abrams won’t get draft, and neither will Harris.

Tony Brown is actually poised to shoot up draft boards if he keeps it up, and with Viska possibly sidelined for a little bit, I think it’s very possible.

The good thing for all of these guys is that every NFL team will be well represented at CU’s pro day to see Viska workout.

Stefanou and Kinney will both likely be priority Free Agents, might slip into the 7th round but unlikely.

Viska is going to be a 1st rounder as long as he is healthy enough to run well at his pro day.

Brown could go anywhere from the 3rd to the 7th depending on the rest of his year.

Hambright should go 5-7, big OTs with good feet are a priority in the league.

Landman should come back but if he goes he is a late rounder at best.

Onu is playing himself into the middle rounds. Could go 5-UDFA depending on his combine numbers.

Montez 2nd to 5th, somebody will fall in love with his arm and his size.

Based on his character, playing with KD and Vontae one more year and under Mel Tucker, I could see Viska sticking around in 2020. It's a long shot but wouldn't be too big of a surprise.

Based on his character, playing with KD and Vontae one more year and under Mel Tucker, I could see Viska sticking around in 2020. It's a long shot but wouldn't be too big of a surprise.

That would be awesome, won’t hold my breath, but Herbert came back to Oregon after being a 1st round lock.

That would be awesome, won’t hold my breath, but Herbert came back to Oregon after being a 1st round lock.

Yeah the difference is Herbert didn't say he was going pro before the season started.

Viska's injury is a bit of a wild card but he knew Vontae was coming and KD was here before the season. If he could have he would have been gone after last year IMO. How I'm wrong though!

That would be shocking. I just don't see it.

Yeah the difference is Herbert didn't say he was going pro before the season started.

Viska's injury is a bit of a wild card but he knew Vontae was coming and KD was here before the season. If he could have he would have been gone after last year IMO. How I'm wrong though!
I could be wrong but I don’t remember him announcing anything about going pro before the season.

Mustafa and Landman should both probably come back. They’d be drafted but not in rounds 1-3 unless they start dominating like last year.

Montez probably goes in 5-7, Onu is probably 5-7 if he keeps forcing turnovers, Hambright is possibly a late round guy and Lynott won’t get drafted I don’t think.

Abrams won’t get draft, and neither will Harris.

Tony Brown is actually poised to shoot up draft boards if he keeps it up, and with Viska possibly sidelined for a little bit, I think it’s very possible.

The good thing for all of these guys is that every NFL team will be well represented at CU’s pro day to see Viska workout.

Agree with everything except for Abrams. I like Abrams - decent cover skills and has shown some toughness. I think he has a great shot at getting drafted (pending he doesn't implode the rest of the season of course). I aiso think that a strong season from Mustafa could have landed him in the 3-5 range.

Character has very little reflection on that decision.

The team should be prepared to go into 2020 without Shenault, Brown (obviously), nor Nixon.

Values, Qualities, Character all seem synonymous to me.... Integrity, Commitment, Family are qualities I see in LaViska Shenault. Does Viska value the time playing with KD and Vontae? Does Viska value commitment to the team? Or completion of his degree? Or his Coach/Teammates? All of these values could exist in his character and play into his decision to return to CU for his senior year. No judgement with his decision, but I can certainly see his character impacting the decision to return to CU, especially with how the season has gone so far.

Values, Qualities, Character all seem synonymous to me.... Integrity, Commitment, Family are qualities I see in LaViska Shenault. Does Viska value the time playing with KD and Vontae? Does Viska value commitment to the team? Or completion of his degree? Or his Coach/Teammates? All of these values could exist in his character and play into his decision to return to CU for his senior year. No judgement with his decision, but I can certainly see his character impacting the decision to return to CU, especially with how the season has gone so far.

You are presenting a false dichotomy here. He can value every single thing you mention and still make the best decision by jumping to the NFL.

Character has very little reflection on that decision.

The team should be prepared to go into 2020 without Shenault, Brown (obviously), nor Nixon.
Nixon seems intent on leaving which is odd. I dont see him as an NFL player
Has KD said something mentioning that he will be leaving early? I could see him wanting to but I don't recall seeing anything from him regarding this. I trust that y'all have heard something I just don't remember it.

You are presenting a false dichotomy here. He can value every single thing you mention and still make the best decision by jumping to the NFL.
I agree with you and have never presented a false dichotomy. I didn't state if/then and understand he can have these qualities in his character and still decide to leave, and wouldn't blame him at all or question his character. But all the same I could see him staying because of his character.

I think Viska is gone. It doesn't make sense for him to stay.

He isn't going to increase his draft value by playing another year, especially with a new QB in what will probably be a more run oriented offense. Coming back though does increase the risk of suffering the type of injury that would significantly drop his value like Jake Butt had.

The only way I could see him coming back is if he were to suffer the type of injury that would not allow him to perform well at his pro days in the spring. In that case it may benefit him to come back and prove he is healthy and not damaged goods.

Since the likelihood of that kind of injury is pretty slim I'm already counting on him being gone.

Has KD said something mentioning that he will be leaving early? I could see him wanting to but I don't recall seeing anything from him regarding this. I trust that y'all have heard something I just don't remember it.
KDs brother last week, liked by KD and Chev

He is not a shoe-in to be a 1st rounder. He needs to prove he can get and stay healthy.
I think injury history will certainly be a factor, but realistically, it's going to come down to how he does in the combine. If he runs a low 4.4, and has a high 30's vert, he's going to go in the first round regardless of his injury history IMO. As a point of comparison, DK Metclf didn't show much of anything in college (comparatively speaking), had an injury history, and went at the end of the second round. Viska is in a different stratosphere as a WR comparatively (he's a 1000 times more polished), and if he shows out at the combine, some team in the first round won't be able to resist taking him. If he has a bad day and runs a mid to high 4.5 and a low 30's vert...all bets are off.

Back