What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I really happy with all the talent coming in and all that. Here is my biggest worry. These guys are going to have to jell quickly. I'm sure a lot of them know each other well off the field. When you're on it, that **** doesn't matter. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, I hope that part comes together pretty quickly.

Alright, I really happy with all the talent coming in and all that. Here is my biggest worry. These guys are going to have to jell quickly. I'm sure a lot of them know each other well off the field. When you're on it, that **** doesn't matter. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, I hope that part comes together pretty quickly.
1684200204026.gif

Bbc Drinking GIF

…when writing this post?

Got my tickets yesterday for the game. Going with my wife, our son, he'll be 8 and his first football game! And sister and her husband (both TCU alums) and their 2 sons. Ticket prices have jumped in price since a month ago. Gonna be a blast!

One thing to keep in mind is that temperatures for this game will most likely be in the high 90s come the 4th quarter.

I would guess it's because Kenneth wants to stay at the game past half time and not divert most of his attention to keeping the kid occupied
Based on his avatar, perhaps Kenneth had a few too many of those mega beers to pay attention to junior. (Just kidding 🥴).

I remember taking my young children to football games, and it always sucked. they got bored and I spent too much of my attention and money keeping them sated so I could try to watch the game.

several years ago, I was going to the VT @ NCSU game with my wife. both teams were ranked and NC State fans had a lot of high hopes for the game.

talking to a collegague, he was also going and taking his young son. He had better seats than I did.

me: "ahhh, so you're planning on leaving at half time?"
him: "no way, the kid is so excited about this game. It's all he's been talking about for the last week. I bet we're there until all the post-game activities are done"
me: "I hope you're right"

Weather was gorgeous, the game was intense.

less than five minutes into the second quarter, I get a text message "we're leaving. do you want my seats?"

I remember taking my young children to football games, and it always sucked. they got bored and I spent too much of my attention and money keeping them sated so I could try to watch the game.

several years ago, I was going to the VT @ NCSU game with my wife. both teams were ranked and NC State fans had a lot of high hopes for the game.

talking to a collegague, he was also going and taking his young son. He had better seats than I did.

me: "ahhh, so you're planning on leaving at half time?"
him: "no way, the kid is so excited about this game. It's all he's been talking about for the last week. I bet we're there until all the post-game activities are done"
me: "I hope you're right"

Weather was gorgeous, the game was intense.

less than five minutes into the second quarter, I get a text message "we're leaving. do you want my seats?"
I took my 3yo to Hawkins' signature win against #3 OU in 2007. In the 3rd quarter they were standing on the bleachers to be able to see. Hugh Charles broke off a huge run and everyone stood up simultaneously, rocking the bleacher and throwing off her visual balance. She fell to the cement floor. I didn't even notice for at least 20 seconds.

She was wailing like she broke her leg and nothing I could do would console her. I asked her if she wanted a Band-Aid and the response was a scream/cry "YEEESSSSS!!!!" so off we went to find one.

I don't know if it is changed, but at that time, if you didn't have a legit medical emergency, they wouldn't do jack **** for you. That left me with no option but to leave the game in the middle of the 3rd quarter and listen to the rest of the best win of his time at CU on the radio.

I would never recommend someone take small kids to live professional sporting events.

I took my 3yo to Hawkins' signature win against #3 OU in 2007. In the 3rd quarter they were standing on the bleachers to be able to see. Hugh Charles broke off a huge run and everyone stood up simultaneously, rocking the bleacher and throwing off her visual balance. She fell to the cement floor. I didn't even notice for at least 20 seconds.

She was wailing like she broke her leg and nothing I could do would console her. I asked her if she wanted a Band-Aid and the response was a scream/cry "YEEESSSSS!!!!" so off we went to find one.

I don't know if it is changed, but at that time, if you didn't have a legit medical emergency, they wouldn't do jack **** for you. That left me with no option but to leave the game in the middle of the 3rd quarter and listen to the rest of the best win of his time at CU on the radio.

I would never recommend someone take small kids to live professional sporting events.
One of only a couple fun football moments during my college years.

I spent an entire season watching games on the big screen in the IPF because my son was having a blast playing the carnival games in there and Nikita didn't want to make him leave. 3 season tickets purchased to sit on a couch to watch on tv while drinking overpriced booze. 🤬

Last edited:
To be fair, the average high on September 2nd is 94.
Anyone old enough to remember the CU at Texas game when Salaam rushed for over 300 yards ?
It was Oct 1st 1994 and very hot. Some of the players were given IVs on the sideline.

As to his 35-carry, 317-yard performance, Salaam didn’t have enough energy after the game to form a long statement. “I’m shot,” said Salaam afterward. “The IV’s really helped out, but I’m dead. All I can say is I’m glad I don’t go to a southern school. This ain’t no joke out here.”

My point is that this is the first game of the season and it will be hot. I have to believe that depth will be necessary.
Which team will be able to outlast the other?

Anyone old enough to remember the CU at Texas game when Salaam rushed for over 300 yards ?
It was Oct 1st 1994 and very hot. Some of the players were given IVs on the sideline.

As to his 35-carry, 317-yard performance, Salaam didn’t have enough energy after the game to form a long statement. “I’m shot,” said Salaam afterward. “The IV’s really helped out, but I’m dead. All I can say is I’m glad I don’t go to a southern school. This ain’t no joke out here.”

My point is that this is the first game of the season and it will be hot. I have to believe that depth will be necessary.
✋, I'd bet most on here were alive, even if they were young as ****. Even Moses was only a few thousand years old back then.:D Salaam was unbelievable that day.

👋🙋‍♂️
I was there live in the UT student section.
It was a hot mother-****er that day. Thankfully I stopped tailgating early enough to jam water to make it through the game w/o passing out.

Rallied like a champ that evening though.

Who was it that rushed for 400 yards? Tomlinson? Nevermind, there have been 4 backs top 400, Perine had the most.

Last edited:

I took my 6 yo to that game. He was done in the third quarter or so, but was willing to stick it out for snacks and to hang with grandpa and see his cousins who were students at the time. (They were in the student section and we kept saying, we’ll see them when the game ends.). Ha ha we couldn’t find them in the ensuing post game chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back