What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thurs-Sun my organization played games with starting temps of 104, 106, 105, and 106 this week. They will play.

doris day GIF

The forecast temp in Ft Worth on 9/2 is 105.
Everything I found says games have to be cancelled at that temp. Actually they say games have to be cancelled if the Heat Index hits 105.
I looked to see if the NCAA had a rule. I didn't find one.

Maybe they should plan a 10:00 p.m. kickoff - the temp would be high 90s then

Putting the 400 pound lineman in the game, might be a death sentence
Typically reserved for @DBT but here you go.

1692656677450.gif

The forecast temp in Ft Worth on 9/2 is 105.
Everything I found says games have to be cancelled at that temp. Actually they say games have to be cancelled if the Heat Index hits 105.
I looked to see if the NCAA had a rule. I didn't find one.

Maybe they should plan a 10:00 p.m. kickoff - the temp would be high 90s then

Putting the 400 pound lineman in the game, might be a death sentence
AccuWeather says 101 for a high on 9/2. High will occur about 4pm. Game kicks at 11am, temp will be around 90 and be upper 90's by the end. Hot, but not extreme.

It’s going to be f’ing hot!!
Weather.com shows 32% humidity. That’ll make the heat a lot more bearable.

Looking at tomorrow’s forecast of a high of 104, the temperatures at the projected game time are:
11:00 - 95
12:00 - 98
01:00 - 100
02:00 - 101

Last edited:
Not a fluke, but absolutely a lot of fortunate circumstances that let TCU achieve its highest potential upside on the season. Lightning rarely strikes twice. I expect a significant step back.
I've got them at 8-9 wins. That 20 (or whatever it is) is a joke LOL. Easy $.

I don't have a win there. Far more important to this season to get the next two. Nebraska's trash. That's a 10 point W. I don't see why this team can't name its score against the sheep.

Weather.com shows 32% humidity. That’ll make the heat a lot more bearable.

Looking at tomorrow’s forecast of a high of 104, the temperatures at the projected game time are:
11:00 - 95
12:00 - 98
01:00 - 100
02:00 - 101
K. Well here’s this Saturday.
1692674092469.png

I don't recall ever even hearing of a CFB game (or NFL game) cancelled for heat.

The heat may be the big story of the opening week.
Dozens of games are being played in a "heat zone" across the south, which is forecast to bring 100 degree plus temps.
Games, by all medical standards should not be played when the heat index is 105 or more.
If it's 100 outside, what is the heat index on the field?
You can't risk players getting sick or dying, the schools can't risk lawsuits.

If the temp in FW is over 100, it's possible we won't play on 9/2.

105 is blisteringly hot. However, I don’t ever recall CU being terribly affected by the heat down south, albeit with a small sample size. The heat tends to affect players on both sides equally. It’s not like southerners develop some kind of immunity to the temperature, in fact, leaner athletes with a cardiovascular system adjusted to altitude likely fare better in heat.

Where home field advantage can come into play is how the opposing team is often placed on the sunny sideline of the stadium. CU needs to bring cooling fans and it will be fine.

Treat extreme heat just like they do thunderstorms in the area and delay the game. You don't necessarily have to cancel the game. I know it would cause chaos with the TV networks but it would be much better for the safety of the players and fans to start the game in the evening.

Anybody look into what’s going on at Jerry World on Saturday? They can close the dome. I know it’s a pain in the ass, but I live here. This ****’s ridiculous.

To be fair, we still throw on our G-suits, torso harnesses, and helmets - shut the greenhouse door, I mean canopy, and go pull a ton of Gs. And no, the AC doesn’t work at pattern altitude.

TCU's field is grass which is a big plus.

Likely will be in the mid to upper 90s at kickoff and be creeping above 100 by the time the game is over.

They are going to play the game. Playing games when it’s this hot in the south is nothing new. OU has multiple games in their history with temps over 106.
If the projections are calling for that heat, they honestly they should just push the game an hour earlier for 10 am local time and be done.

Despite what you read in this thread TCU has a deep roster. The WR position is loaded with talent if not a ton of game day experience except for the transfer from Okie State. It will be interesting to see what Briles and Dykes have settled on as an offense.

A good pass rush would be a plus for CU. If we don’t have that the outcome could be as predicted by the sports books.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back