What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buffs vs. Utah Prediction Thread

Devildog2

Kyle Whittingham doesn't generally like to run up the score when comfortably ahead in games. Makes it different to bet these types of games. He will put in the 2's and start substitutions when he has control, he will step off the gas. There have been exceptions, like 2019 at Oregon's Autzen, Kyle felt like he had something to prove when he hung 62-20 (With half the 20 in garbage time against the 2's and 3's) on the Ducks. I don't believe he would do that here. 34-10 Utes

Last edited:

cu3x

Club Member
Club Member
Rice, Shenault and Lemonious-Craig are all out. Arias and the freshmen need to step or we will have the running game only - which hasn't been great lately.

Highlander

There can be only one
Club Member
Kyle Whittingham doesn't generally like to run up the score when comfortably ahead in games. Makes it different to bet these types of games. He will put in the 2's and start substitutions when he has control, he will step off the gas. There have been exceptions, like 2019 at Oregon's Autzen, Kyle felt like he had something to prove when he hung 62-20 (With half the 20 in garbage time against the 2's and 3's) on the Ducks. I don't believe he would do that here. 34-10 Utes
And yet he still beat UO by 31 points.

CU loses by 40+. Book it.

pcbuff

I couldn’t disagree with this more. Kyle will say he doesn’t know the line, while at times making decisions that can only be explained by covering. He created incredible fan loyalty locally by those actions.

The question this week is which Utah shows up. The focused kids from a week ago, or the disjointed team trying to figure out how to fit multiple freshmen into their line from earlier in the season. Kyle will run the ball and control the clock, but he won’t tell the kids to step off the throttle.

DisraeliEars

Horse Hair & Dog Slobber
Club Member
Rice, Shenault and Lemonious-Craig are all out. Arias and the freshmen need to step or we will have the running game only - which hasn't been great lately.

Had Shenault been suspended again? It doesn't matter, I guess - he posted on Twitter a couple of days ago that he was entering the transfer portal.

Devildog2

I couldn’t disagree with this more. Kyle will say he doesn’t know the line, while at times making decisions that can only be explained by covering. He created incredible fan loyalty locally by those actions.

The question this week is which Utah shows up. The focused kids from a week ago, or the disjointed team trying to figure out how to fit multiple freshmen into their line from earlier in the season. Kyle will run the ball and control the clock, but he won’t tell the kids to step off the throttle.
What was your guess? I missed mine by 7 points, total between the teams and the game went very much like I thought. Name once when Kyle did what you've said. The Utes were never driving all out... the entire second half... Do you even watch Utah football? Did you witness the Utah punt by Rising deep in Colorado's end at the end of the game? I was hoping they'd kick the easy field goal to get my guess down to 4 points. They didn't because Kyle doesn't usually do that. Ass beating Colorado proves nothing.

Last edited: