What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs W/L Season Predictions

How many regular season wins will CU have this year?

• 2 or less

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 8 6.8%

Votes: 14 12.0%

Votes: 48 41.0%

Votes: 27 23.1%

Votes: 14 12.0%

Votes: 3 2.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 or 12

• Total voters

BatBuff

With the start of the season less than a week away, how many wins does everyone predict for the Buffs this year? Here’s the schedule:

CSU
Nebraska
Air force
at ASU
Arizona
at Oregon
at WSU
USC
at UCLA
Stanford
Washington
at Utah

in the "6 Club".

win one or two maybe as an underdog, maybe lose one or two as a favorite. overall, feeling optimistic.

U$C, fUCLA and Stanford is the stretch that will make or break the season, imo. Get 2 out of 3, or better, and things are looking great.

Apparently Joe predicts Barton Simmons will predict the Buffs to overachieve.

Saw that what Simmons said, (feel free to accuse me of drinking Kool-Aid) but I think he's right. Our offensive line will be much better coached than it ever was under Adams, this offense will be better suited to not getting Montez beat up, we've got a ton of talent at WR, and I think Mangham is going to be a stud at RB and take over there as the feature back at some point this season......too much talent on offense to see a 3-4 win team.

I chose six.

Won five last year. Coulda / shoulda won more. We -- well the players -- seem stronger, better prepared, and more mature and experienced for key players. Huge improvement in coaches and focus.

Yes, I know the schedule is tougher this year.

Last edited:
My bold prediction was 8-4. My not so bold prediction is 7-5 with wins vs CSU, NU, AFA, UA, USC, at UCLA, and Stanford.

I almost went with 8 wins but end up going with 7. Think we win our first 3, split with the Arizona schools, beat UCLA, then 2 wins out of the rest. If I had to narrow it down I say we beat WSU and then get 1 of USC, Stanford, or even Washington.

I almost went with 8 wins but end up going with 7. Think we win our first 3, split with the Arizona schools, beat UCLA, then 2 wins out of the rest. If I had to narrow it down I say we beat WSU and then get 1 of USC, Stanford, or even Washington.
A lot of unknown with WSU, they lost a decent amount on Offense, but our Secondary depth is going to be an issue against them and SC. I think this is the year we get over on SC though. At home, somewhat of a lame duck HC, and complete scheme and philosophy change.

4. No depth on defense coupled with two first-time coaches will make for a long year for the D.

I voted six. Personally would be elated if we got back to a bowl with the team getting more time with the coaches. It would also help get a nice close to the recruiting cycle.

15-0 with another National Championship - that's the hope!

8-4 with a South Division Championship - Realistic goal with an experienced team; USC, UCLA down and ASU overrated (Herm is a great motivator, not a good coach)

I would like to officially add Arizona to the W column.

I still think 6 wins. CSU, AFA, UA and three of NU/ WSU/ ASU/ SU/ USC/ UU/ UCLA. Don't think we win against UO or UW.

CSU: I think Vegas has this about right. Outcome never in doubt but not quite firing on all cylinders with new staff. CU 41 CSU 28

Neb: I think their QB is going to cause us real problems. I feel they get a 2 score lead and we trade scores the rest of the game. Can’t get the ball back at the end to try and win. Neb 45 Col 38

AFA: Lethargic win. Another not really in doubt but never cruising. CU 35 AFA 27

At ASU: Best effort of the year to date for CU as they are starting to play well in new schemes. Tucker has enough on D to implement a game plan that makes True FR QB uneasy. CU 31 ASU 24

Ariz: Arizona is a big mess. CU dominates in a route. Tate not a factor (might have even been replace by FR by then). CU 45 Ariz 20

At Oregon: Strong OL and 1st rd pick at QB sounds like a really bad combo for questionable DL and secondary. Buffs offense hangs around for awhile but UO gets momentum from home crowd and pulls away late. UO 42 CU 24

At WSU: I believe the pirate will have the offense humming and too much for defense. WSU 40 CU 28

USC: Trojans season well into completely falling apart. If Helton makes it to Boulder it will be his last game. Buffs circle the wagons and plays its best game of the year and route Trojans, dropping them to 2-6. CU 42 USC 20.

At UCLA: key game to the season. CU always plays competitively in the Rose Bowl and this year will be no different. Buffs are built to better handle this type of QB and make just enough plays to allow Montez to win it at the end. CU 31 UCLA 27

Vs Stanford: Buffs with momentum, confidence and excitement around the program parlay that into a hard nosed tough fought win over Stanford 27-23.

Vs Washington. Long season begins to show the depth limitations as Washington comes to town and dominates. Wash 42 CU 21.

At Utah: CU team licking its wounds and not anything more to gain on the road get routed by Utah team still with NY6 bowl aspirations to play for on SR day. Tucker uses this loss to produce fired up bowl game performance after a few weeks to heal. UU 41 CU 14.

7-5 regular season plus bowl win gives the program a lot of momentum to finish the recruiting year and lead into the off season.

I for one would be extremely disappointed if csu scored more than 13-14 points. They are bereft of much (if any) talent on both sides of the ball. They are especially vulnerable because they have so few offensive playmakers. While we’re not where we want to be, csu is one of the worst teams in the FBS. Given their abysmal defense, they should hardly possess the ball enough to score outside of the low-mid teens.

I for one would be extremely disappointed if csu scored more than 13-14 points. They are bereft of much (if any) talent on both sides of the ball. They are especially vulnerable because they have so few offensive playmakers. While we’re not where we want to be, csu is one of the worst teams in the FBS. Given their abysmal defense, they should hardly possess the ball enough to score outside of the low-mid teens.

They have receivers.

They have receivers.

They had much better depth along with the same top dudes last year. I don’t think they’ve reloaded very well at all. They scored 13 points then. I’d really be mega sad if they have a significantly worse team and get more production.

Back