What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build Rick George a Statue (was #fireRickGeorge)

RG wasn’t going to shelf the sound system so he could fire KD immediately so what are you expecting he do? Can’t go back in time and undo KD’s contract, or hire someone else so if we’re stuck with KD for at least another year or two, then I’m glad they are investing in the things they can fix now.
Of course he’s not going to… but he should.

And we can't do that too? Just freed up a lot of money by getting rid of an incompetent & overpriced OL coach.

Recruiting is not actually underfunded. It's just mismanaged.
Mismanaged due to mismanagement of staff hiring - mismanaged by none other than RG.
To recruit you have to get kids and family EXCITED about the personalities that run the program. Who on this coaching staff is exciting, in reality?

HC Duh-rell that seems to sleep walk half his life that took 7 weeks to figure out his OL was a disaster?

Man in two years we have almost blown up the entire 6 years MM took to get us back to a consistent 5-7 team.

Nope, but you can reallocate funds to buy it out quicker and move on from this nightmare.
No, you really can't. The contract was intentionally written to make a firing untenable until after at least year 3 (probably year 4). The university system doesn't have a President. The campus Chancellor is easing into retirement and doesn't want to rock the boat. He gave the Athletic Director a major salary increase and contract extension as a reward for the hiring of Karl Dorrell to that contract.

You're yelling at clouds.

You've really stayed home because the sound system sucks? Really?
No but I know people who prefer to watch on tv because the gameday experience at Folsom isn’t great - you can’t hear the referee calls, the music is awful, the bathrooms are like a prison, food and drink lines are long, the WiFi sucks. That stuff matters to people, especially wives, kids, and casual fans whose dollars this program would love to see spent on the program. Diehards don’t care about the sound system, but we need more than diehard fan dollars.

No, you really can't. The contract was intentionally written to make a firing untenable until after at least year 3 (probably year 4). The university system doesn't have a President. The campus Chancellor is easing into retirement and doesn't want to rock the boat. He gave the Athletic Director a major salary increase and contract extension as a reward for the hiring of Karl Dorrell to that contract.

You're yelling at clouds.

Then why are you complaining on Twitter (which I agree with, BTW) if we're ****ed anyway? Why bother wasting your time?

Of course he’s not going to… but he should.
Should what, go back in time?

I’d love a whole new staff too, but seems like you’re saying the AD should be spending money on absolutely nothing until they can save enough to fire the coach which sounds great but is unrealistic. I hope they’re not still paying someone to mow the grass at Folsom as long as Dorrell is still the head coach!

No but I know people who prefer to watch on tv because the gameday experience at Folsom isn’t great - you can’t hear the referee calls, the music is awful, the bathrooms are like a prison, food and drink lines are long, the WiFi sucks. That stuff matters to people, especially wives, kids, and casual fans whose dollars this program would love to see spent on the program. Diehards don’t care about the sound system, but we need more than diehard fan dollars.

Those people will never be satisfied. I've never had anything but a great time at Folsom (losses notwithstanding). It's pretty clear to see that our attendance improves as our win total does.

Then why are you complaining on Twitter (which I agree with, BTW) if we're ****ed anyway? Why bother wasting your time?
Because I don't think we're fvcked overall.

We're fvcked in terms of the time we have to give KD. That's it.

There are a ton of things that can be done in the next 2 years to make it so KD has more success and so that the next coach is walking into a good situation.

Since the idea of changing head coach as a panacea is off the table, it's an opportunity to focus on fixing all the other crap that makes it really damn difficult for a head coach to succeed at CU or to want to stay here if he does succeed against the things that are stacked against him.

Should what, go back in time?

I’d love a whole new staff too, but seems like you’re saying the AD should be spending money on absolutely nothing until they can save enough to fire the coach which sounds great but is unrealistic. I hope they’re not still paying someone to mow the grass at Folsom as long as Dorrell is still the head coach!
Of course he isn’t going to shelf the sound system to fire Dorrell. But he should. I mentioned it a couple weeks ago, but they absolutely DO have the money to clean house in the coaching staff, but they would have to prioritize that over bathrooms and sound systems, something that I think is a no brainer but apparently others think it’s better to ride out another 2 seasons of ****ty football and poor recruiting.

There are a ton of things that can be done in the next 2 years to make it so KD has more success and so that the next coach is walking into a good situation.

Since the idea of changing head coach as a panacea is off the table, it's an opportunity to focus on fixing all the other crap that makes it really damn difficult for a head coach to succeed at CU or to want to stay here if he does succeed against the things that are stacked against him.

If it's put in terms of making it easier for the next coach to have success, then I can understand it. However, KD is an awful coach and no about of infrastructure improvements will help him. As long as he's here, this will be the program we have.

Those people will never be satisfied. I've never had anything but a great time at Folsom (losses notwithstanding). It's pretty clear to see that our attendance improves as our win total does.
Those people will never be satisfied? Glad you’re not the AD if you think improving the fan experience is a waste of money. BTW this program has had 2 sellouts in the last 5 years and one of those was driven heavily by Nebraska fans. I wouldn’t be championing our attendance by any means.

I can understand the idea of taking these next few years to build everything up for the next coach, but it’s unfortunate that we’re going to have to sit through more seasons of this garbage

Of course he isn’t going to shelf the sound system to fire Dorrell. But he should. I mentioned it a couple weeks ago, but they absolutely DO have the money to clean house in the coaching staff, but they would have to prioritize that over bathrooms and sound systems, something that I think is a no brainer but apparently others think it’s better to ride out another 2 seasons of ****ty football and poor recruiting.
I would love to see what makes you think we have the money to clean house with the coaching staff if we weren’t fixing the sound system.

Lights for night games. Beer at the stadium. Enhanced tailgating with the new practice field & IPF. New scoreboard. Rooftop terrace. End zone loge boxes.

None of those things matter to you?

I think they've been huge, but they fall short because we were just so far behind. Things like Balch, bathrooms, concessions, sound system and really the entire west side (especially what they try to call club seating there) are an absolute embarrassment that make the only reason to go to a game at Folsom with the entire family to see a winning team. That, plus the view of the Flatirons and seeing Ralphie run.

I'd go to games if we were playing in a rock quarry and it was BYOB with no sound, scoreboard or food service. But I couldn't get my family excited to go to that.

Those people will never be satisfied? Glad you’re not the AD if you think improving the fan experience is a waste of money. BTW this program has had 2 sellouts in the last 5 years and one of those was driven heavily by ****braska fans. I wouldn’t be championing our attendance by any means.

I'm glad you're not either. Someone ignoring the product on the field to make the Cardi B sound better when we're getting blown out is not someone I want running my athletic department.

Also, what's our record in those last 5 years?

I would love to see what makes you think we have the money to clean house with the coaching staff if we weren’t fixing the sound system.
I’m assuming the sound system and bathroom renovation is going to cost more than the roughly $12-$13m to buyout KD and staff

Lights for night games. Beer at the stadium. Enhanced tailgating with the new practice field & IPF. New scoreboard. Rooftop terrace. End zone loge boxes.

I think they've been huge, but they fall short because we were just so far behind. Things like Balch, bathrooms, concessions, sound system and really the entire west side (especially what they try to call club seating there) are an absolute embarrassment that make the only reason to go to a game at Folsom with the entire family to see a winning team. That, plus the view of the Flatirons and seeing Ralphie run.

I'd go to games if we were playing in a rock quarry and it was BYOB with no sound, scoreboard or food service. But I couldn't get my family excited to go to that.

You're adding football facilities to that and you know damn well that's not what we're talking about. Again, all those things are good, but not at the expense of the on-field product. That's what matters to me.

You're adding football facilities to that and you know damn well that's not what we're talking about. Again, all those things are good, but not at the expense of the on-field product. That's what matters to me.
I didn't mention any football facilities - I was talking about how they utilized the IPF and practice field for a huge fan upgrade for pre-game.

I'm glad you're not either. Someone ignoring the product on the field to make the Cardi B sound better when we're getting blown out is not someone I want running my athletic department.

Also, what's our record in those last 5 years?
CU fans will find a way to be pissed even when good things happen, I shouldn’t be surprised.

No one is suggesting we ignore the product on the field, but you’re making it sound like we had a choice between winning football and a good sound system and chose the latter which I couldn’t disagree with more. By that logic, you’d have to believe the Champions Center was possibly the biggest waste of money in program history because it sure hasn’t helped improve the product on the field.

You and Sink make Folsom sound awful and it’s definitely not.

CU fans will find a way to be pissed even when good things happen, I shouldn’t be surprised.

No one is suggesting we ignore the product on the field, but you’re making it sound like we had a choice between winning football and a good sound system and chose the latter which I couldn’t disagree with more. By that logic, you’d have to believe the Champions Center was possibly the biggest waste of money in program history because it sure hasn’t helped improve the product on the field.

You're making **** up. Nowhere did anyone say the CC was a waste of money. That's absurd.

The Champions Center and IPF are literally two of the biggest recruiting tools this program has. A sound system is a foot note and bathrooms are irrelevant

By that logic, you’d have to believe the Champions Center was possibly the biggest waste of money in program history because it sure hasn’t helped improve the product on the field.
Interesting thought. Depending on the perspective, there is an argument that the investment in the Champions Center was a waste of money. Has that investment’s return met expectations? I doubt it.

Back