What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build Rick George a Statue (was #fireRickGeorge)

I'm glad we have people of means who haven't given up on the dream and are doing all they can to keep it alive.

Myself, I've pretty much given up and just hope to see a program that goes to bowl games most years and has enough juice to make me believe there aren't any "zero chance" games.

I'm glad the vision is bigger than what I've accepted. And I'll leave it at that since I don't want to be negative and I've got nothing left in the tank for rallying around hope from a tweet.

Great. But both he and Kelli did not go to CU. They both graduated from CSU. Wild ****.
Years of CSU sputtering season after season have them both looking at Boulder for a football program to get behind? Can the Pit Viper guys get out n on this action, too?

When does CU typically announce how season ticket renewals are going? I had a conversation last week with someone in the know, that led me to believe that fund raising and ticket renewals are going even worse than we could have imagined, and that could well be an understatement.

When does CU typically announce how season ticket renewals are going? I had a conversation last week with someone in the know, that led me to believe that fund raising and ticket renewals are going even worse than we could have imagined, and that could well be an understatement.
I don't recall ever seeing season ticket numbers.

Until CU proves it is even remotely interested in doing anything more than squander the resources and good faith wasted upon it, the fans will continue to dwindle and purse strings tighten.

There’s few I’ve met my age or younger that are willing to buy tickets, much less donate their hard earned money. We’ve never seen CU win a bowl game in our living memory.

CU needs to bring in creative innovators and fresh blood. Im sure their hiring processes at every level uphold the bland virtues of safety and familiarity. I’m sure the hires are based entirely upon bureaucratic checkboxes rather than passion, drive, and zeal

If we didn’t get shoveled a pile of **** every year about how great practices are, and how well recruiting is going, and how much improvement we are seeing and the endless line of bull**** that gets trotted out every year, followed up by pure garbage in the field, perhaps we would be a little more supportive. The well of goodwill has run dry.

Unlike 20 years ago we live in a world now where a million entertainment options are right at our fingertips. Like, I dont even have to leave my house. Going to a football game that wipes out 2/3 of a day plus a product that generates near zero enthusiasm is hardly the time to be raising prices

we usually have someone count the dots on the day single game tickets go on sale.

If we didn’t get shoveled a pile of **** every year about how great practices are, and how well recruiting is going, and how much improvement we are seeing and the endless line of bull**** that gets trotted out every year, followed up by pure garbage in the field, perhaps we would be a little more supportive. The well of goodwill has run dry.
You mean pre-season stories about unblockable linemen, great GPA's and awesome power clean numbers don't for it for you?

You mean pre-season stories about unblockable linemen, great GPA's and awesome power clean numbers don't for it for you?
Well, that, and the lack of hearing about anything substantial that will actually make a difference. Lots of platitudes without any plan about addressing the foundational issues that have plagued this program for decades. I mean, yay that we are getting a new basketball floor, I guess?

Well, that, and the lack of hearing about anything substantial that will actually make a difference. Lots of platitudes without any plan about addressing the foundational issues that have plagued this program for decades. I mean, yay that we are getting a new basketball floor, I guess?
Not sure (Ha!) about you, but I'm going to sit back and thoroughly enjoy watching a young, talented team win 20+ games again on that shiny new floor. Whatever happens at Folsom, happens. I'll stop by once or twice when (not if) the $10 fire sale tix start to crop up, but I won't put much effort into it - gameday or otherwise.
#IsitNovemberyet

Not sure (Ha!) about you, but I'm going to sit back and thoroughly enjoy watching a young, talented team win 20+ games again on that shiny new floor. Whatever happens at Folsom, happens. I'll stop by once or twice when (not if) the $10 fire sale tix start to crop up, but I won't put much effort into it - gameday or otherwise.
#IsitNovemberyet
We are one Tad Boyle retirement away from complete college athletics irrelevance.

Only one CU game I'm interested in watching is the game at AFA then I'm probably done with the Buffs for the rest of the season. After that, it's just local college & Nebraska games until CU shows sincere commitment to football.

I think the state's attention will be on Air Force this year as they could contend for the MWC title this year and of course the Denver Broncos.

And consider that I think Tad is only still here because he loves living in Colorado.

His results have far exceeded the resources and support the program has been given.

Tad leaves and even a "good" coach struggles to have close to the success he has.
The same is basically true in football: the only way we'll have success is with a "once in a lifetime" sort of hire.

Unless and until there is administrative change above the AD, the only athletic success CU will have will either be sporadic or based on a single extraordinary coach.

The same is basically true in football: the only way we'll have success is with a "once in a lifetime" sort of hire.

Unless and until there is administrative change above the AD, the only athletic success CU will have will either be sporadic or based on a single extraordinary coach.
In football I wonder if that single extraordinary coach would even be allowed to succeed by this administration.

Wow, I think I have company now in the negative take category. I would go back and search for whoever told me they were tired of my takes but that would be way too much effort now. I truly wish all of the above were not true but it is. Really kind of sad

Back