What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Burks is gone (was: Burks Postpones Announcement til tomorrow)

I guess Jared Sullinger, Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, and John Henson didin't get that memo.

Give it up man, the fact all those guys will be in the draft next and would have been ahead of Alec again next year is all the more reason for him to go now.

Not Only that but you seem to consistently ignore the fact that those guys are all freshman who stand to make much bigger physical and mental leaps between years than Burks who has already passed that development mile stone.

But hey what do you care, you're an idiot.

I wish him the best of luck. But I really think he would have beniffitted from another year at CU. He could have polished his jumper, got away from the reckless plays that resulted in charges, improved his interview skills, played in the ncaa tourney, and won a pac 12 championship. Plus there are the chicks.

He'll be a great player in the NBA if he leaves now or waits till later. But you're only in college once.

Alec Burks should have come back, he still has a lot of things to work on to be a good pro. Did he hire an agent.

Alec Burks should have come back, he still has a lot of things to work on to be a good pro. Did he hire an agent.

He can work on them in the NBA and get paid. Good luck Alec. Please do not forget CU. Go Buffs!

After reading Krieger's column this morning, I totally disagree. He had no other choice. He made absolutely the correct decision.

Yeah, because I'm sure there aren't many groupies that follow around NBA players.

Oh wait.

:nod:

That's the toughest thing about being an NBA player. It's nearly impossible for them to get laid.

Poor Alec.

I guess Jared Sullinger, Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, and John Henson didin't get that memo.

Think any of them will stay after their sophmore season? I think he should have stayed one more season but that's more for selfish reasons. He'll go higher this year than next.

Think any of them will stay after their sophmore season? I think he should have stayed one more season but that's more for selfish reasons. He'll go higher this year than next.

Exactly. I had been under the impression that because of the potential lockout he'd be better off staying and improving his skills. I was under the false assumption that if he did that he would go higher next year. But the potential lockout actually benefits him if he comes out this year because several guys who would push him back in the draft ended up staying because of it. Next year, those guys and several others will enter the draft. I also did not realize that the NBA prefers guys who come out early as opposed to guys who come out their junior/senior years.

The other major difference is that two of them play for what is likely the pre-season title favorite and a third plays for a likely pre-season top five (or higher) team.

Back