What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BYU To Bolt From The MWC Before Sept 1st ??

Ramnation is all jacked up cause i guess they're hearing reports the Fresno and Nev accepted. Trade UU, BYU for BSU, Nev, and Fresno. Doesn't really help the perception of the conference imo

They're jacked because their conference is not dying. They did not trade up, for sure.

New
BYU
Denver

Very intriguing possibility. I wonder if DU, if given the right set of circumstances, would ever bring back their football program. They have some well heeled alunni, who might be willing to fork over some cash for facilities. This would be intriguing.

Very intriguing possibility. I wonder if DU, if given the right set of circumstances, would ever bring back their football program. They have some well heeled alunni, who might be willing to fork over some cash for facilities. This would be intriguing.

In the long run if DU brought football back, I would be much more scared of them than CSU. Their alumni would pony quite a bit to make them competitive.

I don't see that. But they'd be a great conference member for the WCC since it's a non-football conference.

interesting thought with DU, but Hockey is big dog down there and I don't even begin to understand how that conferencing works.

interesting thought with DU, but Hockey is big dog down there and I don't even begin to understand how that conferencing works.

Hockey is a separate animal. DU is Sun Belt for basketball, baseball and other sports. They'd love to get in the WCC for those sports instead of being in the Sun Belt.

In the long run if DU brought football back, I would be much more scared of them than CSU. Their alumni would pony quite a bit to make them competitive.

Maybe. It hasn't done much for their basketball program. DU is a hockey school. It probably always will be. Just the same, there's potential there.

I don't think there'd be enough interest for DU to start a football program given how the front range is already pretty well diluted with both college and pro sports. And starting up a football program is incredibly expensive.

I agree with both Sackman and CarolinaBuff. It would be difficult for DU, but again in the long run they have the resources and location for success (just like the hockey team).

DU's academic standards are pretty high. That would probably be the biggest obstacle towards a successful football team (other than the financial stuff)

DU's academic standards are pretty high. That would probably be the biggest obstacle towards a successful football team (other than the financial stuff)

U of Denver? their acceptance rate is over 70%. their academic standards are pretty average. i've taught a few classes there.

No different than U of Miami, which is actually a very, very good school. They just happen to be amenable to allowing anybody in who can play football.

So if BSU & BYU stay put in the MWC and UNR & FSU become members as expected, that brings the MWC to 11 teams.. it would seem obvious to add one more school to bring the total conference membership to a nice even 12. UH?

So if BSU & BYU stay put in the MWC and UNR & FSU become members as expected, that brings the MWC to 11 teams.. it would seem obvious to add one more school to bring the total conference membership to a nice even 12. UH?

I thought the same thing, but I would not be a bit surprised to see TCU end up in the Mack 10 as a junor partner along with UH or some other mid major so the Mack 10 can keep their CCG. If that happens, the MWC would need two more teams. I am not sure this whole mid major shake up is over.

BTW, I liked Dennis Dodds take, calling the MWC the world's tallest midget.:lol:

I thought the same thing, but I would not be a bit surprised to see TCU end up in the Mack 10 as a junor partner along with UH or some other mid major so the Mack 10 can keep their CCG. If that happens, the MWC would need two more teams. I am not sure this whole mid major shake up is over.

BTW, I liked Dennis Dodds take, calling the MWC the world's tallest midget.:lol:

:lol:

Well, the vibe that I'm getting from the BigXII(10) is that they are there to stay for now. They don't get anything by adding UH because they already have the Houston (as well as Dallas - TCU) market with UT/A&M and several coaches (eg. Stoops) have publicly expressed distaste for conference championship games, so to bring the number back to 12 is not a major incentive, it seems. I'd say additional MWC expansion is more likely than BigXII expansion, IMO.

Last edited:
Back