What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cabral interviewing for Hawaii job

Yeah - Cabral IS DEFINITELY interested in becoming a head coach eventually. I think he loves Boulder, loves CU, and loves Hawaii. I don't think he'll leave for Hawaii however, because as a lot of my Hawaiin friends have said, it's great to visit but not that great to live. After all, you're on an island - you're sort of trapped there. They all love Hawaii still, but don't want to return.

That may be true for some but many if not most (including me & most of the friends I grew up with) who grew up in Hawaii would love to move back if I could find a way to generate the kind of income I would need to live there. Yes living in Hawaii is different than visiting Hawaii but it's still paradise (except for the traffic and cost of living and poor public school system and...) Come to think of it don't move to Hawaii. You'll hate it. :wink2:
HBRBeach.jpg

Last edited:
That may be true for some but many if not most (including me & most of the friends I grew up with) who grew up in Hawaii would love to move back if I could find a way to generate the kind of income I would need to live there. Yes living in Hawaii is different than visiting Hawaii but it's still paradise (except for the traffic and cost of living and poor public school system and...) Come to think of it don't move to Hawaii. You'll hate it. :wink2:
HBRBeach.jpg

I love Hawaii, but I think it would suck to be a coach there. You know this as well as anybody - UH simply does not support it's athletic department. Add to that the unbelievable travel expense involved and it's no wonder they can't keep any good coaches there. They were lucky that June Jones lasted as long as he did. Any coach that goes there is immediately at a disadvantage. You have to recruit from the islands, but you can't get them all. Recruiting from the mainland is nearly impossible. Your budget is miniscule. Your facilities are pathetic. You have no money to lure good assistants. You don't even play in a BCS conference, which would help offset some of those issues. The fact that Hawaii even has a D-1 athletic program is nothing short of miraculous, IMO.

I love Hawaii, but I think it would suck to be a coach there. You know this as well as anybody - UH simply does not support it's athletic department. Add to that the unbelievable travel expense involved and it's no wonder they can't keep any good coaches there. They were lucky that June Jones lasted as long as he did. Any coach that goes there is immediately at a disadvantage. You have to recruit from the islands, but you can't get them all. Recruiting from the mainland is nearly impossible. Your budget is miniscule. Your facilities are pathetic. You have no money to lure good assistants. You don't even play in a BCS conference, which would help offset some of those issues. The fact that Hawaii even has a D-1 athletic program is nothing short of miraculous, IMO.

That's spot on. All the friends I have living in Hawaii are either lawyers, doctors or selling real estate. The economy in Hawaii is insane and makes everything harder.

That's spot on. All the friends I have living in Hawaii are either lawyers, doctors or selling real estate. The economy in Hawaii is insane and makes everything harder.

One of my very good friends is a teacher on Oahu. He lives in Mililani. He moved there from Colorado about 7 years ago. He absolutely loves it - BUT he often laments the fact that all of the people he gets as friends seem to move back to the mainland within a year or two of going to the islands. The move seems to have been a good one for him, but it doesn't work out for most folks.

Back