What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Caught an interview with GB on the Fan yesterday

I've actually had this debate with a couple of my friends... after a heated battle, we came to a general agreement that the original (and still more proper) term was "Holmes" but profuse use of the term by Mexican immigrants (whose native tongue doesn't often use the hard L sound) has expanded the accepted spelling and pronunciations of the term to include "homes" as well.

Put that in your etymology pipe and smoke it, foo. :thumbsup:

hmmmmmm...was this immediately following your hot debate about how to spell the word "dike"?

I've actually had this debate with a couple of my friends... after a heated battle, we came to a general agreement that the original (and still more proper) term was "Holmes" but profuse use of the term by Mexican immigrants (whose native tongue doesn't often use the hard L sound) has expanded the accepted spelling and pronunciations of the term to include "homes" as well.

Put that in your etymology pipe and smoke it, foo. :thumbsup:

your friends are the foos.... :wink2::lol: you should ask yourself...."how would cheech say it?"

hmmmmmm...was this immediately following your hot debate about how to spell the word "dike"?

that is some funny **** right there....:lol:

Terrible, use something like " 'parently," if you're gonna play the contrived pun game.

Last edited:
strike two.

i am not "from" texas, either. thanks.

If you live in Tejas, you are currently coming to us from the state of Tejas. Not discussing where you grew up. BTW, I need to email you some pics of the girls; haven't posted them here since I decided letting the general population that much into my familys life might not be a good idea. Not worried about the Buff bruthas here, but the other lurking nameless people who show up once in a while.

If you live in Tejas, you are currently coming to us from the state of Tejas. Not discussing where you grew up. BTW, I need to email you some pics of the girls; haven't posted them here since I decided letting the general population that much into my familys life might not be a good idea. Not worried about the Buff bruthas here, but the other lurking nameless people who show up once in a while.

yeah, that makes perfect sense. that is why, on NFL gameday, each starting bronco lists denver as their city, as that is where they drove in from. (sarcasm alert).

the word "from" has connotations of what is native. therefore, i can physically exist evermore on the international space station, and be FROM colorado. no one here in texas has this issue; they all clearly agree i am from colorado (but got here as soon as i could, they claim).

The first actual answer to the original question.

Thanks.

And as much as I detest the wings, they didn't gut the NHL and leave it to die.

Absolutely correct, unfortunately the wings are actually the anti fairbanks of the NHL, wildly successful that is.:cry:

Where I was going is that if you love CU you take the good and the bad; separating the history is not only impossible but serves to dilute what Mac had to do to bring us back.

Every offseason there's a anti GB thread that pops up. This offseason is no different. Even if the thread wasn't intended to become one. :lol:

All I can say is that I am glad that are not nearly as many threads about that subject as there were, oh, 3 or 4 years ago. :smile2:

Back