What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CBS's expert picks for the Pac 12 came out today......

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

FWIW, these guys pick games every week against the spread. A couple years ago I spent some time laying money, using their unanimous opinion, on games that I thought had value. Result: I have never had a worse streak in betting on CFB. Point being, most of these so call CFB experts don’t know ****. I’m more convinced than ever that we’ll be undefeated in 2018

Last edited:
In 2016 the Buffs were predicted to finish last in the Pac-12 south and everyone said HCMM was going to get fired.

I don't really expect the "experts" to know as much about the team as die hard fans. We don't have an established RB, we have WR's who haven't proven much on the field yet but look highly promising... I'm not bothered at all by the "lack of respect" from experts, because a successful season would seemingly come from nowhere. We were a 5-7 team last year and we lost our three or four best offensive skill position players plus Oliver and a bunch of really solid role players to graduation.

This year we'll win a bunch of games and all the same experts will talk about this being a Cinderella story and how we came from nowhere, but we'll know.

We haven’t done **** to deserve it.
National analysts don't have a deep knowledge on every single team around the country. They look at returning starters and the production they had last year vs the production that was lost and mostly base their predictions off that. CU went 5-7 and lost their 3 starting receivers, starting RB, multiple OL, and their best defender to the NFL. Not to mention their starting QB was very mediocre, and it's pretty clear why CU isn't getting much respect.

On the other end of the spectrum, Arizona seems to be a trendy pick to contend for the South this year solely because of what Khalil Tate did in a handful of starts last year. Wouldn't surprise me if they were a 6-6 or 7-5 team this year.

We haven’t done **** to deserve it.

I used to be a huge Redskins fan, and every year on the message boards people would be so upset about the so called "experts" not giving the Skins any respect... this was over a team finishing 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 etc every single year. They'd be so furious over the preview magazines and websites because OBVIOUSLY those idiots just didn't understand how Steve Spurrier was going to revolutionize the NFL or how Joe Gibbs could come back after a 12 year absence and not lose a single step or whatever. Of course none of the "experts" respected them as a franchise. They've completely sucked since the 91 and their owner SUCKS.

I don't expect anyone to respect CU Football yet.

The Buffs have had one winning season since 2005. They haven't won a bowl since 2004. We had a big season in 2016 and then took a big step back. What do we expect people to think? I happen to think the Rise is Real, but I follow the team pretty closely (and still not as closely as most of you). I've got faith in this team, but I'm a fan. A third party observer isn't supposed to have fan like faith.

Back