What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CFP-With Right HC and 8 teams, this is not unrealistic

I don't like the idea of forced parity, that's too NFL-like. College football is a free enterprise to put as many resources into your program as you choose, that's what makes the sport interesting and gives us a disparity among teams and conferences.
Yeah but that’s not the case. There are plenty of ADs that would love to put as many resources into their football program as the top echelon does, but they can’t afford to... Because the fact that different programs play by different rules.

Regarding the scholarship limits: I think any reduction in D-1 limits would have to be accompanied by a corresponding increase in D-1AA and D-2 limits. We don’t want to take away opportunities for kids to attend college. On balance, though, I like the idea of dropping the limits. College football is very top heavy right now. And while true NFL style parity should not be the goal, having 3-4 teams every year with a legit chance at a national championship gets old fast. That number should be around 20, with an 8-game playoff so the importance of the regular season doesn’t get lost.

Regarding the scholarship limits: I think any reduction in D-1 limits would have to be accompanied by a corresponding increase in D-1AA and D-2 limits. We don’t want to take away opportunities for kids to attend college. .......
Awesome thought. Win/win

Oh it'll happen. It just may be a while. Don't forget that no one thought they would ever get rid of the old bowl and poll voting system back in the day.
I guess I forgot. I'm nearly 50 and started following college football closely around age 14. I can't recall a time when a significant number of fans didn't believe that a playoff would eventually happen. I think the writing has been clearly on the wall for most everyone to see since the Bowl Coalition formed in 1992.

I guess I forgot. I'm nearly 50 and started following college football closely around age 14. I can't recall a time when a significant number of fans didn't believe that a playoff would eventually happen. I think the writing has been clearly on the wall for most everyone to see since the Bowl Coalition formed in 1992.
I'm only a bit older than you, but I remember the chatter about how the entities in power would never allow a playoff system. But then again, I'm a bit older than you so maybe my memory has faded.

Going back to the intent of the OP, I obviously want to see CU in the CFP as soon as possible, but after watching this game.... holy hell would we get drilled.

It would be a glorious ride to get there and great for the program, but we have a long, long road if we would ever get there and actually have a chance at competing.

Going back to the intent of the OP, I obviously want to see CU in the CFP as soon as possible, but after watching this game.... holy hell would we get drilled.

It would be a glorious ride to get there and great for the program, but we have a long, long road if we would ever get there and actually have a chance at competing.
True, but osu, ou, and Clemson have all gotten drilled in the CFP.

True, but osu, ou, and Clemson have all gotten drilled in the CFP.
You can add Alabama to that list. They just lost 44-16 in a game where Clemson took their foot off the gas and didn’t score after the third quarter. On the final 14 play drive, Clemson attempted one pass for no gain (so not a downfield attempt). Otherwise, they ran it down their throats 13 times to run out the final 10 minutes (yes, 10 minutes) of game clock.

Last edited:
Back