What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Championship game weekend 12/3 - 12/4

So maybe it took two games to exceed 62-36. But Utah just broke Oregon. They are done.
I agree. This is the kind of game that costs the coach the trust of his team and the faith of the fans and boosters.
Oregon has a bunch of soft highly rated players that obviously believe that they are better than they are.
Cristobal might want to think of getting out while he can.

I agree. This is the kind of game that costs the coach the trust of his team and the faith of the fans and boosters.
Oregon has a bunch of soft highly rated players that obviously believe that they are better than they are.
Cristobal might want to think of getting out while he can.
When a team quits on a coaching staff it is one of the hardest things to do in coaching to get them back.

This Oregon team looked like they quit right after the first Utah TD, the game was over at that point.

In fact this game may have been over before the end of the last game between the two teams. Utah dominated and Oregon didn't have an answer, come into this game not believing they could win.

When a team quits on a coaching staff it is one of the hardest things to do in coaching to get them back.

This Oregon team looked like they quit right after the first Utah TD, the game was over at that point.

In fact this game may have been over before the end of the last game between the two teams. Utah dominated and Oregon didn't have an answer, come into this game not believing they could win.
Oregon looks like they play for themselves. They always seem that way to me.

I wish Utah was going to the CFP

Oregon looks like they play for themselves. They always seem that way to me.

I wish Utah was going to the CFP
That's the advantage that the 2nd revenue tier can have in this new era. 18-20 year old mercenaries auditioning for a bigger payday will have some chemistry & grit issues if the program doesn't have a coach who can control that. Always an issue when the elite programs hire a HC, which is why so many underperform their talent.

That's the advantage that the 2nd revenue tier can have in this new era. 18-20 year old mercenaries auditioning for a bigger payday will have some chemistry & grit issues if the program doesn't have a coach who can control that. Always an issue when the elite programs hire a HC, which is why so many underperform their talent.
You are absolutely right and I think it is going to be extremely interesting to watch that dynamic play out with Riley at USC.

On top of that, are the distractions of going to school in Southern California. I’m sure it is a lot easier to keep kids focused in Norman Oklahoma.

I’m not sure he is the kind of coach that can bring a bunch of talented kids together and play for something bigger than themselves.

Time will tell but I’m not as bullish on USC as most of the world.

Anybody else thinking that Tucker would have had us in this game tonight?

I hate that I'm thinking that.

Nah - we wouldn't have beaten Utah this year, no matter what Tucker would have done. Tucker has shown he can do great things, but he's not as good as Whittingham.

I really wish a team like Utah could avoid the random letdowns to teams like SDSU and Oregon St. That’s what subtly kills the reputation of the conference because they’d be close to top 10 if even one of those losses don’t happen.
Not me

A telling thing to me was after the Oregon player got an interception he was on the sidelines with his buddies and a wipe board where he had written "Thorpe" and holding it up to the fans and cameras. Obviously lobbying for the Thorpe award, but his team was down multiple scores. Oregon has a lot of talented players but has not developed them into a team.

Watching the NIU-Kent St. game right now and actually wondering who the NIU OC is. They're knifing right through KSU while running plays at a rapid pace, AND eating clock. Nice balanced attack too.

As for KSU, loving the play calling and the scheme would complement Lewis well. Only thing holding them back is their QB, Crum has put way too much air under a couple of long bombs that were for sure TDs that became INTs due to the DB being able to catch up to the WR

Oh, NIU up 10-0 and at the KSU 1.

Back