What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CHawk appreciation thread.

I for one have been hard on Cody Hawkins, but I have never ever questioned his heart and determination and is warrior spirit on and off the field.....the kid is a true BUFF, and bleeds black and gold. Thank you Cody for all that you have done.....GO BUFFS!!!!!

He might not be what we need but come on yall, the guy absolutely gives it all he has. He is a Buff in my book. I saw the look on his face tonight and the guy was crushed. Hes played his heart out for this school, thank you Cody Hawkins.​

I dont disagree with this. He is the guy we have. We have others that were worse or less loyal. And a few that were better. I give him an A for effort. Its too bad the defense is in his face a lot and he cant see that far down the field. It is what it is .

i totally agree that cody deserves our respect and appreciation for his work ethic, effort, team-first attitude, and all the other intangibles he brings to the program. he is a great buff and an excellent representative for the university. and i hope he will continue to be so.

we need student-athletes like cody to keep pushing us forward.

:thumbsup:

Walrus...if you're disrespecting Cody, that's really ****ing weak. In my opinion, his freshman season was good. If our receivers held on to more passes, the season could've been slightly different, and his confidence and overall play may have continued to improve.

I like this thread. I doubt a lot of players (if any) read these forums, but if they do, Thank You Cody for the time, stress, sweat, blood, and everything else that you've given for CU Football. I wish you had done better, and that the team was playing better as well. I'm proud that you are on the team.

Walrus...if you're disrespecting Cody, that's really ****ing weak. In my opinion, his freshman season was good. If our receivers held on to more passes, the season could've been slightly different, and his confidence and overall play may have continued to improve.

I like this thread. I doubt a lot of players (if any) read these forums, but if they do, Thank You Cody for the time, stress, sweat, blood, and everything else that you've given for CU Football. I wish you had done better, and that the team was playing better as well. I'm proud that you are on the team.

WTF are you talking about? I've historically been Cody's biggest cheerleader. Neg rep for you, Mister.

WTF are you talking about? I've historically been Cody's biggest cheerleader. Neg rep for you, Mister.

well apologies for apparently offending you. Even though I've been here awhile, I don't post all the time nor do I look at every thread. I appreciate the information that's posted and chime in every now and then. I do not remember you defending Cody so much, because honestly, I'm not paying too much attention to who posts what. Also, I don't read every post in a thread, and all I saw was "..."

please **** off this entire thread! get over it, everybody loves cody so do i. but enough, the guy is getting to quarterback at CU for 4 years when he should really be quarterbacking Mines, let's face it. i don't think he;s good enough to play at UNC or CSU. that's the fact. and i'm not sure he doesn't give us the best chance to win. that's one of the reasons we have no chance. yeah he's scrappy! hip hip hooray

please **** off this entire thread! get over it, everybody loves cody so do i. but enough, the guy is getting to quarterback at CU for 4 years when he should really be quarterbacking Mines, let's face it. i don't think he;s good enough to play at UNC or CSU. that's the fact. and i'm not sure he doesn't give us the best chance to win. that's one of the reasons we have no chance. yeah he's scrappy! hip hip hooray

no. that's not a "fact"... it is your opinion. and it would be really great if you could at least try to express your opinion in a way that isn't offensive or insulting.

you fail at diplomacy.

Agree 100%, he's a great representative for CU and a great Buff. Give me 100 Cody Hawkin's over a more talented thug er, person of questionable character.

well apologies for apparently offending you. Even though I've been here awhile, I don't post all the time nor do I look at every thread. I appreciate the information that's posted and chime in every now and then. I do not remember you defending Cody so much, because honestly, I'm not paying too much attention to who posts what. Also, I don't read every post in a thread, and all I saw was "..."

No sweat. I guess I didn't understand how you reached the conclusion that I'd been somehow disrespectful.

I'm guessing somehow you thought the post that I'd deleted was a shot at Cody.

All im saying in this thread is the guy deserves our support. He has earned that much. He put his ass on the line out there for CU and certain fans calling him out when he has given all he has is pathetic, it really is.

It isn't easy to be the QB at the school that your Dad coaches at...that is just a lot of pressure to be under. He played hard and never gave up if you recall the concussion at Toledo. I think we will remember Cody Hawkins for a long time based on how much heart he had and the circumstances he had to face.

If u really think about it, he had to live up to too much for what he brings to the table. He did his best and I think we will need him again. He might never start again but he will be involved someway.

I agree. Cody is a great kid -- I remember him kneeling down and introducing himself to my awe-struck 5 year old son at a Pearl Street Stampede and ever since I've been a fan. Cody is a great Buff and an even better person. I hope someone can forward to Cody these message so that he can see that Buff Nation really, truly appreciates him and his contributions as a player and, more importantly, a person. Cody is someone that, quite frankly, I tell my kid that he can emulate.

The great thing about Cody is that based on what he has done in the past he will handle this with as much grace as is posible.

He will also be the idea back-up. He will know his responsibilities and be prepared without the coaches having to give extra attention.

I have always said that he would make the ideal back-up, now we will see it.

A little off topic: Would you guys like to see CH as an entry level assistant after his time with CU? Do you think he could be good? I'd like to think so. I think it could be a good fit. I wouldn't want him as long as his father is here, to avoid the whole nepotism crap though.

Wanted to bump this after last night. After every TD, Cody was the first person to congratulate Tyler. Glad Tyler's our QB now, but thrilled that Cody's there to help him. You know he's going to do everything he can to make TH a better QB.

Wanted to bump this after last night. After every TD, Cody was the first person to congratulate Tyler. Glad Tyler's our QB now, but thrilled that Cody's there to help him. You know he's going to do everything he can to make TH a better QB.

Had to love the leapfrog they were playing after one of the TDs! I think CH will be a good steadying influence for TH on the sidelines when things get tough...which they will with continued play inthe Big 12.

Thanks for everything you've done and will continue to do Cody. Well played!

Going Deep...

Back