What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Kelly to UCLA

Just off top of my head, not knowing who else would be available. Jeff Telford and Kevin Sumlin would both be a big upgrade weather it be in coaching and/or recruiting.
I don't believe that Sumlin is a better coach than MacIntyre. He will load the cupboard, though. Tedford is a damn good coach who emphasizes recruiting. I like him a lot. And if you've had to navigate the academic waters and politics at Cal, you can handle that dynamic at CU.

This is ****ty news.

We aren't going to do anything on the coaching front this year unless MM goes to Ole Miss, which I'm on the record as saying would be a stupid move for him and a terrible look for us.

Our best hope (other than MM making some real moves on the assistant front and suddenly killing it in recruiting) is that we have a great year next year, which is possible given our schedule, we win a lot of games, and MM becomes a hot name again and leaves for a good SEC job.

I wonder if Helfrich would take an OC job again under Kelly. I hope not. That worked way too well.

He’s available.

I will be very interested to see who ends up on that staff.
Yup. UCLA's offense is damn good already. Chip will do it differently but probably won't be a revolution like he was at Oregon. It's his defensive staff that will determine his success

Yup. UCLA's offense is damn good already. Chip will do it differently but probably won't be a revolution like he was at Oregon. It's his defensive staff that will determine his success
Yeah... but... the offense at UCLA was built to be a totally different offense than what Kelly will run. He has no quarterback, the OL is going to have to completely re-tool. I think it takes Kelly two years at a minimum to get in the players he needs to run his system. In the meantime, what does the defense look like?

It's really going to be bizarre seeing UCLA in god awful uniforms in greens and highlighter yellows and chromes.

His contract with 9ers included no college offset. Chipper will be just fine. Lower than expected number is probably so his staffers can make good enough dough to live in one of the toughest/most expensive markets for real estate in the country.

5 years at over 4m according to Feldman.

That seems modest.

His contract with 9ers included no college offset. Chipper will be just fine. Lower than expected number is probably so his staffers can make good enough dough to live in one of the toughest/most expensive markets for real estate in the country.

That's a good point.

Back