What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Clete Blakeman

FlatironsBuff

Someone asked me how I knew Clete Blakeman after I said he screwed the Buffs at Iowa State many years ago. But I can’t remember the details. Something wonky about the clock at the end of the game. Can someone refresh my memory?

He is also a former Fusker QB, so the fact he could ref in the Big 12 (and I believe he did ref some Fusker games) always seemed like a massive conflict of interest right there...
I just watched the 1986 game and he played the fourth quarter which brought this up.

This. Winding the clock and then holding the ball until time expired so that a team that was ready to run the play was a choice. It was bull****, and I'm still pissed about it.
Yep. Only two refs that I truly know by name. Him and Verne Harris from the Arizona Chen game. Can spot that guy immediately when I turn the tv on.

Back