What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Calipari to UCLA?

you're mis-characterizing the rape comment, but your point is still valid.

Nevertheless, I absolutely respect what he accomplished as a basketball coach, while recognizing his deficiencies. I have a personal hypothesis that those who are exceptionally gifted in one area tend to be exceptionally deficient in another -- Knight is one more data point in support of my hypothesis.

I didn't mention his coaching tree previously, but it's damn impressive.

What’s the correct characterization of the rape comment?

What’s the correct characterization of the rape comment?
let me directly quote instead of characterizing:
Connie Chung: There are times Bobby Knight can't do it his way—and what does he do then?
Bobby Knight: I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.​

there is no "claim" there, and the question clearly put the context on him, not on women in general. To be clear, I'm not trying to say the comment was PC, or even socially acceptable, just noting that the poster mischaracterized it.

let me directly quote instead of characterizing:
Connie Chung: There are times Bobby Knight can't do it his way—and what does he do then?
Bobby Knight: I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.​

there is no "claim" there, and the question clearly put the context on him, not on women in general. To be clear, I'm not trying to say the comment was PC, or even socially acceptable, just noting that the poster mischaracterized it.

I think your interpretation is a very generous one for Mr. Knight.

how so? Reading the quoted post I don't think I'm seeing any interpretation at all, generous or otherwise.

He was asked a specific question and gave a broadly worded answer. Bobby Knight is not dumb. Knight himself could’ve added context to the response. He chose not to do that. I think you saying that there’s no other interpretation to his statement is quite generous to him. I read him at his word. He indicated that a rape victim ought to “relax and enjoy it (the rape)” so long as it is “inevitable”.

He was asked a specific question and gave a broadly worded answer. Bobby Knight is not dumb. Knight himself could’ve added context to the response. He chose not to do that. I think you saying that there’s no other interpretation to his statement is quite generous to him. I read him at his word. He indicated that a rape victim ought to “relax and enjoy it (the rape)” so long as it is “inevitable”.
I appreciate your sincere and unemotional response in midst of disagreement. FTR, I didn't say the bolded, however. I also took him as his word -- no question the comment could be interpreted in many ways, but suggesting it was a "claim" regarding "women" makes assumptions about underlying intent that I don't find to be founded. peace.

Stephen A has been going off on how soft players are now, some anyway. He's talking about the Izzo thing. I actually agree with him on it, that's pretty rare.:D

Stephen A has been going off on how soft players are now, some anyway. He's talking about the Izzo thing. I actually agree with him on it, that's pretty rare.:D
I really dislike that guy. He has no credibility (I think he played a few years of D3 basketball), yet shares highly opinionated thoughts on air without backing them up. Contrast to Charles Barkley's highly opinionated thoughts with the credibility of having played big time college hoops and a HoF NBA career.

UCLA offered Cal $48 mil over 6 years (BTW, that's a paycut), and he got a raise and an extension from Kentucky.

Meanwhile, I'm seeing UCLA fans saying that he should have wanted to take the paycut because UCLA is better than Kentucky and that is how UCLA is gonna **** this up and end up with Mick Cronin.

Mick Cronin is a really damn good coach, who would be an odd fit at UCLA to me. But I guess Howland took them to a final four. Anyway, for CU's sake, I don't want UCLA to hire Beard or Cronin.

They should hire Earl Watson. Or some retread who hasn't done anything special. Like a Mark Fox type.

Mick Cronin is a really damn good coach, who would be an odd fit at UCLA to me. But I guess Howland took them to a final four. Anyway, for CU's sake, I don't want UCLA to hire Beard or Cronin.

They should hire Earl Watson. Or some retread who hasn't done anything special. Like a Mark Fox type.

Is Cronin a really damn good coach? And I'm not being a jackass here. They dance, but they're in a weak conference. They always have good defense. But they always underachieve in the tourney. I think he's fine - he'd be an ok hire - but not exactly a home run.

Is Cronin a really damn good coach? And I'm not being a jackass here. They dance, but they're in a weak conference. They always have good defense. But they always underachieve in the tourney. I think he's fine - he'd be an ok hire - but not exactly a home run.

Word around these parts is that Cronin will interview for the job in Blacksburg...

Really surprised there is only one sweet 16 in his tenure. Really, really surprised, like, I was expecting to look it up and see 4 sweet 16s or so. Those 4 Sweet 16's would belong to Xavier under Chris Mack. And then two more under Sweaty Sean. All during Cronin's tenure. That's gotta really gnaw at Cincinnati fans.

Clay Travis and Peter Burns talking about Cal's salary compared to revenue/profit UK MBB brings in. They said if Saban's salary was the same percentage of revenue/profit Bama FB brings in, Saban would make around $33m/year.

Rick Barnes is the new guy they're flirting with? What a cluster****. He'll say no and they'll be lucky to get some Big Sky coach

Ordinarily, I’d be reveling in the schadenfreude of the moment, but frankly, I’m embarrassed on behalf of the entire conference. UCLA should be the standard bearer of PAC 12 hoops, and they’re ****ting the bed in the most spectacular way possible.

Ordinarily, I’d be reveling in the schadenfreude of the moment, but frankly, I’m embarrassed on behalf of the entire conference. UCLA should be the standard bearer of PAC 12 hoops, and they’re ****ting the bed in the most spectacular way possible.
Between this and Arizona keeping Sean Miller, it doesn't look like the Pac-12 is going to make moves in the basketball world for a couple more years atleast.

Back