What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach McCarney

i could be wrong, McCarney could be the answer to our prayers. I doubt it but ok. Like I said, im all ears, wanted to hear more about flyfishing waters up north valdez, i know you from up there. Dont tell anybody but im a native of Colorado. I was born in hippytown USA and if you from Colorado, u probably know where that is. Any of yall flyfish?

I was not aware there was a hospital in Ward let alone a building with heat. I do go up there for car parts from time to tim. :lol:

I like the mark Richt idea. always been a fan of georgia and how they do things

I like Richt as well. However he lays an egg once a year despite having superior talent. I guess thats the downside of playing in the SEC. After all they produced a mNC champ that had 2 losses.

Well then neither is the argument that what he did in Ames would translate to success in Boulder. I agree completely, it's a very lame argument.
:lol:

I'd say it's probably a hell of a lot easier to get top recruits here than in Ames Iowa. You don't think that's true? McCarney did a great job with ISU. I don't think that's a lame argument.

But to say a coach can never be successful here in Boulder if he was a HC prior? :huh:

He missed out on TWO north championships because his kicker couldn't make a field goal. Every team he had in Ames overachieved and frankly, they were better than the Buffs the last few years. If he could do that in Ames, he'd do a leap better in Boulder. Plus he ran a clean and well-respected program.

Richt ain't coming here. Either is Shanahan.... etc. Time to be realistic and I believe that McCarney had a reputation of a no-nonsense ass kicker who's teams were disciplined and hard nosed and certainly over-achieved. I was baffled when they let him go. We could use the Florida ties and his ISU teams were loaded with under-the-radar TX guys. To me, that's the recipe if we change coaches.

:lol:

I'd say it's probably a hell of a lot easier to get top recruits here than in Ames Iowa. You don't think that's true? McCarney did a great job with ISU. I don't think that's a lame argument.

But to say a coach can never be successful here in Boulder if he was a HC prior? :huh:

He had a ton of JUCO recruits at ISU and he is not getting that in Boulder.

He missed out on TWO north championships because his kicker couldn't make a field goal. Every team he had in Ames overachieved and frankly, they were better than the Buffs the last few years. If he could do that in Ames, he'd do a leap better in Boulder. Plus he ran a clean and well-respected program.

Richt ain't coming here. Either is Shanahan.... etc. Time to be realistic and I believe that McCarney had a reputation of a no-nonsense ass kicker who's teams were disciplined and hard nosed and certainly over-achieved. I was baffled when they let him go. We could use the Florida ties and his ISU teams were loaded with under-the-radar TX guys. To me, that's the recipe if we change coaches.

McCarney won less than 40% of his games at ISU, go check his road record...

Dan McCarney would be okay on staff but not as HC IMO.

I like Richt as well. However he lays an egg once a year despite having superior talent. I guess thats the downside of playing in the SEC. After all they produced a mNC champ that had 2 losses.

Well then Hawk is twice the coach Richt is, he's laid two eggs already this year...

I don't see McCarney being able to take this program to where we want it to be. He did a good job at ISU given his resources, but we need a higher profile hire IMO.

If Hawkins is let go after this season, I am hoping Houston parts way with Kubiak and we take a second shot at bringing him up to CU.

I think he would be a great fit and I think he has the right intangibles to be a success at CU.

wtf does kubiak know about recruiting

He knows Texas and played at A&M. Wtf does Hawk know? Maybe he can get them here but he sure as hell cant coach them or even put them on the field for that matter.

He had a ton of JUCO recruits at ISU and he is not getting that in Boulder.

McCarney won less than 40% of his games at ISU, go check his road record...

Dan McCarney would be okay on staff but not as HC IMO.

But he was at ISU. It's hard to envision ISU ever exceeding .500, and he had them close to that for almost a decade. He was there so long they just forgot how ****ty they were when they let him go, it will be a long time before they consistently do that well again.

He's a hard-nosed coach, which I like, and he knows how to run the football. I wouldn't be unhappy with that hire.

But he was at ISU. It's hard to envision ISU ever exceeding .500, and he had them close to that for almost a decade. He was there so long they just forgot how ****ty they were when they let him go, it will be a long time before they consistently do that well again.

He's a hard-nosed coach, which I like, and he knows how to run the football. I wouldn't be unhappy with that hire.

Yep. I would also add he would make DL recruiting a major priority for a change.

Yep. I would also add he would make DL recruiting a major priority for a change.

Somewhere in the state of Washington, a small trickle of bloodflow diverted in the direction of Buffsyko's long-neglected loins.

EDIT: Perhaps "long" wasn't the correct term there. Hell, I wouldn't know--I'm only speculating on the neglect.

He doesn't quite do it for me, but I wouldn't be upset if he was the guy. I don't like how his best seasons were 7 win seasons, but then again it's hard to hate on the guy seeing as how 7 win seasons at ISU are pretty remarkable.

Here's a question, I really didn't follow ISU at all.. ever, it looks like he rarely did any better than .500 in the Big-12. So, my question is, how many of his wins were over Northsoutheast Iowa State?

Here's a question, I really didn't follow ISU at all.. ever, it looks like he rarely did any better than .500 in the Big-12. So, my question is, how many of his wins were over Northsoutheast Iowa State?

his NC schedule is probably padded with chumps, but they also play Iowa every season, so it's not on the Texas Tech level.

Still, not every team has the tools to compete for a BCS bowl every year. ISU has the smallest budget in the Big 12, and I would think it would be harder to recruit there than any other school in the conference. Hell, looking back at the last several games CU played in Ames, the place seems almost uninhabitable.

What's more of an accomplishment, taking a school like Texas or Oklahoma to a perennial top 10 program, or taking a school like ISU to mediocrity?

If you were recruiting kids from Texas or California to ISU, which would be the best scenario for a recruiting trip?

A) The CU-ISU game where it was below zero with wind chill and their coach asked Mac to agree to keep the game clock running straight through.

B) Any of the weekends where the game was played in a massive ice storm

C) The CU-ISU game where the game was delayed and the stands evacuated because of the tornado warning

D) Encourage the kid to stay home and look at pictures of cornfields on the internet

Back