What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

The KOA interview today with Logan and Big Al was pretty good. Prime says he’s going to get all the former players together Thursday before the Spring Game and talk about their wants and needs, develop the relationships and absorb everything he can about the programs past (paraphrasing). It was a good conversation, suggest checking it out

The KOA interview today with Logan and Big Al was pretty good. Prime says he’s going to get all the former players together Thursday before the Spring Game and talk about their wants and needs, develop the relationships and absorb everything he can about the programs past (paraphrasing). It was a good conversation, suggest checking it out
Haven’t listened yet, but I found it.

I didn’t listen live, but I guess when they got back from commercial after the interview, Logan went on a little rant about CU and in-state recruiting. I just hope Al reminded him about Blake Purchase, Chase Brackney, George Fitzpatrick, and other highly rated Creek kids that CU wanted but chose out of state.
I am thinking that CP and Logan have a different standard of the player needed at CU to do what CP wants to do. I also have little doubt that Deion ****ing Sanders will have no problem telling Dave Logan why a kid he thinks is good enough, isn’t.

I am thinking that CP and Logan have a different standard of the player needed at CU to do what CP wants to do. I also have little doubt that Deion ****ing Sanders will have no problem telling Dave Logan why a kid he thinks is good enough, isn’t.
Someone on 247 said Logan is still salty about Tucker not offering Myles Purchase, which obviously has nothing to do with Prime, and the Purchase family is also a bit sour on CU and definitely fed into why Blake chose Oregon.

My issue with Logan's mentality is that pretty much every CU staff has basically lived at Creek during Logan's run there. They've offered pretty much every legit P5 kid, and many others who were borderline. Most of them blew CU off and Logan never really seemed to be much of an advocate for the Buffs. The ones that did come to CU (Sparaco, JVD, Stanley, Lee, etc) were the definition of meh. You think Prime really wanted to keep Zalinskas on the commit list? Kid had two total P5 offers. Have to think he reluctantly kept him in order to stay in Logan's good graces and take at least one Colorado kid in this class.

Someone on 247 said Logan is still salty about Tucker not offering Myles Purchase, which obviously has nothing to do with Prime, and the Purchase family is also a bit sour on CU and definitely fed into why Blake chose Oregon.

My issue with Logan's mentality is that pretty much every CU staff has basically lived at Creek during Logan's run there. They've offered pretty much every legit P5 kid, and many others who were borderline. Most of them blew CU off and Logan never really seemed to be much of an advocate for the Buffs. The ones that did come to CU (Sparaco, JVD, Stanley, Lee, etc) were the definition of meh. You think Prime really wanted to keep Zalinskas on the commit list? Kid had two total P5 offers. Have to think he reluctantly kept him in order to stay in Logan's good graces and take at least one Colorado kid in this class.
If you were Logan, would you advocate for the Buffs? You want to see your kids win and succeed and the Buffs were not going to do that. Kids from Creek, Mullen would not have changed the outcome of CU seasons. As a Buff alum you would want the Buffs to pay attention and show up for your kids, but if you truly want what's best for your kids (players) would you have pushed for the Buffs?
With Prime here now, there will maybe be 1 or 2 kids a year from the local high schools that will be able to play for the Buffs. Colorado HS just does not have the quality of players that will match what we will be pursuing from CA, FL, TX, etc.

Logan catches a lot of **** here, but the guy knows what's up, and won't hold CP accountable for the actions of previous coaches....but do you blame him for not pushing kids to come play for Embree, MM, or Dorrell? If his kids came, great. But I don't blame him for not pushing kids in to a questionable turn around project. I believe Logan's posture about CU is night and day different now then it has been with those other coaches, and he is lobbying for his kids to not be overlooked, because he knows there is real talent coming to Boulder to ride a rocket ship.

If you were Logan, would you advocate for the Buffs? You want to see your kids win and succeed and the Buffs were not going to do that. Kids from Creek, Mullen would not have changed the outcome of CU seasons. As a Buff alum you would want the Buffs to pay attention and show up for your kids, but if you truly want what's best for your kids (players) would you have pushed for the Buffs?
With Prime here now, there will maybe be 1 or 2 kids a year from the local high schools that will be able to play for the Buffs. Colorado HS just does not have the quality of players that will match what we will be pursuing from CA, FL, TX, etc.
Which leads into the greater point and why Logan is full of ****. He didn't want his best players with better P5 options to go to CU. He wanted CU to recruit his middling players that were more G5 or FCS caliber.

I remember him bitching on his show one day a few years ago about CU not recruiting Billy Pospisil, a 5'10" WR at Pomona with one P5 offer (WSU) and a couple FCS offers. Kid went to WSU for a couple seasons and transferred to Mines.

Logan catches a lot of **** here, but the guy knows what's up, and won't hold CP accountable for the actions of previous coaches....but do you blame him for not pushing kids to come play for Embree, MM, or Dorrell? If his kids came, great. But I don't blame him for not pushing kids in to a questionable turn around project. I believe Logan's posture about CU is night and day different now then it has been with those other coaches, and he is lobbying for his kids to not be overlooked, because he knows there is real talent coming to Boulder to ride a rocket ship.
Agree, but as I said in my last response, he can't have it both ways. I don't blame him for not encouraging his best players to go play for Embree, MacIntyre or Dorrell, but don't sit there and blast the program for not recruiting in-state kids. Those staffs did recruit the in-state kids that could actually help the program turn around, but that's not what he wanted. He wanted CU to recruit the G5 kids

Agree, but as I said in my last response, he can't have it both ways. I don't blame him for not encouraging his best players to go play for Embree, MacIntyre or Dorrell, but don't sit there and blast the program for not recruiting in-state kids. Those staffs did recruit the in-state kids that could actually help the program turn around, but that's not what he wanted. He wanted CU to recruit the G5 kids
And this is the instance that CP says: "Sorry Dave, he isn't good enough to play for us", and Logan is faced with the prospect of telling a HOF'er that he is wrong.

Things have changed quickly. The very best local players for the most part haven't given CU a thought for a few years, and now the very best might be marginal for what Coach Prime is trying to do. The best kid at Creek isn't being compared against the best kid at Valor or Columbine, but against the best kids in FL, GA and TN. Good luck with that.

Things have changed quickly. The very best local players for the most part haven't given CU a thought for a few years, and now the very best might be marginal for what Coach Prime is trying to do. The best kid at Creek isn't being compared against the best kid at Valor or Columbine, but against the best kids in FL, GA and TN. Good luck with that.
This was my point, just said better!

Lol.. custodian talking to coach MO and catching herself before going off on Dorrell's staff

I just love the custodian's input. Talk about the most pristine review of the difference between things under HCP and the prior regimes: "They are actually working out--together. Not like before, when they were just sort of....."

Too dang funny to catch that little interaction. I like that truly everyone feels involved.

Jizzla strikes again.

the headline is a quote from CJ but elevating it to the headline for promotional purposes is pretty out of line. then he spends the rest of the article finding every way he can to shank the program. shame on me for reading this ****....

Jizzla strikes again.

the headline is a quote from CJ but elevating it to the headline for promotional purposes is pretty out of line. then he spends the rest of the article finding every way he can to shank the program. shame on me for reading this ****....
I find CJ’s comments pretty embarrassing to be honest.

Jizzla strikes again.

You know what’s beautiful though - Prime (and by extension CU) doesn’t really need the Post anymore for exposure - they could yank his credentials tomorrow and be just fine. My 75 year old mother in law will just have to find another source for CU football news.

I like CJ a lot. What comments were the most cringeworthy? I don’t really want to click on the article.
Basically says he’s scared that recruiting at a high level is going to bring back the arrests, crime and police interaction with the team that was so heavily scrutinized in the past. Talks about the Boulder culture clash with Prime and elite football. Blah blah blah

Basically says he’s scared that recruiting at a high level is going to bring back the arrests, crime and police interaction with the team that was so heavily scrutinized in the past. Talks about the Boulder culture clash with Prime and elite football. Blah blah blah
Ah. I understand that’s what those guys went through, but I feel like primes celebrity transcends that. Maybe I’m naive, but I expect as long as Prime is here he will be able to be very selective and there won’t be a shortage of players with and without baggage that will want to play at cu. I also wonder if the modern cu era with cameras everywhere will also be a strong deterrent for players getting into sketchy situations.

Sounds cool but does the NIL collective have any idea how to organize and promote a live concert series?
This is a place where Prime's celebrities can provide legitimate revenue for everyone, and although the NIL Collective itself cannot maybe promote a concert, Deion and his son and others are capable of making something special happen and the amount of potential revenue that can come into a Collective would be spectacular. It would take a promotional/events arm to make it work out, and I feel like all the athletes could "WORK" the concerts and be promoted and earn some serious money from them.

Would love to see as many special events come to CU that would generate sponsors and ticket revenues, such as getting Fowler, Klatt, Schick and other national folks to come through as often as they can to do special events and you charge tickets and you get sponsors. The more interaction as possible, the better

I mean, I have never liked Jizla, and a lot of the **** he writes has gotten under my skin in the past, but objectively speaking I don’t really see a problem with this article. The history is there to make this a fair question to ask. Boulder is not a diverse town, and AA athletes have sometimes not been treated fairly. Openly asking the question of how CP will respond when one of his players ends up on the police blotter, and the anti football crowd becomes vocal, is a fair position IMO. I would be lying if I didn’t admit to wondering the same thing (I expect CP to pass with flying colors, but I’ll still wonder until I see it). Disagree with CJ all you want, but he knows from experience.

Back