What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

Fair warning. They don't hide the injury.

OMG - That was one of the best 90 minutes I've ever spent watching YouTube. We have an active thread that talks about how polarizing Deion Sanders is. I've always admired him as the athlete that he was (because that's what we see). But I've judged him on just that. I have extended family members that have openly said that they aren't sure Coach Sanders is good for Colorado because all they know is the gold chains and the bravado that has always been in the public eye. After watching Shannon interview PT, I have a whole new perspective on the man and I'm so proud he's going to lead our football team for however many years we're going to have him. I have no doubt he will be successful. HCPT isn't polarizing, he's misunderstood.

I'll be sharing this with my family so they can learn more about the man.

That's what I'm talking about. Between that and Sharpe, you can see what Prime is all about. How many people do we have in our lives that we can say about, outside of our families, that if we could use a hand they'd come if we called? And with Prime it's even beyond that because they're calling him to ask if there's anything they can do to be of help. The man builds lifelong close relationships. This is what we got in a coach and leader of our program. Anyone who thinks it's only "Neon Deion" flash with no substance and he'll be in over his head at a P5 job is either ignorant, an idiot or is delusional out of fear or worse.

OMG - That was one of the best 90 minutes I've ever spent watching YouTube. We have an active thread that talks about how polarizing Deion Sanders is. I've always admired him as the athlete that he was (because that's what we see). But I've judged him on just that. I have extended family members that have openly said that they aren't sure Coach Sanders is good for Colorado because all they know is the gold chains and the bravado that has always been in the public eye. After watching Shannon interview PT, I have a whole new perspective on the man and I'm so proud he's going to lead our football team for however many years we're going to have him. I have no doubt he will be successful. HCPT isn't polarizing, he's misunderstood.

I'll be sharing this with my family so they can learn more about the man.
Shocking that the comments on the video are not filled with hate from the Nubs. Great interview!

Great conversation. There were several of his thoughts that are different from the 'norm' that I agree with him on, like dreams and not reacting to other people's opinions (e.g., proving others wrong)

Funniest thing, was when Shannon said Coach Prime not wearing flip flops anymore.

Great conversation. There were several of his thoughts that are different from the 'norm' that I agree with him on, like dreams and not reacting to other people's opinions (e.g., proving others wrong)
He's definitely wrong about this part.

He's definitely wrong about this part.
What part(s) do you think he's wrong about?

People talk about following their dreams. Prime says this is beyond anything he could of dreamed about and we can and do go above what we can imagine.

People claim they are motivated to prove other people wrong. You shouldn't be caring or reacting to what other's opinions are. You should be working toward something because of your own qualities and confidence.

What part(s) do you think he's wrong about?

People talk about following their dreams. Prime says this is beyond anything he could of dreamed about and we can and do go above what we can imagine.

People claim they are motivated to prove other people wrong. You shouldn't be caring or reacting to what other's opinions are. You should be working toward something because of your own qualities and confidence.
I was making a joke that is only funny if you know I'm an argumentative asshole.

Fair warning. They don't hide the injury.

The scar on his calf….

Fasciotomy is a surgery to relieve swelling and pressure in a compartment of the body. Tissue that surrounds the area is cut open to relieve pressure. Fasciotomy is most often needed in the leg, but it may also be done in the arm, hand, foot, or abdomen.

Fasciotomy surgery is required to relieve the pressure within the fascial compartment that surrounds the muscle to significantly reduce symptoms caused by below knee compartment syndrome. During fasciotomy surgery, the skin and fascial compartment are cut open so that the compartment pressure is relieved. Any dead tissues and muscle is removed at the same time. The wound is then left open to prevent the likelihood of pressure build up reoccurring. The wound is closed during a second surgery, usually 48-72 hours later once the swelling has gone down. Skin grafts may be required to close the wound.

😬

The scar on his calf….

Fasciotomy is a surgery to relieve swelling and pressure in a compartment of the body. Tissue that surrounds the area is cut open to relieve pressure. Fasciotomy is most often needed in the leg, but it may also be done in the arm, hand, foot, or abdomen.

Fasciotomy surgery is required to relieve the pressure within the fascial compartment that surrounds the muscle to significantly reduce symptoms caused by below knee compartment syndrome. During fasciotomy surgery, the skin and fascial compartment are cut open so that the compartment pressure is relieved. Any dead tissues and muscle is removed at the same time. The wound is then left open to prevent the likelihood of pressure build up reoccurring. The wound is closed during a second surgery, usually 48-72 hours later once the swelling has gone down. Skin grafts may be required to close the wound.

😬
Obviously Prime had it bad enough that he needed toes removed, but fasciotomy surgeries in and of themselves are actually not that bad. They sound much more invasive than they truly are. I also don’t think that “wound is then left open…” etc part is very common.

I’ve had 6 fasciotomy surgeries (one on each calf, 3 right foot, 1 left foot) so I’m not speaking about something I have no experience with. I am surprised by the visibility of his scars as my calf ones are nearly invisible now. Granted my calf fasciotomies were 9 years ago

“I know you’re an Ivy League graduate and I don’t need to walk you through your paperwork.”
chris farley film GIF

The scar on his calf….

😬
Hopefully Deion's blood clots were not caused from being vaxxed.

Back