What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

One thing I'm confused about. Spring practice officially begins tomorrow, but it seems they've been practicing quite a bit. They've been lifting, running, and doing passing drills all with coach involvement. What distinguishes what they've been doing for the past few weeks to official spring practice?

One thing I'm confused about. Spring practice officially begins tomorrow, but it seems they've been practicing quite a bit. They've been lifting, running, and doing passing drills all with coach involvement. What distinguishes what they've been doing for the past few weeks to official spring practice?
They've been doing winter training, no x's and o's or organized football.

They've been doing winter training, no x's and o's or organized football.
And aren’t there restrictions on how involved the coaching staff can be? I think they aren’t allowed to “coach.” I think most of these workouts are player led. Or at least that’s how it used to be. But the S&C coaches can be involved. I think. Unless rules have changed. Off season workouts are required to be voluntary.

Last edited:
And aren’t there restrictions on how involved the coaching staff can be? I think they aren’t allowed to “coach.” I think most of these workouts are player led. Or at least that’s how it used to be. But the S&C coaches can be involved. I think. Unless rules have changed. Off season workouts are required to be voluntary.
If they are considered voluntary, I don't know how voluntary they are. If guys aren't working out they won't be here in the fall. I'm pretty sure they are required and not considered "voluntary".

I believe, and the rules are confusing, that off season practices are limited to 8 hours per week. That doesn’t include spring training for football. Spring training has its own rules.

I believe, and the rules are confusing, that off season practices are limited to 8 hours per week. That doesn’t include spring training for football. Spring training has its own rules.
I think you're right about the practice part, or not far off. Weight lifting and conditioning is different

Can anyone explain the first graphic? Why is discipline represented by blood near the shaft and handle but a clean point and spine?

Dorrell must be seeing all of this and be like, “Oh.”
I've thought about KD a bit while watching what Sanders is doing.

Imagine getting fired from your job after a few years dismal performance, and then seeing your successor not only succeed, but take that role to a fairly unprecedented high level. If KD has any pride or self worth at all, it must be emotionally crippling.

Imagine getting fired from your job after a few years dismal performance, and then seeing your successor not only succeed, but take that role to a fairly unprecedented high level. If KD has any pride or self worth at all, it must be emotionally crippling.
I agree, but I also think if he has any self awareness at all, he understands the difference between him and Prime and why there is unprecedented excitement and support now versus the last few years. It's not like they hired a standard college HC, even a successful one, like Matt Rhule, Luke Fickell, Matt Campbell, Tom Herman, etc. We all would have been over the moon with one of those guys, but I highly doubt CU is selling 30k+ Spring Game tickets or selling out of season tickets in March with one of those guys. Prime is one of one.

I agree, but I also think if he has any self awareness at all, he understands the difference between him and Prime and why there is unprecedented excitement and support now versus the last few years. It's not like they hired a standard college HC, even a successful one, like Matt Rhule, Luke Fickell, Matt Campbell, Tom Herman, etc. We all would have been over the moon with one of those guys, but I highly doubt CU is selling 30k+ Spring Game tickets or selling out of season tickets in March with one of those guys. Prime is one of one.
yep, which I suspect makes it that much more emotional for KD -- my guess is he can't even conceive of how to close the gap between himself and HCDS, whereas he could at least fathom getting to Rhule or Fickell's level.

again this is all in my head, but I think that's where my thoughts would be dwelling.

Not that KD would have had the success as Prime with similar rules in place, but KD was following the handcuffed rules given to him by PD and RG. Prime doesn't come here if Saliman doesn't remove those handcuffs and provide actual institutional support.

If I'm KD, I'm shrugging off that my situation was different while giving a nod to Prime being Prime and delivering something in recruiting KD could never have done regardless of the lack of handcuffs. Not many could.

Last edited:

He has a few million reasons not to be emotionally crippled. He can afford a great therapist if he’s having emotional issues. And it must not be too bad. His kid is working for Prime. Now, if Prime adopts his son, that would leave a mark.

I like the spirit of your message. Personally, I do not think Dorrell has that level of self awareness. My guess is that he is salty and thinking something along the lines of "if RG had given me an open checkbook on transfers and updated the menu I would be just as successful".

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Back