What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime Introductory Press Conference Thread - LIVE at 1.30pm MT!

I woke up this morning with a bad hangover
And my penis was missing again.
This happens all the time.
It's detachable.
This comes in handy a lot of the time.
I can leave it home, when I think it's gonna get me in trouble,
Or I can rent it out, when I don't need it.
But now and then I go to a party, get drunk,
And the next morning I can't for the life of me
Remember what I did with it.
Props for King Missile reference. I have not heard that band for eons, but will make sure I give them a listen soon!

He certainly is going to ruffle some feathers. I thought it was interesting that he doesn't like to be called by his own first name, but he calls all the women reporters there to do their job "baby". While I don't think it's a big deal, I'm sure some people will.
He called everyone baby, male and female. He uses the term baby all the time. It’s not a reference to anyone in particular

Last edited:
Sorry, you could read my brother's name on the first image I posted. Scribble was too opaque. He's acting like a child watching others open their Christmas gifts, but he doesn't deserve death threats. I think.
They probably wouldn't have been serious ones.

Sorry, you could read my brother's name on the first image I posted. Scribble was too opaque. He's acting like a child watching others open their Christmas gifts, but he doesn't deserve death threats. I think.
Your brother seems opaque.

Your brother seems opaque.
He's actually a very good guy. Has been wildly successful (if you measure success in dollars - I know that's not right), but insecure (and I don't know why). So his "jokes" often put people down. He could be insufferable when drinking, but hasn't had a drink in 10 years.

He certainly is going to ruffle some feathers. I thought it was interesting that he doesn't like to be called by his own first name, but he calls all the women reporters there to do their job "baby". While I don't think it's a big deal, I'm sure some people will.
And so it begins…

Yeah, having a coach walk into a meeting with players and tell them “we’ve already got a few positions taken care of”…I think that was hardest part for me.
Truth hurts sometimes. But they have to be aware that after going 1-11 with the lowest scoring offense and the worst run defense in the nation that there's no such thing as job security. If they didn't realize that, then I have to say I'm blown away by how low the expectations were and how much they were coddled.

He's actually a very good guy. Has been wildly successful (if you measure success in dollars - I know that's not right), but insecure (and I don't know why). So his "jokes" often put people down. He could be insufferable when drinking, but hasn't had a drink in 10 years.
Mostly I wanted to make an opaque joke.

…In a memo from RG to the chair of the Women’s Study program.
Dear Women's Study Program Chair,

Are you insisting that an American representing a marginalized identity must comply with the linguistic rules that have historically been used to undermine the opportunities for his race - rather than allowing him to speak authentically in a way that most truly represents his lived experience?

I eagerly anticipate your response.

this is going to be fascinating as it is all going to be on tape. those that played sports at pretty much any level beyond grade school know what team meetings and locker rooms are like.

when i watched the video of the visit to the facilities last night and the new LB couch walked into the lb meeting room and screamed LISTEN UP MOTHER ****ERS it felt nostalgic.

we're going to win.

The team meeting was interesting, seemed like a combination of shock, fear, and resignation from many of the players.

How long has it been since they have had a coach standing in front of that room who talks about accountability and standards and meanis it?

A lot of those guys were looking at the end of their P5 football careers. That team was so beat down over and over that they accepted it. They expect to lose.

Others in their know in their hearts that a bunch of new guys are coming in and likely will be taking their spots, a big group with some overlap to the last group knows that they aren't dedicated enough to football to meet Coach Prime's standards and they haven't in their time at CU learned how to elevate their performance to meet those standards.

I watched the Jackson State game yesterday (and one earlier in the season.) They may be FCS but there are a lot of players on that team who are better players than CU put on the field.

Some of them are better players because they are more talented, the high end recruits who he brought in. A lot more of them are better players because they are better at learning the game, preparing for the game, and getting the best out of their abilities they have.

Prime had amazing natural talent when he played, few could match him. What was really the difference though was his intense desire to be the very best and his willingness to do what it took to be that, be it in football or baseball. His coaching looks to be the same, intense desire to be the best, unwillingness to compromise on being the best, and a drive to do what it takes to make that happen.

Back