What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime Needs To Find House 1 Mile From Campus

Have you considered getting a driver?
ben stiller snap GIF

Barnett was actually much closer in....close to the Boulder Rez. Embree lived in one of the coolest areas of Boulder (Above White Cliffs, just off 95th....absolutely incredible views up there, and I think he might even still own that home).....also happens to be about 1 minute from where Neu lived
Where did Coach Rod live? The answer to that probably puts this discussion to rest.

Wonder what drives the county requirement for a 7 min fire suppression system? Is it square footage, or simply distance from a fire station. Out here, you live in the country, your house just gonna burn down.

Wonder what drives the county requirement for a 7 min fire suppression system? Is it square footage, or simply distance from a fire station. Out here, you live in the country, your house just gonna burn down.
Umm ...... didn't you see how bad the fire was in Superior 14 months ago?
Didn't it start in the prairie?

It is a requirement for houses of certain square footage and age for fire prevention reasons. A county that includes a lot of wildland-urban interfaces susceptible to fire can adopt building codes to lessen the collective risk posed by acts of god. The same rationale drives requirements for seismic reinforcement in areas near active fault lines.

The word "literally" has been in use for centuries and you can't seem to figure it out. Sooooo....*

*Unless you were literally shocked, in which case I apologize.
My English skills apparently have deteriorated, as the internet has expanded.
Using "literally" to emphasize a point that isn't actually true, seems like correct usage.

My English skills apparently have deteriorated, as the internet has expanded.
Using "literally" to emphasize a point that isn't actually true, seems like correct usage.
It "seems like it" -- i think you hit the nail in the head re: why this happens so much.

It's wrong, but it feels right.

Hum.
  • INFORMAL
    used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
    "I was literally blown away by the response I got"
Okay. That's not what it means, which is maybe why it is under the "informal" (also known as "incorrect") definition and not the, you know, actual definition.

There is a difference between a definition and acknowledging that a lot of people use a word incorrectly.

Also note how the word "literally" is used correctly in the (informal) definition that you provided. That should blow your mind, but it probably won't.

Okay. That's not what it means, which is maybe why it is under the "informal" (also known as "incorrect") definition and not the, you know, actual definition.

There is a difference between a definition and acknowledging that a lot of people use a word incorrectly.

Also note how the word "literally" is used correctly in the definition that you provided. That should blow your mind, but it probably won't.
You just literally blew my mind.

Back