What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football 9/26 - the SEC is back!

Nick Saban says he willing to play 10 conference games per season going forward.

Better update that conference realignment thread with the upcoming surprise SEC/Sunbelt conference merger.

I think P5 conferences will be moving towards 10 conference games. That means the Big 12 needs to add one more team.

Nick Saban says he willing to play 10 conference games per season going forward.

Better update that conference realignment thread with the upcoming surprise SEC/Sunbelt conference merger.
To be fair, saban has always been for a 9 game conference schedule, atleast publicly.

To be fair, saban has always been for a 9 game conference schedule, atleast publicly.
I think he has a high degree of confidence in his team and believes the more conference opponents he can play the more he can control the outcome of the league to his advantage. Beating Backwoods State U. 65-3 doesn't do much for him in that regard.

Some other SEC schools count on those easy wins to pad their records while making a bunch of money.

Three observations from the day in CFP-

1) The SEC was fascinating today-Fowler called Alabama's performance workmanlike, and I think that's a pretty fair term for it. Missed the Auburn game so I can't speak on them. Shifting to the East-Florida looked pretty good. Tennessee will probably be a factor in the there. Georgia has offensive issues-and their schedule is gonna be a problem for them. Their next five games look like this-Auburn (rivalry game), Tennessee (UGA is probably better on paper but this won't be a gimme W for them), at Alabama, at Kentucky, Florida (and I think that game is still in Jacksonville this year?)

2) Miami.........wow. That was impressive. That game at Clemson is appointment viewing already. D'Eriq King is a game changing transfer for that program under Manny Diaz, and Rhett Lashlee fits him to a tee as a play-caller. The ACC (especially given Miami and Notre Dame miss each other) could easily get two teams into the playoff. Quick thought on FSU: Tough break not having Mike Norvell tonight, and his job got a lot harder after this performance. Most points given up in that rivalry by either side. That's a total culture change, and one that fanbase will have to be patient with. I don't see them being nationally relevant again until that staff gets a chance to flip the roster. Since we're basically awarding bowl bids to whoever wants them this year, I vote we put FSU and Nebraska in a new game. We can call it the "Oh, how the mighty have fallen" Bowl.

3) The Big 12's a mess. Oklahoma will probably lose again, and Texas (regardless of the outcome of the Red River game) will blow a game to somebody they shouldn't lose to. Opportunity for the Pac 12 here-and one that could help CU. CU won't be Oregon's (and likely will miss Cal and maybe Washington now too) crossover game because they need somebody who will bolster whatever argument for the playoff, and frankly so does this conference.

Last edited:
Bama looked really good last night. Dylan Moses completely transforms that defense. Offense is not as explosive without Tua, but they might be more efficient.

Not quite as sold on Florida as everyone else appears to be. Trask and Pitts are legit, but defense looks shaky.

Mentioned it yesterday, but I really think people are sleeping on Okie Lite's defense. As good as it has been under Gundy.

As far as Oklahoma, hopefully that loss eliminates them from the playoff. Saw a pretty wild stat about their defensive recruiting: in the last five classes (including 2021), they have landed six total defensive players ranked in the top 30 of Texas recruits.

Bama looked really good last night. Dylan Moses completely transforms that defense. Offense is not as explosive without Tua, but they might be more efficient.

Not quite as sold on Florida as everyone else appears to be. Trask and Pitts are legit, but defense looks shaky.

Mentioned it yesterday, but I really think people are sleeping on Okie Lite's defense. As good as it has been under Gundy.

As far as Oklahoma, hopefully that loss eliminates them from the playoff. Saw a pretty wild stat about their defensive recruiting: in the last five classes (including 2021), they have landed six total defensive players ranked in the top 30 of Texas recruits.
Fully agree on Okie St D. LBs can run. Back 5 are mobile. Lots of depth.. Brundage is good rusher.

Sanders back next week. Saving carries with Chubba.

#5 Geaux Boomer

At the end of a week when the Pac-12 -- but much more importantly the MAC East and Mountain West West -- announced plans to return to the playing field later this fall, we weren't sure exactly how much the atmosphere surrounding the 2020-21 college football season(s) would change when the ball was kicked off in places like Oxford, College Station, Baton Rouge and both Columbias.

Back