What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football Is Getting Toxic

The key has to lie in balance.

The tribal aspects, traditions, and bloodthirsty rivalries have always been a huge part of what makes college football great. It gives the game certain passion that isn't matched by any other league. This stuff doesn't translate to the nfl for me; even when the Broncos had Peyton, I was watching more for just enjoying the game and the league as a whole. Yeah, I always wanted the Broncos to win, but the diehard element just wasn't there the way it is for the Buffs. I couldn't enjoy watching football at all on Saturday of last week after our disgusting loss on Friday. But I've watched probably more NFL than ever this season, even with "my team" being an absolutely embarrassing dumpster fire.

Constant ****-talking gets old. I'll rip on our rivals and make fun of the snooze-inducing offenses of the big 10 west all day long. These things make me feel better about the Buffs. Simultaneously, I can acknowledge that the Pac-12 is full of fantastic QBs and that there are dozens and dozens of defenses out there that are head and shoulders over ours, too-- and enjoy watching them, because good football is simply fun to watch and celebrate.

I can throw piss-bombs at Husker fans and tip my hat to Utah's defense and ability to find innovative ways to win-- and it comes from the same place in me.

I think most of that is just hyperbole from fans (so and so sucks), and that’s just a big part of fandom, IMO, and I think comments about hating MSU or Baylor, etc are rooted more in off field antics rather than football reasons.
Heard a piece of a good rivalry yesterday. At West Virginia game, they played Sweet Caroline. When it came time to sing along for “oh, oh, oh” part, Mountaineer fans all sang “eat **** Pitt”. Loudly. With veins bulging.

Back