What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

The school is requiring it for in person attendance. He shouldn’t be on the team if he’s not allowed on campus. What am I missing?
As with any vaccine the school required prior to attendance before COVID, people can seek exemptions for different reasons. He will be citing "religious" reasons and I'm not sure how hard the school will want to fight that. Personally, if he's going to fight it, I say kick him off the team. He's clearly selfish enough as is.

My mind immediately went to one CU player who publicly tweeted he won't be getting it. I will be livid if that costs the team a game or more.
Honestly, college kids or idiots. I'm sure he'll be getting it because he will be told that if he wants to be on and around the team this Fall he will need it

Who is it, btw. Since he made it public...

he's a college kid. I wouldn't be so quick to label him one way or the other. maybe he'll change his mind. maybe he'll research the topic further. maybe a pretty girl will get him to see it a different way. maybe this is a chance for him to grow and learn.
All of those scenarios could happen. It doesn't remove his selfish and potentially destructive behavior.

As with any vaccine the school required prior to attendance before COVID, people can seek exemptions for different reasons. He will be citing "religious" reasons and I'm not sure how hard the school will want to fight that. Personally, if he's going to fight it, I say kick him off the team. He's clearly selfish enough as is.
Im guessing there are several Yankee players that might be thinking differently. Over 40 vaccinations are great. Vaccinating college kids is f’ing moronic. Look at the data. The risks of the side effects of just the average vaccine FAR outweigh the risks of Covid Especially, one that the longitudinal studies won’t be available.

no way this holds up.

Im guessing there are several Yankee players that might be thinking differently. Over 40 vaccinations are great. Vaccinating college kids is f’ing moronic. Look at the data. The risks of the side effects of just the average vaccine FAR outweigh the risks of Covid Especially, one that the longitudinal studies won’t be available.

no way this holds up.
False statement

no way this holds up.
Please send us those data.

Yeahhhh, I'm indifferent to be honest...
he's a college kid. I wouldn't be so quick to label him one way or the other. maybe he'll change his mind. maybe he'll research the topic further. maybe a pretty girl will get him to see it a different way. maybe this is a chance for him to grow and learn.
I have also seen his name pop up as a potential pro candidate but one who will be a late round choice or an undrafted FA.

Not saying this is going to happen but wonder if his attitude would change if a certain uncle called and told him that missing games because he didn't get vaccinated would be looked at as a big negative by NFL general managers.

I think 16 is the ultimate goal, but they can’t just go from 4 to 16 in one step. I think 16 is actually a very appropriate number. There will be grumbling from the #17 team, but how likely is it, especially in today’s college football landscape, that the #17 team would beat the #1 team? Maybe once in 20 tries?
Just like hoops bubble teams gripe.

My response for football is that I'd much rather get the #16 team wrong than the #4 team.

Just like hoops bubble teams gripe.

My response for football is that I'd much rather get the #16 team wrong than the #4 team.
That, but also the fact that bubble teams in hoops are generally 12-14 seeds. The 14-16 seeds are automatic qualifiers and cannon fodder for the top teams (Virginia aside). So those guys have a bit of a gripe. Nobody is going to leave out a 12th ranked football team from any kind of football tournament.

That, but also the fact that bubble teams in hoops are generally 12-14 seeds. The 14-16 seeds are automatic qualifiers and cannon fodder for the top teams (Virginia aside). So those guys have a bit of a gripe. Nobody is going to leave out a 12th ranked football team from any kind of football tournament.
Got to multiply by 4 with your hoops seeds. For the Dance, your 12th rated team is a 3-seed. 12-seeds are teams 45-48 (50 with the play-ins now).

Got to multiply by 4 with your hoops seeds. For the Dance, your 12th rated team is a 3-seed. 12-seeds are teams 45-48 (50 with the play-ins now).
Yes, I get that. My point was that bubble teams are generally seeded somewhere around 12-14. Those wouldn’t be ranked teams at all, but still arguably good enough to be in a field of 64. In a 16-team football bracket, the 12th seed would likely be ranked somewhere around 12th. That team wouldn’t ever worry about being left out of a 16-team bracket.

Amazing that people on this site will even turn on CU's players over vaccine religion.

So pathetically judgmental - let's boot Brady Russell right off the team! I won't be surprised if some of the people here Russell him during home games because he won't get vaccinated.

Amazing that people on this site will even turn on CU's players over vaccine religion.

So pathetically judgmental - let's boot Brady Russell right off the team! I won't be surprised if some of the people here Russell him during home games because he won't get vaccinated.
Do you find his stance selfish in consideration of every teammate, coach, faculty, staff and student is being vaccinated to be able to create a campus environment where everyone is more safe & protected?

Help me understand what the issue is with getting vaccinated because I sincerely do not understand why a religion would be opposed.

Back