What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

The 2nd tweet was from like a week ago, that person knew.

So, essentially DC Scalley calls a player a n word on a text in 2013 that he meant to send to fellow coaches, but accidentally sent to a recruit.

Then another player says he was harassed by Scalley in the same way as a student athlete until finally confronting him as a senior in front of the team.

That is not good. You can’t explain away that text. It was 7 years ago. That was not a different era. It wasn’t a youthful mistake. It wasn’t heat of the moment. He just flipped out a text. Time for a new DC in Utah.

There’s no excuse for doing that, none. But also, who saves a text for 7 years? That’s probably 3 phones ago - did they screenshot it and save for later?

There’s no excuse for doing that, none. But also, who saves a text for 7 years? That’s probably 3 phones ago - did they screenshot it and save for later?
It seems to be a thing in taking down college coaches. Something bad happens during recruiting. The player and his family try to move on. Eventually, it comes out. Isn’t this basically the same setup as Dantonio?

It seems to be a thing in taking down college coaches. Something bad happens during recruiting. The player and his family try to move on. Eventually, it comes out. Isn’t this basically the same setup as Dantonio?
Maybe and I admit I haven’t followed the stories very closely, but I’m always surprised that someone would keep damaging info this long without showing it sooner.

Maybe and I admit I haven’t followed the stories very closely, but I’m always surprised that someone would keep damaging info this long without showing it sooner.
Don’t know for sure, but my hunch is that there’s some fear of reprisal when the player is being recruited and/or playing elsewhere. Once college football is over, the tea gets spilled.

I do not think it is unusual at all for people to keep emails or documents for decades, especially in certain industries/professions or transactions. I know I have.

I do not think it is unusual at all for people to keep emails or documents for decades, especially in certain industries/professions or transactions. I know I have.
No offense, that sounds psychopathic. Transaction documents, ok maybe if for legal purposes - but offensive (non-illegal) texts?

No offense, that sounds psychopathic. Transaction documents, ok maybe if for legal purposes - but offensive (non-illegal) texts?

None taken. I am careful. People get accused and dragged into things all the time. Perhaps Zion wishes he saved a few things. I don’t know.

People often do say I wear a tinfoil hat. Let me give you an example. Most people I know at work use an app that will push emails from their work to their cell phone. I think this is very common these days, right?. The cell phone is owned by the employee, who purchased the iphone and pays the monthly bill. Well, the moment you use that phone for work purposes, and especially if you get data like the aforementioned emails, it effectively becomes company property that the courts will make you fork over. Oh, if you are in the Apple ecosystem, and stuff gets pushed into your iPads, they get dragged in too. How do I know this is true? Because it happened at**CENSORED**

None taken. I am careful. People get accused and dragged into things all the time. Perhaps Zion wishes he saved a few things. I don’t know.

People often do say I wear a tinfoil hat. Let me give you an example. Most people I know at work use an app that will push emails from their work to their cell phone. I think this is very common these days, right?. The cell phone is owned by the employee, who purchased the iphone and pays the monthly bill. Well, the moment you use that phone for work purposes, and especially if you get data like the aforementioned emails, it effectively becomes company property that the courts will make you fork over. Oh, if you are in the Apple ecosystem, and stuff gets pushed into your iPads, they get dragged in too. How do I know this is true? Because it happened at**CENSORED**
I understand the privacy concerns but yeah it does sound a little paranoid. I’m not required to use my cell phone for email and company business but I do it for my own convenience and productivity. I would be far less productive if I didn’t have quick access to email in my pocket.

Getting back to the original discussion - I just can’t imagine sitting on an incriminating text for 7 years just in case I felt like nailing someone with it one day.

I understand the privacy concerns but yeah it does sound a little paranoid. I’m not required to use my cell phone for email and company business but I do it for my own convenience and productivity. I would be far less productive if I didn’t have quick access to email in my pocket.

Getting back to the original discussion - I just can’t imagine sitting on an incriminating text for 7 years just in case I felt like nailing someone with it one day.

Ok, that’s fair enough. Just realize that your phone and every click, keystroke, and snap could be considered company property to one degree or another. I don’t think people realize how unfavorable the laws are to individuals in this country when it comes to IT (or having a police officer kneel on your throat for almost ten minutes).

In the subject case, there are a whole lot of ‘balance of power’ issues between an established coach and players. He might not feel comfortable sharing it in his then present circumstances 7 years ago, but he sure as hell is going to save that text to maybe back up another young Black teenage freshman down the line. Good move. 👍 It’s not as bad as Weinstein but that’s effectively how he got away with ****. Balance of power issues, but ultimately enough saved documents and testimonials surfaced to expose him for the monster that he is.

He simply could have been inspired to share it with someone after this week’s events.

Ok, that’s fair enough. Just realize that your phone and every click, keystroke, and snap could be considered company property to one degree or another. I don’t think people realize how unfavorable the laws are to individuals in this country when it comes to IT (or having a police officer kneel on your throat for almost ten minutes).

In the subject case, there are a whole lot of ‘balance of power’ issues between an established coach and players. He might not feel comfortable sharing it in his then present circumstances 7 years ago, but he sure as hell is going to save that text to maybe back up another young Black teenage freshman down the line. Good move. 👍 It’s not as bad as Weinstein but that’s effectively how he got away with ****. Balance of power issues, but ultimately enough saved documents and testimonials surfaced to expose him for the monster that he is.
It may be too that he never intended to share it with anyone but when he saw it he was offended/insulted/shocked/surprised enough that he couldn't bring himself to delete it.

There are cases that come to court with women who have been the victims of varying levels of harassment who are asked "If he did this to you why did you keep answering his phone calls or keep a gift he gave you or somehow continued to continue the connection." The only answer is that they are shocked enough that even though it happened they still have to convince themselves that it did.

In this case the player without even realizing it may have kept the text just to remind himself that he wasn't making stuff up and that a coach would actually do that.

Widely regarded as one of the top S&C coaches in the country. Ferentz seems to have responded pretty well to an ugly situation so far.

The Forde article is pretty damning. This seems to be a cultural issue created by the Ferentz. Given the current social environment, I wonder if Ferentz is done. But, since it’s Iowa, I feel like Doyle will be the fall guy and the party will go on.

The Forde article is pretty damning. This seems to be a cultural issue created by the Ferentz. Given the current social environment, I wonder if Ferentz is done. But, since it’s Iowa, I feel like Doyle will be the fall guy and the party will go on.
Doyle is done. Ferentz deserves a reprimanded or a suspension, at least, in my mind.

Folks are going to dig hard now.

There a good, but radioactive, S/C coach out there.

Doyle is done. Ferentz deserves a reprimanded or a suspension, at least, in my mind.

Folks are going to dig hard now.

There a good, but radioactive, S/C coach out there.
It’s hard to get rid of a CFL whose hospital wing overlooks your football stadium where they have sick kids do the wave before the games. However, the Forde article places the blame for a toxic, vindictive, and (probably) racist culture there squarely on Ferentz. That’s pretty damning, but Iowa helps to mediate some of his risk.

Back