What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Not sure where to put this, but a bunch of pro wrestlers on campus today, posting pics with Prime.

Mark Henry talked to the team.

I misread this. Eagerly went to check the schedules and was like “hey, wait, there’s no game on xxx, yyy, zzz, etc”. Came back and read this and noticed it said “or NFL”.
rupauls drag race television GIF

That part is going to be harder. Kids still have only 1 free transfer and I don't think he gets to cut players like he could in the first offseason.
Yep. It will mostly 1st time transfers and grad transfers leaving. For others, it's going to be tough - especially if they have already redshirted.

No more ruthless than many other professional sports teams.
Exactly.

I was listening to sports radio and there was an interview with Marty Smith of ESPN. He's got a book out called "Sideline CEO" where he compiled a bunch of interviews with top coaches and distilled it down to 8 pillars of leadership.

He was asked about what was one of the most enlightening things anyone said and he brought up Saban. Saban said that people who are ultra high achievers can't stand mediocre people and vice versa. That the mediocre will always try to bring down the achievers, but the achievers don't pay any attention to the mediocre.

I think this is a lot of the Coach Prime stuff in a nutshell. Who his friends are and how super successful people are drawn into his gravity with like attracting like. Also, how he's assembling his roster. This is a process of building an organization and a player group of all people who are like him - high achiever personalities. He can't stand being around people who aren't like that and doesn't sweat moving them out & moving on.

This also applies to the haters in the media, the coaching profession and the public. Coach Prime doesn't have the time or inclination to worry about them because anyone hoping for someone else's failure has outed their self as one of the mediocre trying to tear down a high achiever on a mission.

Anyway, this really resonated with me as what I have meant when I have said that the guys with the gold jackets & the HOF coaches are built different. It's why a Tom Brady loves him while a Danny Kanell is a hater.

Exactly.

I was listening to sports radio and there was an interview with Marty Smith of ESPN. He's got a book out called "Sideline CEO" where he compiled a bunch of interviews with top coaches and distilled it down to 8 pillars of leadership.

He was asked about what was one of the most enlightening things anyone said and he brought up Saban. Saban said that people who are ultra high achievers can't stand mediocre people and vice versa. That the mediocre will always try to bring down the achievers, but the achievers don't pay any attention to the mediocre.

I think this is a lot of the Coach Prime stuff in a nutshell. Who his friends are and how super successful people are drawn into his gravity with like attracting like. Also, how he's assembling his roster. This is a process of building an organization and a player group of all people who are like him - high achiever personalities. He can't stand being around people who aren't like that and doesn't sweat moving them out & moving on.

This also applies to the haters in the media, the coaching profession and the public. Coach Prime doesn't have the time or inclination to worry about them because anyone hoping for someone else's failure has outed their self as one of the mediocre trying to tear down a high achiever on a mission.

Anyway, this really resonated with me as what I have meant when I have said that the guys with the gold jackets & the HOF coaches are built different. It's why a Tom Brady loves him while a Danny Kanell is a hater.
And this explains why the high achieving posters that Allbuffs attracts can’t stand NetBuffs.

Back