What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado #8 in new rankings...

So, we beat Stanford, who wasn't ranked at the time but is now, and WSU who was ranked at the time and isn't now. And Utah who was and is still ranked. So, does that make us 1-0 against ranked teams (Utah) or 2-0 (WSU and Utah) or, umm, 3-0 (Utah, WSU and Stanford), haha.

Last edited:
So, we beat Stanford, who wasn't ranked at the time but is now, and Utah who was ranked at the time and isn't now. So, does that make us 1-0 against ranked teams (Utah) or 2-0 (Stanford and Utah) or, umm, 1-0 (Stanford), haha.
Utah is ranked 20th. They actually jumped up 2 spots after losing to CU.

I've found the committee will waffle back and forth about "ranked wins" and if they count based on current rankings or rankings at the time. Of course, like all things, probably just bending the justifications as needed in each case to defend the choices they already made.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought WSU would end up not being the especially helpful win some were thinking it might be, if were to win out and be hoping for the playoffs.

Us going winning the Pac-12 title was going to necessarily mean that WSU would lose either the last 2 or 2 of their last 3. It turned out they lost their last 2, and fell out. Personally, even though losing to us didn't drop them and Utah even gained after we beat them on Saturday, had WSU won last Friday, my feeling is that losing to us twice in 14 days would have dropped them, too.

Any way you look at it, that win was destined to not be as good as we wanted it to be. Not that it's not a good win for us, it's just not going to be a very big win in the view of the committee.

They could have helped us out a lot by not losing to EWU....

No doubt. The team that rolled into Boulder should have been undefeated. Boise in Boise is a tough out, even for a lot of P5 schools, but WSU was better than them.

EWU was absolutely unforgivable. I think that, just as much as SC's ass-pounding at the hands of Alabama, torched the national perception of the Pac-12 right from the get-go.

when I was at CU.... I painted my face, drank beer, and farted the CU fight song out of my ass..... now that I am 42... that is inappropriate..... so I do not know how to handle our success..... we haven't had any since 2006.... I am limited to talking smack on AllBuffs.....
You could always just flip off a trucker.

I'd like to knock the snot out of Booger McFarland. He kept saying Michigan beat us "soundly." Aaarrrggghhh!

Back