What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado at UCLA Game Thread

An old guy in section 207 just yelled at me to cut out the swearing. I felt bad, but there's like only one child in the sectio about 3 rows in front of me. ****ing Westwood...

I've basically come to the conclusion that all this talk about offense, defense, zone, timeouts, etc. is all just bull****.

Just like with the football team, this is a talent issue. It starts with recruiting. We're just bottom tier. It's that simple. We very very rarely beat out other P12 schools - or any power conference school - for anybody. Just look at the big guy we just signed. Wyoming was his best offer besides us. Guys just aren't choosing us when they have a solid option at another power conference school. You can overachieve and coach guys up and occasionally turn that into a great season, but on average, the program will continue to be middling at best.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but it's reality.

I am sofa king pissed. I am really ready to stop wasting my time on the buffs. This is like watching the ****ing football team for the last six years. I love Boyle but he has to show us something. This is 5 or 6 horrible efforts in a row. We are lucky we won a few at home. He has to get this straight.

I am sofa king pissed. I am really ready to stop wasting my time on the buffs. This is like watching the ****ing football team for the last six years. I love Boyle but he has to show us something. This is 5 or 6 horrible efforts in a row. We are lucky we won a few at home. He has to get this straight.
Why? We keep extending him.

Watched the first 5mins and shut it off. Te will finish 1-2...lose in first round if p12 tourney and go to the Nit... poorly coached team right now

Watched the first 5mins and shut it off. Te will finish 1-2...lose in first round if p12 tourney and go to the Nit... poorly coached team right now

Really think we'll beat ASU? I don't.

And this is not a coaching issue, unless you mean recruiting. With these players, this is who we are ... an NIT level team. Plain and simple.

Well. I was pretty sure this would be a blowout after the emotional loss to USC. That's why I didn't watch. Gotta sweep the AZ schools now.

RPI 33 with an 8-7 record in conference play, 19-9 overall.

Got to figure it out for this home stand to avoid the Bubble, but still in great shape.

Got to figure it out for this home stand to avoid the Bubble, but still in great shape.
Agree, but the trend is worrisome. It's like Tad needs to take a timeout and do a team reset.

Agree, but the trend is worrisome. It's like Tad needs to take a timeout and do a team reset.

Big problem right now is that in conference play teams know you too damn well. Play a zone that extends out on shooters and double J40 in the post. Basically, dare CU to try to get dribble penetration. I don't know if this roster has an answer for it, either. Very concerning.

I don't know if this roster has an answer for it, either. Very concerning.

This goes back to a lack of quality recruiting by Tad. Tad is a nice guy, but he cannot recruit at the Pac-12 level and he cannot make quality changes in-game. It is painful to watch poor lineups inserted, the other team goes on 8-0 or 14-0 spurts with no line-up changes or timeouts. Every game.

Big problem right now is that in conference play teams know you too damn well. Play a zone that extends out on shooters and double J40 in the post. Basically, dare CU to try to get dribble penetration. I don't know if this roster has an answer for it, either. Very concerning.

This roster does not have an answer for it. Only team in the conference that doesn't have one single legitimate slasher/penetrator guard. That is hard to believe. A gigantic hole in Tad's recruiting.

This is an NIT team. Sure, we have spurts where we can look like a Sweet 16 contender, but lots of teams do that. Lots. The level of your talent generally shows itself over the course of a full season and we're just not there. Guard play is near the bottom of the Pac 12. Our ceiling will continue to be very low as long as that is the case.

Expected if you have a NIT staff you have a NIT team right. Note to Boyle defense and rebounding work great when you also install a real offense.

We might be in great shape but it is starting to look like one and done in whatever tourney we end up in.

I felt like we might lose this one because UCLA would really be playing for some kind of tournament placement, but I didn't see us getting hammered like we did. I like Tad Boyle but I am starting to question the teams drive and intensity. Are the Bruins really 20 plus points better than the Buffs this year?

...Are the Bruins really 20 plus points better than the Buffs this year?
I would say 'not likely' based on the entire season, and I would say 'not at CEC', but the last homestand may suggest otherwise. It could turn around for the Buffs but at this point I'm not optimistic, until / unless I see it happen.

I'm less worried about making the tournament and more worried about CU playing like a tournament caliber team.

The finish line shouldn't be just a seed at the tournament. The finish line should be a sweet sixteen appearance or better.

Yet as the regular season is winding down, the Buffs quality of play and conference record are looking more unremarkable all the time. While any loss is bad, it's the type of losses on this LA road trip that are particularly disappointing. An epic choke and an embarrassing blow-out is no way to make it to the dance, my friends.

Hope we're ready to potentially meet UCLA again in Las Vegas with it being possible that we need a win to make the NCAA Touranment. We've now long since kissed goodbye to the top 4 and may well end up an 8 seed.

Back