What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Buffaloes v Texas Longhorns - Alamo Bowl, 29 Dec, 7pm MT - GAME THREAD

I could have gone either way with the field goal call but this is why you kick it. If he made it it's a 2 score game right now.

Turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover

This what happens with years of dog**** recruiting. Coaching is really trivialized when you are this physically overmatched. Dorrell will be fired unless recruiting dramatically improves, which is highly doubtful.
Wow, you are starting to understand. Amazing

Bull****

We needed to play to win.

We played to not lose.

And we did.
Don't argue with the need to play to win, have no hope of winning if you don't.

We needed though to not give up huge chunk plays on defense, we needed to protect the passer, we needed to not have our WRs and TE drop catchable balls, even if they weren't perfect throws.

The coaches have not called a good game but we will not lose this game because of coaching. We will lose this game because Texas has much more talent than we do and made plays when we didn't.

Huh. I learned two new penalties watching CU football this years. Blocking below the waist on the defense, and previously in the year, roughing the snapper.

I'm truly am annoyed by the number of times we have heard how depleted Texas' defense is. FFS. Can we get a little acknowledgment that we're missing not just Landman but also Sami and Lang?
I heard Landman once, but to be honest, I don't pay attention to the announcers much.

Regardless of the outcome of the game, it will still be a dumb ref call that was costly to a CU drive. How is bowl game ref so dumb as to only call targeting on a sliding QB. And why wasn't Dorrell going absolutely bananas on the sideline, like get yourself almost kicked because of how dangerous that play could have ended.

Feels like we NEVER ever hit that long open deep throw! At least as long as Montez and Noyer have been here. Always putting too little air under it. Lewis made one long throw and it was an easy catch. If you cannot make that throw, you should not be in there.

Don't argue with the need to play to win, have no hope of winning if you don't.

We needed though to not give up huge chunk plays on defense, we needed to protect the passer, we needed to not have our WRs and TE drop catchable balls, even if they weren't perfect throws.

The coaches have not called a good game but we will not lose this game because of coaching. We will lose this game because Texas has much more talent than we do and made plays when we didn't.
Bull****
We lost this game and Utah because the coaching staff refused /refuses to recognize that Noyer is ****ing broken and can't throw the god damn ball.

It cost us a chance vs utah.

It cost us this entire game.

And if they aren't careful, it will cost us a promising qb prospect if lewis doesn't think he's going to get an honest chancenin the future

I'm truly am annoyed by the number of times we have heard how depleted Texas' defense is. FFS. Can we get a little acknowledgment that we're missing not just Landman but also Sami and Lang?
I’ve been watching CU football for a long time. Longer than I care to think of. All I can say is this, every time I have heard in the last 42 years (42 years!) that the other team will have an issue due to injused or missing players, and every time I have heard that the weather will favor CU, it hasn’t happened, in fact the opposite has happened.

Back