What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Colorado is a lot more talented than you think they are"

You see BoulderBuff? You're lucky DBT is a kind hearted as he is. You could've been >< that close to your end.
images

All Hail DBT!
I never realized you were such a dick head.

It's both if you ask me, scheme and speed. Also, guys need to know how to play their position and quit over running everything. We have some speed with a few guys but are pretty average and undisciplined as a unit. Red zone D was good tho and it is most important right there.

If your dad posted that on this board, he'd get his ass ripped apart! I've been beaten into submission.

So far into submission that you can't seem to get through a game chat without ripping into a few of the players??

Damn, we're persuasive I guess....

Major and Polk will be monsters before all is said and done. DBT was right in the Tyler thread, it does slow down with reps. You know that Valdez, smartass, lol jk.

That's what my dad said to me this morning after watching the game last night.

He's impartial or even a bit biased against CU (he went to Mizzou). He thought it was clear that Georgia had better athletes, but that the teams were a lot closer than anyone would have expected. He honestly thinks that we've got the players to win the Big 12 and that Tyler could grow into a special QB.

I then told him we've got to play Mizzou, Oklahoma and Nebraska on the road so the conference schedule isn't doing us any favors. He said, "That's a problem."

Anyway, I thought that was encouraging. Dad knows his football. And I thought it was interesting that I've been more bullish on the CU talent than both 'Message Board Guy' and 'Scouting Service Guy' (not to mention radio/tv 'Talking Head Guy')... but Dad thought I was way too negative on what we have.

Talent is a small issue for us, coaching on the other hand....

I whole-heartedly disagree. I don't think this team is very talented at all. Seriously, go up and down the roster and count how many stars were next to these guys names when we signed them.

Our starting QB and RB are average/below average, who likely wouldn't be starting at 75% of Big Six schools. Our WR corps has lots of talent, but they are under-utilized. Our only 5-star player (Kasa), doesn't even start. Our other two 5-stars players of late left the program.

This is why we suck. It's Hawkins' major downfall. As the old saying goes, in college, "its the Jimmy's and Joe's more than the X's and O's". Just look at most SEC teams (especially LSU), who win IN SPITE of poor coaching because of the talent on the roster.

tell that to Georgia fans today.

I whole-heartedly disagree. I don't think this team is very talented at all. Seriously, go up and down the roster and count how many stars were next to these guys names when we signed them.

Our starting QB and RB are average/below average, who likely wouldn't be starting at 75% of Big Six schools. Our WR corps has lots of talent, but they are under-utilized. Our only 5-star player (Kasa), doesn't even start. Our other two 5-stars players of late left the program.

This is why we suck. It's Hawkins' major downfall. As the old saying goes, in college, "its the Jimmy's and Joe's more than the X's and O's". Just look at most SEC teams (especially LSU), who win IN SPITE of poor coaching because of the talent on the roster.

I don't know how I missed this post. You are joking, right?

This is why we suck. It's Hawkins' major downfall. As the old saying goes, in college, &quot;its the Jimmy's and Joe's more than the X's and O's&quot;. Just look at most SEC teams (especially LSU), who win IN SPITE of poor coaching because of the talent on the roster.

I'm pretty sure Miller was a 5* as well.

My Take:

Colorado is better then I thought they were. UGA is worse then I thought they were. Your coach is still a bonehead in some situations and your secondary is slow. Defensively you're a mess. Offensively you showed that you can ball it up when your coach doesn't prevent you from doing so.

Remaining schedule predictions for CU:

@Missouri - L
Baylor - L
TexTech - W
@Okie - L
@Kansas - W
Iowa State - L
Kansas - W
@Nebraska - L

My Take:

Colorado is better then I thought they were. UGA is worse then I thought they were. Your coach is still a bonehead in some situations and your secondary is slow. Defensively you're a mess. Offensively you showed that you can ball it up when your coach doesn't prevent you from doing so.

Remaining schedule predictions for CU:

@Missouri - L
Baylor - L
TexTech - W
@Okie - L
@Kansas - W
Iowa State - L
Kansas - W
@Nebraska - L

Whats up with that last lost you prick? Lol jk.

No. Why should I be bullish on the talent of a team that hasn't had a winning season in many years?

I was thrilled with the way Tyler and Speedy stepped up on Saturday, but that doesn't make everything okay. We need to start recruiting some playmakers, stat. This is especially true on defense, since the Pac 10 has some explosive spread offenses.

I don't know how I missed this post. You are joking, right?

No. Why should I be bullish on the talent of a team that hasn't had a winning season in many years?

I was thrilled with the way Tyler and Speedy stepped up on Saturday, but that doesn't make everything okay. We need to start recruiting some playmakers, stat. This is especially true on defense, since the Pac 10 has some explosive spread offenses.

You should get more wins in the Pac. The Pac ****ing sucks.

The Baylor game and Iowa State game are winnable games....can you show up? We'll see.

Yeah but have to do some things. We gotta approach Baylor how Boise does, I know I know lol, contain is huge. Filter Griffin inside, same with TMagic.

Back