What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Stanford- October 13, 2023 - 8pm MT, ESPN

I was wrong. Woods indeed played ILB in traditional sets. I get it (good blitzes; team player, gamer) and I don’t get it (run right him; tackling in traffic).

So many other issues.

46 points in a half. The defense was on the field. That historically pathetic performance was by the defense. 43 pts should easily win against Stanford. The defense is straight trash and the DC is in over his head. He has consistently shown he is incapable of making changes on the fly. The defense is at least as bad as last year, if not worse. Fortunately, the offense is exceptional and puts up big numbers. The defense is 🗑
That’s not actually true. He adjusted great against USC. Last night was the result of multiple players being undisciplined, poor tackling, over confident. And I feel like a lot of this was fed off of Hunter.

I missed the second half and wake up to this lol. Tough one but a learning experience for the team not to take a steaming **** on the first half bed of roses you made.

I think ultimately this will be a very good lesson for what not to do when you are way ahead.

I still believe!

University Of Colorado GIF by CUBoulder

Woke up this morning, still pissed, what a letdown. I don't think I'll look at the number 29 the same way again. I'm pissed at the loss but more so the season impact and trajectory. That game allows us to go 1-4 in the last 5 and get to a bowl, if we won. Now we've gotta go 2-3 against tougher teams and with three on the road. It can still be done, but damn it didn't need to be this hard. We've got along way to go with personnel and game management decisions. Did we even call a timeout yesterday? 🤯

Well, that was an absolute gong show of a 2nd half. I'm glad I got some quality time with our college boy. Good grub, too many drinks, snuck six of us into the Champion Center seats, got my ass kicked in beer dice. The HS boy won his HS game.

Overall a magical day, aside from the **** show on the field.

Also -WTF are we running the ball out of the shotgun on our 1 yard line? Worst play call I've seen in my entire life.

Woke up this morning, still pissed, what a letdown. I don't think I'll look at the number 29 the same way again. I'm pissed at the loss but more so the season impact and trajectory. That game allows us to go 1-4 in the last 5 and get to a bowl, if we won. Now we've gotta go 2-3 against tougher teams and with three on the road. It can still be done, but damn it didn't need to be this hard. We've got along way to go with personnel and game management decisions. Did we even call a timeout yesterday? 🤯
Nope. Left 3 timeouts on the board in regulation. Zero adjustments. No circling wagons when they pulled within three. No timeouts to get personnel issues dealt with. It was a very poorly managed half of football by Prime.

I missed the second half and wake up to this lol. Tough one but a learning experience for the team not to take a steaming **** on the first half bed of roses you made.

I think ultimately this will be a very good lesson for what not to do when you are way ahead.

I still believe!

University Of Colorado GIF by CUBoulder
Oh I think all of us still do-but I think we know this wasn't going to be instantaneous.

There was not a single player that I would call out for this loss!
Prime, Lewis, and Kelly are 100% to blame
Even Special Teams was good enough.
First half was fantastic all around
29 offensive points
Defensive shutout
2nd half strategy was the biggest shytshow ever put on Folsom grass.
Broncos 70 and Buffs 29-0 are national embarrassments
Prime has to project brand imaging, but he failed to CEO guide the ship.
This one hurts

This loss has nothing to do with needing 10 or 12 more ballers on the team. Stanford isn’t Georgia, we have the talent to not only beat them but dominate them. This is all about coaching. Having 12 guys on the field multiple times, not being able to adjust when a team keeps being successful on the same play over and over and over again, throwing up a Hail Mary in the end zone in overtime instead of just getting rid of the ball, missed tackles, and just generally looking confused about their assignments in different situations. It’s great timing for a bye week because they need to step back and clean up all the basic fundamental lapses if they are going to win any more games this season.

Thanks for the update!
On the east coast. I'll be staying up if anyone is interested.
Every. ****ing. Time.

I deserved that. Im old and We drank too much. 😂 I watched it this morning.

My first time being on the east coast when the game is on late. My poorly made point was the late kickoffs really suck for the conference.

The national guys (Gameday and Big Noon) are relatively positive about the Buffs. At least that is something.

I figure at least 10 single things had to happen in the second half for Stanford to win and if only one of those didn’t happen we would’ve won. It was almost like some rare cosmic event that only happens once in a millennia.

I think one other issue is with everybodies expectations. Prime flipping the roster the way he did was amazing and absolutely changed the trajectory of this program almost overnight. However, expecting this team to play the same way as a team that has been playing together for 2 or 3 years may be expecting too much.

I’m actually an old millennial.

Have to have substance with the flash and after halftime yesterday 2 didn’t live up to it.
Yeah, those were comments made to me last week after I said #2 should tamp it down just touch, seeing as we barely beat a ****ty team and we are just not that ****ing good.

I figure at least 10 single things had to happen in the second half for Stanford to win and if only one of those didn’t happen we would’ve won. It was almost like some rare cosmic event that only happens once in a millennia.
That's actually happened (now) 3 times in the last 15 years, and all instances our Buffs were involved.

I think one other issue is with everybodies expectations. Prime flipping the roster the way he did was amazing and absolutely changed the trajectory of this program almost overnight. However, expecting this team to play the same way as a team that has been playing together for 2 or 3 years may be expecting too much.
That's absolutely fair and understandable with the SC loss and Oregon blowout. But losing to the worst team in the conference when up 29-0 is a different animal

Back