What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Stanford- October 13, 2023 - 8pm MT, ESPN

Hunter, Kennedy, Harden, Jatta and McCaskill are going to give the team a completely different look than last week. They're clearly looking for something going into that bye week. I like that they're not going to be complacent!
It'd be great if this could be an empty the bench kind of game and see who can play. They should be giving everyone a shot on the OL at this point.

I ❤️ football at night

I also understand that, while 8PM kickoffs suit my lifestyle really well, that it's hard on those with young children

It's really cool that over the season we have games scheduled throughout the day, so everyone can enjoy some that work best for them and everyone can make some compromises

I'm also OK with not being on the same page as Sanders with this -- I expect coaches and fans to have different priorities.

Still not a fan of Friday night games during HS football season

I ❤️ football at night

I also understand that, while 8PM kickoffs suit my lifestyle really well, that it's hard on those with young children

It's really cool that over the season we have games scheduled throughout the day, so everyone can enjoy some that work best for them and everyone can make some compromises

I'm also OK with not being on the same page as Sanders with this -- I expect coaches and fans to have different priorities.

At least the young children problem is a a problem for future me. That guy is ****ED tomorrow morning. At least it's a day I can take it easy until I've had the 3 or 4 cups of coffee necessary to overcome things.

In my time zone is a 10 pm kickoff. F that. I'll record it, find something else to do tonight, and watch it in the morning, fast forwarding through all the commercial breaks.

man, i love the Prime Era.

we are on national tv and have the luxury of complaining about the kickoff time. that is how cool we now are.

west coast, it isn't that bad. saturday this late is worse because it requires puke, pass out, and rally techniques.

today i should be able to moderate. possibly.

maybe.

probably not.

these are glorious days, my friends.

Yep. And a bunch of sororities and girls' apartments hang up banners that say "DILFS drink for free!"

I always stop in to say hi. If they ask me to leave, I point to the banner and demand a beer. I don't even drink.
Amirite

In my time zone is a 10 pm kickoff. F that. I'll record it, find something else to do tonight, and watch it in the morning, fast forwarding through all the commercial breaks.
In general, I hate them. Today, I’m flying home from Monterey and don’t land until 1015. I’m recording it and will watch it when I get home. Had to make my son promise not to watch any of it before I get there. Also, he wants to go to Stanford.

Edit: it’ll be like 8pm for me since I’m getting home from CA. YAY ME!

Last edited:
Play a clean game, get up early, and run that clock by pounding the rock. Put it to bed by 11:00pm.

Did you mean to write "eleven O'clock"?
http://www.gifsyoucanhear.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/surebecoolifyoudid.gif

9 PM for me. I’ll have to make sure the kiddo is zonked out by 8:30…I’d rather have a Friday late game than Saturday. Especially since this Saturday is ridiculously busy for me.

thinking about Sanders' comments on the late night games, "Who makes these 8 o'clock games? Dumbest thing ever. Stupidest thing ever invented in life. Who wants to stay up until 8 o'clock for a darn game?". This led me to question how many he played in at FSU. FSU was a good team back then and I figured they probably got a lot of prime time (pun intended) TV slots.

over his four years as a college player, he played 49% of his games at night. Out of 45 total games:
  • 15 had 7PM local time kick off (one of those was a 7:30)
  • 6 had 8PM local time kick off (one was a 7:45)
  • 1 had with a 9PM local kick off
I looked up JSU and he did not coach a game with a kickoff later than 6PM while there. I guess he's gotten used to noon kickoffs

I don't recall him complaining publicly about the kickoff times as a player, but also, I'm not surprised one bit that he has different priorities now that he's a coach.

thinking about Sanders' comments on the late night games, "Who makes these 8 o'clock games? Dumbest thing ever. Stupidest thing ever invented in life. Who wants to stay up until 8 o'clock for a darn game?". This led me to question how many he played in at FSU. FSU was a good team back then and I figured they probably got a lot of prime time (pun intended) TV slots.

over his four years as a college player, he played 49% of his games at night. Out of 45 total games:
  • 15 had 7PM local time kick off (one of those was a 7:30)
  • 6 had 8PM local time kick off (one was a 7:45)
  • 1 had with a 9PM local kick off
I looked up JSU and he did not coach a game with a kickoff later than 6PM while there. I guess he's gotten used to noon kickoffs

I don't recall him complaining publicly about the kickoff times as a player, but also, I'm not surprised one bit that he has different priorities now that he's a coach.
I think his bigger issue is that 8pm is 10pm for most of his recruits and player families since they're in the ETZ.

I think his bigger issue is that 8pm is 10pm for most of his recruits and player families since they're in the ETZ.
that take is reasonable but not congruent with "Who wants to stay up until 8 o'clock for a darn game?"

he did follow up later in that interview with comments about the East Coast like you're getting at.

again, I'm chalking this up to coaches, players and fans have different sets of priorities.

Agree with this. We're missing our son's HS football game tonight to go to Boulder for the CU game and party with the college boy and his roommates (and their parents) for family weekend.

I only get so many chances to watch my kid play HS sports, it is frustrating to miss any of them.

that take is reasonable but not congruent with "Who wants to stay up until 8 o'clock for a darn game?"

he did follow up later in that interview with comments about the East Coast like you're getting at.

again, I'm chalking this up to coaches, players and fans have different sets of priorities.
Literally his second half of his uninterrupted commentary was "What about the East coast?"

I don't mind late kickoffs if we are at home watching the game. It's - as noted by others - the driving home in the traffic post-game that sucks. At least we are going in another direction than most of the traffic, but still it's late. And on Friday, I've had to work all day.

Agree with this. We're missing our son's HS football game tonight to go to Boulder for the CU game and party with the college boy and his roommates (and their parents) for family weekend.

I only get so many chances to watch my kid play HS sports, it is frustrating to miss any of them.
You only get so many chances to party with your college kid and his roommates.

Prime says he usually goes to bed around 8pm as well. I am sure that CSU game time messed him up for a few days sleep wise.

Harden too. In Uncle Neely's video tonight, he caught Brew's walk-around during warm ups and he talked to Jatta, Harden and Kennedy about their opportunity tomorrow night. It starts around the 7:30 mark.

EDIT: From Brewster's tone, it sounds like Tank, Bailey, Bam, Jatta and Harden may be the starters.

Jatta at guard and Harden at tackle?

a good article on all the hits SS takes. we need a strong running game.

"If Colorado didn't have Shedeur, they wouldn't win a game, point blank, it's that simple," Dan Lanning told ESPN. "He's getting killed, though. I feel bad. He's such a tough kid."

fif espn

Back