What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Stanford- October 13, 2023 - 8pm MT, ESPN

there is no p12 so what would be the motivation.

maybe more likely that the p12 refs have continually sucked forever and are consistently sucking this last season.
There is some serious hate going on with CU. I wouldn't be surprised if that has spread to Pac 12 officials. Ultimately, I don't know bit there was some blatant no calls last night happened in front of the refs face. The celebration penalty on Hunter was beyond ridiculous.

I was telling my dad this. Bad officiating was on purpose last night. It was obvious
I felt there was a lot of uncalled holding on Stanford, but maybe I was just looking for it in my frustration.

I didn't see the Travis' unsportsmanlike conduct call (I'm guessing a tussle with 0) that gave Stanford a first down after we stopped them, because it was away from the play. Was that legit?

I felt there was a lot of uncalled holding on Stanford, but maybe I was just looking for it in my frustration.

I didn't see the Travis' unsportsmanlike conduct call (I'm guessing a tussle with 0) that gave Stanford a first down after we stopped them, because it was away from the play. Was that legit?
I also felt Stanford was holding a lot and Travis’ penalty was definitely a penalty as a retaliation to that WR ****ing with him and Travis got caught

I thought that was legit and a dumb move from hunter. There were multiple holding and PI's that were purposely ignored, imo. They didn't hesitate calling those on us.

The problem with plays in practice is what you going up against. It looks good in practice because look at the DL
i think this is also our problem with running D Edwards up the middle. he was breaking those plays in Well Off videos during camp and spring and I think the staff believes too much in him based on explosive plays up the middle against our undersized line in non-full-contact situations

Jesus H. Titty****ing Christ. This isn't ****ing peewee football. The players are 100% at issue for the ****ty execution and mental mistakes. This game was a complete team failure, coaches through players.
There were players that made mistakes during the second half, a half that they played under the guidance of the coaches that got us up by 29 points. With 2 quarters remaining, the decision is to either keep trying to pile on your opponent or to manipulate and mitigate any type of a comeback. The clock and turnovers are your enemy. We came out and threw the ball as a strategy 70% of the time, and we threw it poorly for pretty much the first 5 drives, instead of running it. We gave no consideration to Time, and we risked turnovers. We wanted to run up the score instead of winning the game. When we lost all momentum and the comeback was on, there were players not making plays, but at that point it was chaos.
Prime is the greatest CB to ever play, period, and his on-field solution was to be better than anyone. This game needed Coach Prime, to manage the game after halftime in a way that guarantees victory. This is the one time that the lack of game management experience failed him.

I was thinking that, with Cedric the Entertainer there, we were helping him with a new comedy routine.

They practice it and it looks amazing. They generally break for big runs but they never do in the game.

We will adjust. Look how better Miami is this year after revamping their OL
I would suggest they stop practicing against the scout team/walk ons. Not that it matters what I think, but I hope they spend the Bye week going 1s on 1s in full pads. They are far too soft on both sides.

At least the half time message seemed to be about continuing to dominate and not letting up

I don't know if we've discussed this. But it was my observation that the energy changed on the team and in the stadium when Weaver jogged in for his touchdown. If I remember correctly, it was the next offensive possession - the one before halftime - that we started looking a little sloppy and unfocused.

Was Weaver just staying behind his blockers on that touchdown? Or was showboating? Or was the beginning of coasting?

I don't know if we've discussed this. But it was my observation that the energy changed on the team and in the stadium when Weaver jogged in for his touchdown. If I remember correctly, it was the next offensive possession - the one before halftime - that we started looking a little sloppy and unfocused.

Was Weaver just staying behind his blockers on that touchdown? Or was showboating? Or was the beginning of coasting?
He was definitely “showboating” or at least coasting. It was so wide open and he had the two blockers I think he was just accentuating it. RK commented on the post game podcast that him basically walking/jogging made it feel like he didn’t even have the ball.

And yeah I agree, the next series was sloppy and CP even commented on how he wasn’t thrilled with how they finished the half.

I’m less concerned now about the coaching from the perspective of leadership, complacency, motivation, etc. but I am still very concerned with the X’s and O’s and game management of the HC, OC and DC.

I think it was more on the showboating side. Prime mentioned during his field interview with Neely at the end of the first half that we “took a dump on ourselves” by coasting on that last 1st half possession (that led to the missed FG). So he thinks we let off the gas (so to speak) on the possession after the Weaver TD.

Some jackass behind me was calling for Prime to be fired before Stanford had even taken the lead.

Saying things like “Instagram doesn’t matter now” and “all that flash for nothing”

Like dude, I get this was horrific but you’re calling for the head of the only dude in the country that could have us with a winning record at this point in the season and has fully and completely elevated CU to heights it’s never seen before.

Some people are beyond idiotic and this guy probably is on this board. Corey?

Some jackass behind me was calling for Prime to be fired before Stanford had even taken the lead.

Saying things like “Instagram doesn’t matter now” and “all that flash for nothing”

Like dude, I get this was horrific but you’re calling for the head of the only dude in the country that could have us with a winning record at this point in the season and has fully and completely elevated CU to heights it’s never seen before.

The greatest coach in the history of the sport was 6-6 in the regular season of his first year at the helm of his current position. No matter how good you will be, there are almost always major growing pains in year one.

Don't lump me in with that crap, Prime is great but I think there's adjustments needed following the season *shrug*

It could have been that Big Dave guy. He was so fired up he posted his grievances in a completely irrelevant thread.

Back