What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v USC - September 30, 2023 - 10am MT, FOX

I do not like the time slot at all, but yes, it is what is best for the program.
Big Noon needs to move to another site though, they better pay for resodding Farrand and they owe Sackygate some cheddar
Would love 7 pm Eastern, with the sun setting on the Flatirons and all the recruits in the house.

This is the best possible time slot for this opponent.
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

I do not like the time slot at all, but yes, it is what is best for the program.
Big Noon needs to move to another site though, they better pay for resodding Farrand and they owe Sackygate some cheddar
Would love 7 pm Eastern, with the sun setting on the Flatirons and all the recruits in the house.
Yes, how dare they give us millions of dollars worth of free publicity without re-sodding!!!

Colorado is a 27.5 underdog to the Condoms on BetMGM this morning.

I don't see how CU wins but that's tempting.

i believe we will see the Buffs execute better and make fewer mistakes.

i believe that usc is on another level from where we are now.

i also believe that there are ways for CU to win this game, thanks alex grinch.

Is our Folsom Fast offense really that helpful with the way our defense is playing? Feels like we should slow down and shorten this game as much as we can.

Is our Folsom Fast offense really that helpful with the way our defense is playing? Feels like we should slow down and shorten this game as much as we can.
When Folsom fast was a thing in 2016, it seemed like our O-line was Pac12 serviceable, but our defense was dependable to get a three and out, or make a stop at some point in their bending.

Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start its own thread, but does anyone know what type of scheme we're trying to implement regarding our run blocking?

I'm assuming it's zone because no one really fires off the ball, and it seems there's a lot of looking around for someone to block rather than just going forward and trying to get a push.

I ask because aside from maybe Wells and Washington, I don't think our guys are athletic enough to make this work.

I'm not a fan of zone blocking in general, as I've always preferred downhill running and blocking, even if it's out of the gun.

Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start its own thread, but does anyone know what type of scheme we're trying to implement regarding our run blocking?

I'm assuming it's zone because no one really fires off the ball, and it seems there's a lot of looking around for someone to block rather than just going forward and trying to get a push.

I ask because aside from maybe Wells and Washington, I don't think our guys are athletic enough to make this work.

I'm not a fan of zone blocking in general, as I've always preferred downhill running and blocking, even if it's out of the gun.

Are they strong and big enough to do power blocking?

I have 4 tickets (and likely 6) for sale in section 555 of the Byron White Club. I have listed them for $800 each on Stubhub but would sell them for less to a AllBuffs CU fan. PM me if interested.

EDIT: Sold

Last edited:
pass blocking leafs a lot to desire
What I'm seeing there doesn't even make sense. It's 4 weeks now of guys just passing off defenders to thin air...

Is the lack of time together rearing it's ugly head the most in that position group? No cohesiveness at all. Everyone seems to be in a different page.

Also doesn't help we continue to let Dylan Edwards to attempt to pick up blitzes.

I don't know, but it involves less thinking
My guess is, neither blocking scheme works. But based on their talent level and endurance level, zone blocking at least give us some chance.

I think the fundamental issue of this football team right now is, what Lewis is trying to do, is a mismatch from the talent we have.

Little emphasize on the run <-> Good to great RB talent
RPO <-> pro style pocket QB with no running desire
Fast tempo <-> incompetent OL with only 1 summer training together and a QB who tends to hold ball too long and take the sack

We would be sitting at 2-2 right now if TCU has any tape on us. I know people hate me saying this but hey, truth hurts.

Right now we are running too many plays that require our OL to win one-on-one battles. We have very rudimentary running play design and we never really commit to it. Lewis needs to figure out something which might be different from his life long offensive principle. Because if he doesn't, we may not get to six wins this season. He has to adapt to our players' strengths. We have one of the best QBs in college football and many good skill players. There are plays designed to compensate for the OL talent deficiency. Do something that get the ball out of the QB's hand quickly. Try some quick slants, rollouts or bootlegs, whatever he can find.

My guess is, neither blocking scheme works. But based on their talent level and endurance level, zone blocking at least give us some chance.

I think the fundamental issue of this football team right now is, what Lewis is trying to do, is a mismatch from the talent we have.

Fast tempo <-> incompetent OL with only 1 summer training together and a QB who tends to hold ball too long and take the sack

We would be sitting at 2-2 right now if TCU has any tape on us. I know people hate me saying this but hey, truth hurts.

Right now we are running too many plays that require our OL to win one-on-one battles. We have very rudimentary running play design and we never really commit to it. Lewis needs to figure out something which might be different from his life long offensive principle. Because if he doesn't, we may not get to six wins this season. He has to adapt to our players' strengths. We have one of the best QBs in college football and many good skill players. There are plays designed to compensate for the OL talent deficiency. Do something that get the ball out of the QB's hand quickly. Try some quick slants, rollouts or bootlegs, whatever he can find.
You said everything I have been thinking.

At the core is the Run Game Principles
Watch Lewis tape and you will see 80% Shotgun Draw, which is just beyond simple and ineffective unless the other team is always overly respecting your pass game and you have a strong center and guards.
Watching the Miami Dolphin run game with combo block principles, outside zone run (ala Shanahan's), and misdirections is so creative compared to what we run

Agreed. The blueprint to beat CU ain't hard to find. Unless Lewis is willing to modify the offensive scheme to fit the players strengths CU will be lucky to find two more wins. Scrap the up tempo bull$hit and put in a back that can pick up a blitz. I fear nothing can be done about the run defense however.

Back