What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v USC - September 30, 2023 - 10am MT, FOX

Weather is gonna be incredible again. Three straight amazing September home games.

Definitely a sign. Last year started with a crappy TCU weather game. Then Air Force was probably the worst Gameday weather I’ve experienced

I hope it’s only athletes or kids paying cash in that major. No way should a loan for pop culture be subsidized or forgiven haha
Disagree.

I was in a much maligned (nationally) class called "Madonna and Pop Culture Phenomenon" or something along those lines in grad school at CU.

We assume that we can understand previous cultures by examining popular artifacts and customs. And those examinations manifest in respected fields of study in the form of history or anthropology. But somehow, we don't examine our own popular artifacts and customs in real time to understand what it means about us. That was an amazing class that offered an amazing and useful perspective.

Harari does something similar in 21 Lessons for the 21st Century and it brings real value, beyond just the academics.

And I know Brenden and experience him as a serious student (though maybe he's changed). I'd expect him to pursue a relevant major.

Also, **** USC. I hate that mother****ing school and fanbase so ****ing much.

Last edited:
Disagree.

I was in a much maligned (nationally) class called "Madonna and Pop Culture Phenomenon" or something along those lines in grad school at CU.

We assume that we can understand previous cultures by examining popular artifacts and customs. And those examinations manifest in respected fields of study in the form of history or anthropology. But somehow, we don't examine our own popular artifacts and customs in real time to understand what it means about us. That was an amazing class that offered an amazing and useful perspective.

Harari does something similar in 21 Lessons for the 21st Century and it brings real value, beyond just the academics.

And I know Brenden and experience him as a serious student (though maybe he's changed). I'd expect him to pursue a relevant major.

Also, **** USC. I hate that mother****ing school and fanbase so ****ing much.
Short interview with Brenden. Sounds like a thoughtful kid. Calls Colorado his first love. He clearly wants to do well this weekend. I’ll always be a fan of his, but hope he’s covered every time Caleb looks his way this Saturday.

this is a fantastic heads-up recruiting/trasnfer comparison between usc and CU.

https://theathletic.com/4906684/2023/09/28/usc-colorado-transfer-portal-rebuild/

while i am not sure about the contention that defense is conclusively harder to fix through the portal quickly (i think there is a decent chance that alex grinch just sucks ass), look at the comparative ratings on the lines in particular.

Average 247Sports Composite ratings
USC CU

QB0.99690.9126
RB0.97780.9310
WR0.92660.8606
TE0.8826N/A
OL0.89140.8223
DL0.87060.8105
LB0.89700.8354
DB0.94110.8705

Note: The above are the average recruiting ratings as high school prospects for the starters at each position. One player for USC and two for Colorado were unranked.​

the thing that jumps out at me to start is how fantastic our staff did at upgrading our starters everywhere. this side by side would have looked completely different with the previous staff. having Shadeur is clearly a huge difference maker for us,, too.

my big takeaway--- we are not there yet but getting there... need another cycle or 2. i would love to see this comparison with oregon too-- i bet it looks even worse for us.

this is a fantastic heads-up recruiting/trasnfer comparison between usc and CU.

https://theathletic.com/4906684/2023/09/28/usc-colorado-transfer-portal-rebuild/

while i am not sure about the contention that defense is conclusively harder to fix through the portal quickly (i think there is a decent chance that alex grinch just sucks ass), look at the comparative ratings on the lines in particular.

Average 247Sports Composite ratings
QB0.99690.9126
RB0.97780.9310
WR0.92660.8606
TE0.8826N/A
OL0.89140.8223
DL0.87060.8105
LB0.89700.8354
DB0.94110.8705

Note: The above are the average recruiting ratings as high school prospects for the starters at each position. One player for USC and two for Colorado were unranked.​

the thing that jumps out at me to start is how fantastic our staff did at upgrading our starters everywhere. this side by side would have looked completely different with the previous staff. having Shadeur is clearly a huge difference maker for us,, too.

my big takeaway--- we are not there yet but getting there... need another cycle or 2. i would love to see this comparison with oregon too-- i bet it looks even worse for us.
Pretty much tells the entire story, IMO, that OL and front 6/7 are nowhere close to where they need to be to compete with the top 10-15 teams in the country. It would be interesting to see where those ratings stack up against the middle and bottom of the Pac 12.

Short interview with Brenden. Sounds like a thoughtful kid. Calls Colorado his first love. He clearly wants to do well this weekend. I’ll always be a fan of his, but hope he’s covered every time Caleb looks his way this Saturday.

I don't have any animosity towards Rice. He was on social for months begging the CU community to step up with NIL support (even if just driving valuation with social follows) - because Karl was ignoring NIL and presented to RG & PD that he wanted to experiment with a plan to be successful without participating in it. He had to leave if he cared about his career goals.

I don't have any animosity towards Rice. He was on social for months begging the CU community to step up with NIL support (even if just driving valuation with social follows) - because Karl was ignoring NIL and presented to RG & PD that he wanted to experiment with a plan to be successful without participating in it. He had to leave if he cared about his career goals.
Also, that QB play

I wouldn't have blamed him for leaving even if he was getting big NIL dollars here. Going from Mel Tucker (pre phone sex) to Karl Dorrell must have been absolutely brutal.

Pretty much tells the entire story, IMO, that OL and front 6/7 are nowhere close to where they need to be to compete with the top 10-15 teams in the country. It would be interesting to see where those ratings stack up against the middle and bottom of the Pac 12.
I am not sure there is really much difference between the 2022 OL/DL and the 2023 OL/DL. It'll get fixed in 2024, but its pretty surprising how woeful the talent is there this year.

Edit: I should say the edges are better on both sides, especially on the dline. However, the inside of both lines are mostly below average to bad.

Last edited:
Back