What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Utah - November 25, 1:00 PM MST on PAC-12 Network

Exactly. We just need a tough D that plays tough
Simple D would be nice, Leavitt ran a simple and effective tough Defense and we were good
If Kelly and Prime can recruit all the guys they need, then maybe it works, but all we have are some decent corners, one decent still undersized DL (McNeil) and some potentially good DE's (Arden Walker), so that unit is a mile away

This team was 4-8 in a season in which they were 3-5 in <7 point games, one year removed from 1-11 and an average margin of defeat of 29 ppg and we have people talking about “same old ****”.

Sark went 5-7 in year one at Texas
Fisch went 1-11 in year one at Arizona
Smith went 2-10 in year one at Oregon State
Norvell went 3-6 in year one at FSU
Norvell went 5-7 in year two at FSU
Drink went 5-5 in year one at Mizzou

The list goes on and on. Quit being a douche, Zandi, and understand that this is the biggest rebuild of an established program in CFB (maybe ever) and it was never going to be a one year fix.

That is textbook call on the field stands. Not confirmed, but stands. That's the whole point of the review process. You can't overturn unless there is CLEAR evidence. Insanity.
Apologies as I am getting caught up with the game via this tread. I did not watch, but I trust the eyeballs of those here.

I do however hate the “stands” call, gives way too much cover for the officials in the current reply environment. Officials are given a supreme resource to make a call, they do t get the luxury of being undecided. Make a call and live with the decision. Make enough incorrect calls with the superior aid, then find a new career.

Yay?

2016s coach with mikmac would be 8-4, minimum.

Yet we played the game this year, with this team, and this coaching staff.

And ended with the same record that we have for the past 20 seasons.
You mean the same coaching staff that couldn’t turn that year into anything meaningful with recruiting, went 5-7 in 2017 and blew a 5-0 start in 2018, lost 7 straight to finish 5-7? That coaching staff?

You are rage posting and it’s not going well. Take a lap and sit the next 8 months out

Ah yes, the "you can't criticize a coach and not want him fired" approach, also known as the Tad. Lick my taint.

This coaching staff is ass, and desperately needs significant changes.

They suck at in game adjustments
They suck at player substitution
They suck at clock management
They REALLY suck at special teams (since it's a group effort)
I’ve been critical of certain members of the staff, situational coaching, personnel decisions, and general game management all at various times throughout the year. Criticism is one thing. Your posting goes beyond that, IMO, to a place where it feels like you just want everyone fired.

Mikmac's stwff won 10 games in 2016 - this staff isn't winning 10 games in any 2 year stretch combined
fox tv love GIF by Paradise Hotel

I had to miss the game today. Not sure if I’m upset about that.

Not sure why but every season I am surprised how fast it’s over.

Going down to lower overall competition next season in the Big 12 I fully expect more improvement and 6-7 wins and a bowl game.

I’m gonna need us to exclusively recruit interior players from this point out — prep not just transfer

Staub is a major bright spot. he’s the type of player we’ve hoped our last 12 QB recruits would be, not a world beater but he’ll win games with a good OL

This team was 4-8 in a season in which they were 3-5 in <7 point games, one year removed from 1-11 and an average margin of defeat of 29 ppg and we have people talking about “same old ****”.

Sark went 5-7 in year one at Texas
Fisch went 1-11 in year one at Arizona
Smith went 2-10 in year one at Oregon State
Norvell went 3-6 in year one at FSU
Norvell went 5-7 in year two at FSU
Drink went 5-5 in year one at Mizzou

The list goes on and on. Quit being a douche, Zandi, and understand that this is the biggest rebuild of an established program in CFB (maybe ever) and it was never going to be a one year fix.
Now go back and show me the list of new coaches that went 1-11, 2-10 and then got fired in year 3, cause I guarantee you it's more than 4. ****, I'll bet you $100 it's 10x more than 4. I'll give you 2: Mel Tucker and Kardboard

Sark has 100x the backing to buy players
Norvell has 50x the backing to buy players
Fisch and Drink didn't bring their buddies and junior league friends with them to coach power 5 football.

This team, as a whole, has been sub .500 for the past 20 years, and you ****sticks are so amazed that we got back to, get this, being a sub .500 football team.

We suck ass.

We continue to suck ass.

Without significant changes, we will continue to suck ass.

Fact: CU wins this game with competent refs who don't take away two touchdowns plus give utah points off the weakest roughing the passer call in cfb this year

Don't care about how bad the dline was on the last drive, shouldn't have been in that position if the refs didn't bet their life savings on the moneyline.

After processing my frustration over the close losses and the Stanford debacle, I’m optimistic. Prime became noticeably more humble as the year went on which tells me he’s learning from his mistakes. He’s already hired Sapp to create some buzz. I would expect more coaching moves quickly to take advantage of recruiting. Another year in the weight room and program for this team will only help them on and off the field. We made huge strides this year compared to last and I expect Prime to add more difference makers in the portal. The keys variables out there at this point is 1) OL coach, 2) OC, 3) 3-4 OL, 4) 2-3 DL, 5) LB coach, 6) 2-3 LB, 7) high school recruiting to keep building the foundation. That’s a lot but I would imagine the coaching dominoes fall this week and then it’s recruiting season where Prime, frankly, is at his best.

Vassett has been dropping teams inside the 20 all year. Yes he’s had a few shanks but he has been so good. This is silly. One of the best punters in the country
Yeah, I’m not seeing this at all. Every “shank” seems to happen when we need a 50yrd screamer and every 20yrd pin is coming from the opposite 45yd line.

Now go back and show me the list of new coaches that went 1-11, 2-10 and then got fired in year 3, cause I guarantee you it's more than 4. ****, I'll bet you $100 it's 10x more than 4. I'll give you 2: Mel Tucker and Kardboard

Sark has 100x the backing to buy players
Norvell has 50x the backing to buy players
Fisch and Drink didn't bring their buddies and junior league friends with them to coach power 5 football.

This team, as a whole, has been sub .500 for the past 20 years, and you ****sticks are so amazed that we got back to, get this, being a sub .500 football team.

We suck ass.

We continue to suck ass.

Without significant changes, we will continue to suck ass.
Now show me a coach who took over a 1-11 program and got them to 6-6 or better in year one.

Newsflash, dickbag: Most college football coaches fail. Prime might fail at CU. The point is that the improvement YOY is absolutely there, whether you want to admit it or not. Nobody is happy with the blown Stanford game or not finishing the Arizona game. Nobody is happy with the effort put out against Oregon or WSU. It’s a program finding its way and learning to win under a new staff.

There needs to be some changes made to the staff and they need to bring in OL and DL/LB personnel who can play. It’s year one in a massive rebuild.

Bruh . . . your takes suck.

You mean the same coaching staff that couldn’t turn that year into anything meaningful with recruiting, went 5-7 in 2017 and blew a 5-0 start in 2018, lost 7 straight to finish 5-7? That coaching staff?

You are rage posting and it’s not going well. Take a lap and sit the next 8 months out
Yeah, this coaching staff took a 3-0 start, with an 18 ranking, to a 6 game losing streak and the laughing stock of the conference. This staff < that staff.

UU missing their top 4 qbs, half their o-line, more than 4 d starters.

Losing to a Stanford with a 29 pt halftime lead is one of the all time worst coaching jobs ever.

Yeah, this coaching staff took a 3-0 start, with an 18 ranking, to a 6 game losing streak and the laughing stock of the conference. This staff < that staff.

UU missing their top 4 qbs, half their o-line, more than 4 d starters.

Losing to a Stanford with a 29 pt halftime lead is one of the all time worst coaching jobs ever.
Stanford loss was hot garbage
Utah only hands the ball off, so the QB that played tonight did not matter at all
I cherish the 2016 team, so do not compare them, but Prime and MAC are in different spots and depending on the coaching and roster changes, I would see us winning 10 games next season.

Back