What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs USC Game

Sick and tired of this program. It’s always one step forward two steps backward. Given where we were during my day in the 90s the last two decades have largely been disgraceful.
Can’t believe how far we’ve fallen. Apathy has now turned in to complete rejection.
After last season, we were told this year would be the year to take the next step and possibly challenge for a conference championship suddenly the narrative has changed.
We are back to being bottom feeders. You hire a coach like Dorrell to bring stability because no one is ever going to try to poach him. That says all you need to know about the state of the program. Maybe every 5 years we make a run and then after that we suck for the next 5.
Life is too short for that.

This is to give zero credit to the coaches. make no mistake this is not aimed at the coaches.

Impressed with a couple of things.

One is that the defense is battling. They know that the offense isn't going to score enough points to win the game, in fact the offense isn't even going to stay on the field long enough to give them a rest. Despite that the defense is battling and on a couple of these drives has forced a FG when they could have easily buckled and given up a TD.

Fact is that SC could easily be over 30 by now and heading for 40.

Second thing is that despite the beating he is taking, despite no protection and play calling so predictable that the defense knows what is coming before the play is even called Lewis has courage. He keeps sticking his nose in there, keeps hanging in the pocket (longer than he should,) keeps trying, even when he knows he has no shot at success.

As disgusting as this is to watch I still support the players. The coaches on the other hand can leave now and not be missed.

Obviously, Dorrell and Chev do not belong. My question is, does RG get the opportunity to hire a home run coach or should that go to the next AD? I lean to RG staying, he did bring in MT (MT Tucker left the program in shambles) and RG has been stellar at funding and upgrades for the facilities - I think he deserves one more opportunity to bring in a big hire - Thoughts?

You know what's really frustrating? With a decent QB and good OC, this skill position group could make up for the lack of talent on the OL.

As it is, we're asking way too much out of a shaky position group.

I'm sitting here thinking "3 score game. Not over."
Fox Tv GIF by BH90210

Back