What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Complete Lack of Respect for Buff Football....

OK..I live in the middle of college football hell, there is no doubt about that....especially considering the events of the last week.

But, I am about to pop a gasket with these dumb****s down here. The Buffs are deemed a "subpar" team. We are an after-thought in the college football landscape. I saw the Top 10 ESPN Big 12 moments of all-time....no mention of CU.

We had better get this ship turned around fast, or we will continue the fast slide into irrelevance...

Personally I loved when the Buffs took it to Texas in the 2001 Big XII CCG. That should have been on there.

For what its worth, Buffs are down now but you had some damn fine teams for 20 years before the Hawk. You are just going through your version of our Callahan years. I think in 14 years of the Big XII the Corn and the Buffs represented the North 9 times in the CCG. The 'what have you done for me lately' crowd thinks the Buffs have a bad football program. More like a bad head coach. You guys will be fine once you can the Hawk.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.....from today's Star-Telegram....

Why the disrespect???? She cannot even say the word "Colorado?"

Take a deep breath.
Haters gonna hate, and Slaters gonna Slate. It's just the way of the world.
UT and their spin machine are going to do everything in their power to paint us and the Korn as a couple of never were's so they can sleep better at night about us leaving them.

tumblr_l41hgrvBOM1qzvqipo1_500.png

Great thread, I've been close to blowing a gasket on this issue as well.

Our current culture as a real recency effect problem, in that, if it didn't happen in the last five minutes it's irrelevant. Part of the problem is that anyone under the age of 25 or so has no idea of anything that happened outside of their lifetime. I don't think it's their fault necessarily, but history is definitely out of style these days. Accordingly, CU football is out of style, because we've sucked for 4 years. Well the haters are going to be eating crow by betting against us with our new deal, because you can't keep a good thing down for long, and if you examine the history of CU football, the last 4 years are the exception, not the rule. Now that we have the revenue thing worked out (bet on CU starting in the Pac 10 in 2011, and the penalties being a minimal hit to the AD's revenue), we just need to put it to good use, as in hiring better coaches (not just head, but assistants) and upgrading the facilities. Better coaches, better facilities, and a better CA pipeline mean better recruiting, and winning is all about recruiting.

When Colorado has been an elite program in the past, it was due to great recruiting in California, not Texas (with all due respect to Alfred and Knavis).

OK..I live in the middle of college football hell, there is no doubt about that....especially considering the events of the last week.

But, I am about to pop a gasket with these dumb****s down here. The Buffs are deemed a "subpar" team. We are an after-thought in the college football landscape. I saw the Top 10 ESPN Big 12 moments of all-time....no mention of CU.

We had better get this ship turned around fast, or we will continue the fast slide into irrelevance...

Its disappointing but outside of a couple of seasons, we haven't really had been on the college football radar since losing at Michigan in 97. Hopefully a new league will jumpstart us.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.....from today's Star-Telegram....

Why the disrespect???? She cannot even say the word "Colorado?"

I'm not going to lose any sleep over some two-bit hack that makes kizla look like Tolstoy.

Back