What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conditions for Hawk to win my support after this season...

I guess "support" and "tolerate" are two different words. I call BS on anybody that says they would not support Hawk's retention if they were to win the rest of their games including a Big XII title and a BCS win. That would be a feat only accomplished once in the history of CU football. Granted Hawk has provided plenty of firsts on the losing end and I want him gone as much as anybody but I think everybody (myself included) would be lying if they said they would not support him after a 12-2 season, a Fiesta Bowl win and a top 5 ranking. Winning heals a lot of wounds. However, if we were to start next season with the same type of ineptitude, I think "support" would quickly dissipate.

If he wins out, wouldn't the pathetic losses and performances against Cal and Missouri piss you off even more? I don't want a coach that wins that many games, but loses to two very mediocre teams by blowout.

1206653936_6817.jpg

DBT: You are a son of God.
Coach Hawkins: [in tears] Thank you. I've never been called a son of God before. I've been called a son of a you-know-what plenty of times, but I've never been called a son of God.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Nothing* could reestablish my faith in that rotten SOB.... If he did manage to have a winning season here it would be a fluke.

Im pretty sure anyone who says they wouldnt be back on board after a 12-2 season is full of ****. Hell, even an 11-3 or 10-4 season....

I think he could win 6 games - we go to the Magic Jack bowl and lose to another vanilla pretender and he comes back next year to finish his contract.
The administration doesn't give a rat's *****, and that's all that really counts. They are fully aware of what is going on, but athletics is on their back burner.

If Hawk can pull out 10 wins this year, he can stay. If he does that again in 2011, then I will be back on board.

Neither will happen.

Im pretty sure anyone who says they wouldnt be back on board after a 12-2 season is full of ****. Hell, even an 11-3 or 10-4 season....

:lol: 10 wins is un possible.

IF he pulled off ROAD wins against NU and OU or won one of those AND the Big12 Title game he'd be at 10 wins. And if he did that he can stay (I still don't agree with it) because I know our admin would not fire him under those conditions in the current fiscal climate.

The reality is that Baylor, Iowa State, and Kansas State are potentially winnable at home games for us based how well the team has played in certain games. Hell, even Texas Tech is winnable (they got skunked by ISU 52-38). If we win 3 of the 4 (BU, KSU, TT, ISU) we are bowl eligible. The remaining road games outside of KU are not winnable. Beat KU on the road and win two in Boulder and we might make a bowl. Win 4 of the 5 and a bowl is more likely. However, I think a lot bowl committees will avoid CU because they will no doubt pick up on fan sentiments about DH which makes filling their stadium a risky proposition.

Last edited:
Back