What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Congratulations, Air Force

“Running for his life” is the perfect description for Montez. He runs when he should step up and deliver. He runs when a cloud shadows the field. He runs until a defensive player gets within two yards of him and then he falls down.

Do you not understand that there's a correlation between this and the piss-poor offensive line play we've had (in particular since 2016)?

Do you not understand that there's a correlation between this and the piss-poor offensive line play we've had (in particular since 2016)?
This needs to stop. The OL play hasn’t been great, but it was plenty good enough yesterday for Montez to step up and make plays. He so often has a clean pocket but drifts too far out and runs directly into pressure and has to throw the ball away or takes a sack, and people blame the OL.

Do you realize Montez was 1-1 as a starting QB in 2016? You people that justify and enable his historically poor work habits and game performances will slough off all responsibility from him. Answer why he was a two year starter and never named a team captain.

Do you realize Montez was 1-1 as a starting QB in 2016? You people that justify and enable his historically poor work habits and game performances will slough off all responsibility from him. Answer why he was a two year starter and never named a team captain.

I'm not going to debate you here because I agree with you-since his starts in 2016, he hasn't been good for the most part. I don't think we have another choice but to play him for now because we need to do everything we can to get to 6 wins and a bowl game this year. If we go on some long extended losing streak or get to loss #7, I'd have no problem sacrificing wins in November of this year to get looks at Stenstrom or Lytle.

This needs to stop. The OL play hasn’t been great, but it was plenty good enough yesterday for Montez to step up and make plays. He so often has a clean pocket but drifts too far out and runs directly into pressure and has to throw the ball away or takes a sack, and people blame the OL.

For the most part, I'd agree with you. I thought the line was very good against CSU, and pretty good in at least the 2nd half against Fusker. I thought AFA's defensive line got the better of our offensive line yesterday.

“Running for his life” is the perfect description for Montez. He runs when he should step up and deliver. He runs when a cloud shadows the field. He runs until a defensive player gets within two yards of him and then he falls down.
In fairness, I have to admit I would do the same. However, SM should understand that earning his scholarship includes some physically painful experiences. Although perhaps he assumed a different level of protection (i.e. a “competent” level).

Back